Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadastronaut

@ johhy b. its always good to see home made stuff!..nice ... :icon_cool:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

JohnnyB

Taylor, I'll definately do a photo tutorial soon for those interested.

JohnnyB

@deadastronaut - It'll never look as clean as a hammond but that doesn't bug me at all.
I just like coming up with uses for stuff lying around and the pc cases were pilling up at work.
Bring on the hammer and jigsaw... ;D

deadastronaut

Quote from: JohnnyB on September 29, 2010, 03:56:52 AM
@deadastronaut - It'll never look as clean as a hammond but that doesn't bug me at all.
I just like coming up with uses for stuff lying around and the pc cases were pilling up at work.
Bring on the hammer and jigsaw... ;D

@johhny b.yeah but its diifferent too..and custom!..id like to see how you go about it..thats pretty tough metal!!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Pigyboy

Quote from: Pigyboy on September 19, 2010, 08:05:11 AM
Tonebender MKII Professional with old Bulgin knobs, tropical caps, carbon comps, a TI GA323 and 2 x AF6's.

I have swapped out those trannies for these, a TI GA323 and 2 x AF6's.
Here is the video clip played thru an ENGL amp and a weird(but nice) $200 LAG guitar.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_RsVT88wRA&feature=autofb
And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

jefe

Quote from: JohnnyB on September 29, 2010, 02:18:26 AM
Another of my pedals, this time a Stage Center Reverb with charge pump from GGG.
Made for an old reverb tank I pulled from an old amp.
Again in one of my diy enclosures bent from an old PC case.

Very nice enclosures, JohnnyB! I'm hoping to do some similar custom cases myself, I even have a couple of PC cases and old VCR cases laying around.

I was unaware of the Stage Center Reverb circuit. I have an old reverb tank from an organ... now you've got me wondering if I can use it. I remember reading that taking any old reverb tank and turning it into a guitar pedal is more trouble than it's worth, but I wonder if the Stage Center Reverb can be tweaked to accomodate different tanks.

ghostsauce

Quote from: Taylor on September 29, 2010, 03:36:56 AM
I would love to see a tutorial, even if it's crude. That metal looks fairly thick though. I am a super-scronny girly-man, so bending metal ala The Hulk might be beyond my abilities.

Then you're probably one heck of a guitarist! Historically the beefy guys with sausage fingers like me don't do much more than mash at the fretboard. :P

JohnnyB

@jefe - for the SCR to work you need to get a reverb tank that matches impedence to what the circuit design. The tank I have is 600ohms and I think the design calls for a 300ohm. I found adding an extra resistor before the input of the tank got me a nice reverb sound. If you have the spare cash you can get the accutronics tank the design works with for about 35euro.

jefe

Quote from: JohnnyB on September 29, 2010, 09:12:32 AM
@jefe - for the SCR to work you need to get a reverb tank that matches impedence to what the circuit design. The tank I have is 600ohms and I think the design calls for a 300ohm. I found adding an extra resistor before the input of the tank got me a nice reverb sound. If you have the spare cash you can get the accutronics tank the design works with for about 35euro.

Ah, so it can be tweaked, to an extent. I don't know the impedance of the tank I have, I'll have to check. I definitely DON'T want to buy another tank, that would defeat the purpose of using the old one - I want to save it from the landfill, which I'm sure you can appreciate.  :)

Anyway, thanks for the info!

phector2004

I would love to see a tutorial, even if it's crude. That metal looks fairly thick though. I am a super-scronny girly-man, so bending metal ala The Hulk might be beyond my abilities.

Why do I always picture you as being this guy  :P

Pigyboy, I absolutely love those knobs. If I remember correctly, you said they were from military equipment... would I find something similar at the military surplus store? i.e. is it worth exposing myself to the voyeur nightvision-goggle-fantasy creeps that frequent the place?

I like Grunge

Hey Guys!
Many cool FX! I really like them. Unfortunately I'm not able to etch my enclosures, but I'm able to paint them with a CD marker  ;D.
So this is my Phase90 with a Depht knop.very very good sounding FX. Circuit Board and Parts from musikding.de

PS: Sorry for that f****** bad English, I'm from germany and 14 years old, so please stay fair  ;) A
     And sorry for that picture quality...

nocentelli

Quote from: I like Grunge on September 29, 2010, 10:51:54 AMSorry for that f****** bad English, I'm from germany and 14 years old, so please stay fair.

Wow. When I was about 17, I tried to build a fuzz pedal: Failed. Tried again: Failed. After 3/4 attempts, I gave it up for around 15 years.

Well done, young man!
Quote from: kayceesqueeze on the back and never open it up again

I like Grunge

Quote from: nocentelli on September 29, 2010, 02:09:22 PM
Quote from: I like Grunge on September 29, 2010, 10:51:54 AMSorry for that f****** bad English, I'm from germany and 14 years old, so please stay fair.

Wow. When I was about 17, I tried to build a fuzz pedal: Failed. Tried again: Failed. After 3/4 attempts, I gave it up for around 15 years.

Well done, young man!

Thanks. I'm building FX für a year now, and I'm learning by doing. So I failed some projects, too, but most of my projects are working.  Sometimes I sell FX Pedals to friends, but mostly they are staying here at home, or I use them live on my FX board .

Skruffyhound

If you can paint them with a CD marker you can always etch them later  :icon_mrgreen:

CD marker resists acid.

tuckster

Quote from: Skruffyhound on September 29, 2010, 03:20:09 PM
If you can paint them with a CD marker you can always etch them later  :icon_mrgreen:

CD marker resists acid.

May I disagree with you? ;D  I tried it with two different CD markers that won't resist the bad bad etchant. Let's say the right cd marker resists acid.
  • SUPPORTER

I like Grunge

Quote from: tuckster on September 29, 2010, 03:45:34 PM
Quote from: Skruffyhound on September 29, 2010, 03:20:09 PM
If you can paint them with a CD marker you can always etch them later  :icon_mrgreen:

CD marker resists acid.

May I disagree with you? ;D  I tried it with two different CD markers that won't resist the bad bad etchant. Let's say the right cd marker resists acid.

Let's say, i didn't use the right CD marker :D 1€ for 5 of them from the 1€-Store  :icon_mrgreen: You can remove the paint with a normal rubber, so....

Little question, doea anybody got a good Stripboard oder perfboard layout for a RAT? Unfortunaly I'm not able to etch circuit boards, so i mostly use Stripboards or Perfboards. Does anybody know a good one? I don't want to order a BYOC Kit, the bill would be very high, so no BYOC.

Skruffyhound

QuoteMay I disagree with you?   I tried it with two different CD markers that won't resist the bad bad etchant. Let's say the right cd marker resists acid.

Did they work as CD markers? If not then it's just a case of misrepresentation, and I'm still right :icon_twisted: :icon_mrgreen:

Pigyboy

Quote from: phector2004 on September 29, 2010, 10:26:37 AM
Pigyboy, I absolutely love those knobs. If I remember correctly, you said they were from military equipment... would I find something similar at the military surplus store? i.e. is it worth exposing myself to the voyeur nightvision-goggle-fantasy creeps that frequent the place?
Hi Phil,
That sounds like a scary place. :icon_eek:
I found them at the Sunday fleamarket attached to a bunch of 500K pots that were yanked out of something but they are real Bulgin knobs made in England so maybe a search on the net might reveal some more clues as to where there may be more. BTW my friend Dennis Kayser just bought that pedal so I will brew up another with some sweet transistors from Mr. G'mint Lackey. Thank you Greg! ;)
And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

Galego

These pens resist the etchant just fine...

Taylor

Quote from: phector2004 on September 29, 2010, 10:26:37 AM

Why do I always picture you as being this guy  :P

Well, you know how the internet goes: it's about looking tougher than you really are. I only wish I looked like Lee Van Cleef. In reality, I get told I look like somebody called "Edward from Twilight", about every other day, by grocery clerks, door-to-door evangelizers, and my GF's friends. But I'd prefer to be a grizzled old weirdo.