John Lyons

Here's a pic of Taylor.  ::)

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

dune2k

Quote from: I like Grunge on September 29, 2010, 04:01:42 PM
Quote from: tuckster on September 29, 2010, 03:45:34 PM
Quote from: Skruffyhound on September 29, 2010, 03:20:09 PM
If you can paint them with a CD marker you can always etch them later  :icon_mrgreen:

CD marker resists acid.

May I disagree with you? ;D  I tried it with two different CD markers that won't resist the bad bad etchant. Let's say the right cd marker resists acid.

Let's say, i didn't use the right CD marker :D 1€ for 5 of them from the 1€-Store  :icon_mrgreen: You can remove the paint with a normal rubber, so....

Little question, doea anybody got a good Stripboard oder perfboard layout for a RAT? Unfortunaly I'm not able to etch circuit boards, so i mostly use Stripboards or Perfboards. Does anybody know a good one? I don't want to order a BYOC Kit, the bill would be very high, so no BYOC.

You got a PN.

Galego

Quote from: John Lyons on September 29, 2010, 05:14:19 PM
Here's a pic of Taylor.  ::)

Coming from a grizzled old'ish' weirdo (something akin to Ming the Merciless with an accent like The Beatles) I'd prefer to look like Edward Cullen !! The Ming/Beatles combo often confuses people when I travel. This is a constant source of amusement to my better half, although she can sense it's starting to wear a little thin with my good self.

dune2k

Quote from: Galego on September 29, 2010, 06:31:35 PM
Quote from: dune2k on September 29, 2010, 05:48:52 PM
You got a PN.

A private nessage?

Bad habbit comming from German boards (PN = Private Nachricht = Private Message). Anyway, he'll get it (esp. since he's German too ;)).

eniacmike

tonepad ts808

tonepad bluebox

eniacmike

AMZ MOSFET BOOSTER. I decided not to use the on board millenium bypass hence the missing transistor and empty holes.

This is the 3rd board I have etched, but the first etched board that made it into a pedal.

tuckster

Quote from: Galego on September 29, 2010, 04:56:35 PM

These pens resist the etchant just fine...

I used a red Staedtler to fix a faulty picture on an enclosuer before I extched it with fe3cl but maybe fe3cl is way too aggressive.
  • SUPPORTER

deadastronaut

guys i tried using letraset rub on letters on an old enclosure, i  etched it  just out of curiosity and it worked perfectly...very detailed too..
and it didnt come off either....very cheap as well.....for a reverse etch of course!!!!!...
as long as your patient and line each letter up well it looks excellent... :icon_cool:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

markeebee

@eniacmike - your builds have become very classy, very quickly.  Inspirational.  Also, seems like you make about five pedals every day  :icon_eek:

Re Taylor's pic....awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, that's really spoiled it.  I always saw him as:

Pigyboy

Quote from: markeebee on September 30, 2010, 07:11:19 AM
@eniacmike - your builds have become very classy, very quickly.  Inspirational.  Also, seems like you make about five pedals every day  :icon_eek:

What do you expect? He's a drummer!
Cheers
And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

Slade

I don't know.. I still prefer my cheap Canon LBP 3000 for my etchings! :P

Waterbird - Chorus and Delay
Boss CE2 clone and Flashback Delay.

Here's a sample of the CE2 only with my Thermionique:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3565959/Thermionique%20%2B%20CE2.mp3

Regards,
Fernando.-

jkokura

Beautiful Slade. I really enjoy that one.

Jacob

deadastronaut

heres a one knob dr boogie with chorus/ delay / phaser / tremolo/flanger/and of course the mandatory fuzz...
couldnt fit the treble booster in it though!..
still its better than slades..ha ha ha....only joking slade...nice work as usual... :icon_mrgreen:

ok seriously its a simple ruby-esque clean amp for a mate...so he can use any speaker he likes...  :icon_twisted:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

markeebee

@Slade

Your stuff is always so beautifully imagined and executed, where does it all come from?  What I mean is, have you trained/studied as an engineer?  Or an artist of some kind?  Or are you one of those really annoying guys who are JUST GOOD AT THINGS???

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Slade

Quote from: markeebee on September 30, 2010, 12:34:59 PM
@Slade

Your stuff is always so beautifully imagined and executed, where does it all come from?  What I mean is, have you trained/studied as an engineer?  Or an artist of some kind?  Or are you one of those really annoying guys who are JUST GOOD AT THINGS???

Sorry if this has been asked before.
:icon_biggrin:
I think I'm part of all of that!
I studied engineering,  I have artist soul as almost everybody here and, of corse, I'm a really annoying guy!! I'm not "good at anything" though.. :icon_lol:

sst4270

@Eniacmike
I totally get the "fuzz in the rain" motif.
I remember when "In Through the Out Door" came out with that brown wrapper with multiple album covers underneath! As recall it was the same scene shot from different angles.
Nice.

Regards,

Steve

jkokura

Too often I forget to take pics of my builds. I didn't forget this time. This is a CE-2 Clone from Madbean's wonderful Pork Barrel project.

Glamour Shot.

And the Guts. No true Guts shot cause the solder side of the board covers everything up. I wired in the pots and switches first, then began the job of soldering it all to the board, then I ran the power and ground, in and out of the board, then I finished wiring in the input and output jacks.

Componant side.

Because the Trim pot would have been impossible to reach, I rigged up a little method to have the Trim pot off the board and usable.

Jacob

Slade

Quote from: jkokura on September 30, 2010, 05:08:15 PM
This is a CE-2 Clone from Madbean's wonderful Pork Barrel project.
What a coincidence to post two CE2s the same day! :icon_biggrin:
I thought I was drunk when looking at yours :icon_razz:

eniacmike

Quote from: markeebee on September 30, 2010, 07:11:19 AM

This was the first pedal I made. Father's day 2010 june 20. so it's been a little more than 3 months. it's an lpb-1.

I don't know about 5 pedals a day maybe five a week. It is pretty much all I do now when I am not playing.