News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

Quote from: markeebee on September 30, 2010, 07:11:19 AM

Re Taylor's pic....awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, that's really spoiled it.  I always saw him as:

To be realistic, I think I probably look like something right in between the nerd and the vampire. The funniest thing was when a guy woke me up on Saturday morning to convince me to join his religious sect. I was looking forward to a good debate, but all he could think of when I answered the door was "you... look like Edward!"

Is there a "post your real face picture" thread here? It would be interesting to see what we all really look like.

frank_p

Quote from: Taylor on September 30, 2010, 09:35:06 PM
Is there a "post your real face picture" thread here? It would be interesting to see what we all really look like.

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=53766.0

jefe

Quote from: eniacmike on September 30, 2010, 09:21:30 PM
Quote from: markeebee on September 30, 2010, 07:11:19 AM
@eniacmike - your builds have become very classy, very quickly.  Inspirational.  Also, seems like you make about five pedals every day  :icon_eek:

This was the first pedal I made. Father's day 2010 june 20. so it's been a little more than 3 months. it's an lpb-1.

I don't know about 5 pedals a day maybe five a week. It is pretty much all I do now when I am not playing.

Amazing. I've been at this for 2 or 3 years, and I've only had time to complete about five pedals.

I'm just curious, how do you find the time? Do you have a job?

edit: Very nice work too, not just some crap thrown together! Impressive!

ghostsauce

5 a week?! man.. I've got my wife doing all the soldering now, so maybe I can catch up. She wanted to try it and now she loves it, so I get her to do all of it now cause she is WAY neater than me. :P

Heh, I think that at 5 a week I'd very soon run out of pedals that interest me :/

sixstringphil

I just finished listing these for sale and realized I never posted these in the pics thread.

Mosrite Fuzzrite

Barber LTD Silver

Pigyboy

Quote from: sixstringphil on October 02, 2010, 01:44:02 AM
I just finished listing these for sale and realized I never posted these in the pics thread.

Mosrite Fuzzrite

Barber LTD Silver

Nice work Phil. What transistors are in the Mosrite?
And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

Pigyboy

Quote from: frank_p on September 30, 2010, 09:39:42 PM

- FANG

sixstringphil

Quote from: Pigyboy on October 02, 2010, 04:24:17 AM
Nice work Phil. What transistors are in the Mosrite?
Pictured are a couple of 2n2219's, but now it has some lower gain 2n2222's
Thanks!

frequencycentral

http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

davent

From some time ago  there is Your ugly mugshot ... thread. http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=53766.0

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

Skruffyhound

I just read that thread, Frank P also slipped it in a bit further up  :icon_eek:. Makes you realize what a turnover there is around here, a lot of those guys I only know from old posts and there's a load of new active posters these days ( er .. like me) and it's only a couple of years old.
Wonder what the average time is to build all the effects you want and move on to synths/amps self-employment or whatever people do that means they don't hang out here so often?

jkokura

Took some time to actually take some more pictures, here's one I haven't posted though I built it ages ago.

There's a serious blem on the finish, you can see it on the right, and I'm pretty sure I messed up the actual tap tempo multiplier options, but I know how it works and this one is for me so...

And the Guts

My 1790NS Pedal Board is almost complete. I just have to build the Forum vibe, and I should be good to go. I was thinking about building a Ross Compressor and an Echo Plex Preamp into a 1790NS, but I can easily fit it into a 1590BB so I'm not sure if I'll build anymore 1790NS's in the near future. I built a KOT clone, an Echobase from Taylor's PCB, and this Tap Tempo Trem. I figure with a univibe clone I should be good to go for pretty much any gig I can think of. The only other pedal I'd really want is a longer Digitial Delay with tap tempo, which might need a 1790NS to house it properly, and perhaps a Comp and Booster, but I can do with just the 4.

Jacob

davent

Quote from: Skruffyhound on October 02, 2010, 02:29:12 PM
I just read that thread, Frank P also slipped it in a bit further up  :icon_eek:. Makes you realize what a turnover there is around here, a lot of those guys I only know from old posts and there's a load of new active posters these days ( er .. like me) and it's only a couple of years old.
Wonder what the average time is to build all the effects you want and move on to synths/amps self-employment or whatever people do that means they don't hang out here so often?

Ooops,  i knew that thread was out there but it took so long to figure out a search term that finally found me that thread, Frank's post slipped right by me!

Take care!
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

Pigyboy

- FANG

jkokura

I like that Box of Rock quite a bit. Any plans on finishing the 308?

Rick, as always, I love your amps. I only wish I were rich enough to just buy one from you.

Jacob

Barcode80

Revolving Door (Little Angel) Chorus:

I like Grunge

@Barcode80:
looks very nice. But why didn't you put it into a smaller enclosure? I think this big one takes too much place on the pedalboard...

Barcode80

well, there were a few reasons. First, I wanted room for any mods that we might develop in the Little Angel thread. Second, I may want to add the taptation tap tempo kit into it. Third, It made it WAY easier to get good clean wiring. Finally, I have 25 BB sized enclosures and nothing smaller :)

EDIT: oh yeah, and i forgot to mention that I originally planned for a battery backup just below the switch, which is another reason I wanted more room.

Cap

Hi all!!

Lastest: BSIAB2 from gaussmarkov with my own layout. I'm still planning the finishing

Ric