News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasonsmusicgear

Quote from: jkokura on October 11, 2010, 01:06:13 AM
Could you give us a little bit more details about the lead loop and the tap tempo? What does the tap tempo control? What delay circuit are you using?
The lead loop includes the TS808 on the top right and the PT80 delay.  The tap tempo is the PTAP tap tempo kit from DECC, it controls the PT80.  Unfortunately it looks like DECC is no longer selling this kit, it works great for me and I was hoping to get one or two more of them. 

Quote from: Ripdivot on October 10, 2010, 10:58:59 PM
Great job. Is it possible to sub in different effects in the future or are they all on the one PCB?
All the effects except for the Condor Cab Simulator are on one PCB.  If I want to change things around I will have to do a lot of manual rewiring.

Thanks for the compliments guys
Jason

a soBer Newt

Quote from: Galego on October 11, 2010, 08:19:38 AM
Quote from: a soBer Newt on October 11, 2010, 12:59:54 AM

Fuzzy Factory by asobernewt, on Flickr

What are the components mounted on? That doesn't look like a regular circuit board...

Its basswood/balsa I cant remember which I used, It works well in this application

Skruffyhound

I'm not using perf much these days, but this is the Clari I made, back when that thread was young. I found normal solid core hook up wire worked fine. I was happy with it at the time, now I think I could do better  :icon_rolleyes:...... obsess, obsess, obsess ....

Like that balsa wood, I would never have thought of that.

John Lyons

One thinking to keep in mind is that wood absorbs water vapor/humidity and therefore will have
some capacitance/resistance when "wet". May not be a problem in the desert but in the jungle....

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

plugzzzz

guts

Taylor

Quote from: John Lyons on October 11, 2010, 06:55:02 PM
One thinking to keep in mind is that wood absorbs water vapor/humidity and therefore will have
some capacitance/resistance when "wet". May not be a problem in the desert but in the jungle....

I agree, a wood board is cool, but could very easily cause serious problems. a sober newt is in California, which I guess is not extremely humid(?), but I bet if I tried that here in New Orleans, I would be having issues right away. I believe early amps were sometimes built on wood boards, but this was stopped for precisely this reason.

Toney

So a blast of paint?
I guess pretty much anything waterproof would do. Problem solved/crisis over.  ;D

Taylor

Yeah, you're probably right. But it kind of makes the whole wooden board thing less interesting...

Barcode80

then a coat of poly. keep the wood look, and no moisture issue.

liquids

Quote from: plugzzzz on October 11, 2010, 10:58:51 PM

So cool!  Glad to see someone is not afraid of knobs or using the big boxes - mad science!  The spongebob thing is hysterical - already made my day  :)
Breadboard it!

liquids

Quote from: Skruffyhound on October 11, 2010, 03:17:32 PM

Very nice work!  I can't do that, but I greatly admire it!  I consider my perfing the 'ADD' mans version of what you and Rick have going on.  :)
Breadboard it!

gena_p1

Signal looper. Mix clean with fx loop. Even/odd switch.

yet another rat

timmy

another kran dist max

fqzz factory

several big and small things :) (big muff, timmy, fuzz face, FET booster )

Pigyboy

Nice boxes! Gut Shots?
And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

Cap

@gena_p1
Nice!!!
I love the graphics!! especially kran and fuzz factory
Did you use waterslide decals??

gena_p1

Oh, no, we tried everything, decals, transparent film, etching.
so this is best way - laser engraving, good quality and not too expensive.

jefe

Quote from: liquids on October 12, 2010, 05:53:30 AM
So cool!  Glad to see someone is not afraid of knobs or using the big boxes - mad science!  The spongebob thing is hysterical - already made my day  :)

+1, very cool, plugzzzz!! I especially like the big brown box with the analog gage, and I'm really curious as to what it does. I also love the spongebob pedal, I've been wanting to make some kind of big pink Patrick box, lol..

(and what's up Matt? Long time no see!)

Pigyboy

Quote from: gena_p1 on October 12, 2010, 07:27:10 AM
Oh, no, we tried everything, decals, transparent film, etching.
so this is best way - laser engraving, good quality and not too expensive.
Laser engraving? Tell us more and how about those gut shots ;D ;D
And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

gena_p1

Just make black and white picture in vector editor (corel draw like) and go to nearby hypermarket.
Laser engraving machine costs about $120'000 , so this is not for home use :)

~arph

Well, they go for $1000 on ebay too.. still
No hypermarket near me though..

Güero

Curing the infection one bullet at a time.