News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I like Grunge

@kupfer_mThis one's killer. I don't like that tone generating mashines but i love the look of yours  :icon_mrgreen:

Galego

Quote from: G. Hoffman on October 14, 2010, 04:36:41 AM
What was the LFO?  Is that Electric Druid's tap LFO, or did you come up with something else?

Gabriel

Quote from: ca cat on October 14, 2010, 05:39:21 AM
What tap tempo controler do you use? Taptation?

It's neither. It's the same Pic chip as Electric Druid's TAP LFO, and that's what i started with, but ended up doing it all from scratch. It's my own programming, it uses a PIC 16F684, a MCP41100 digital potentiometer for the delay time, and the PWM output works like the Echo Base, it goes to a transistor that slightly changes delay time to modulate the repeats.

It has 4 modes that are cycled through with the 'function' push button:
- Tempo Speed
- Multiplier (1/1, 1/2, 1/3, 1/4)
- Mod Speed
- Mod Depth

The PWM outputs a sine wave, not a triangle like the Echo Base (i think).

Each of these modes is then set with a rotary encoder. Once you reach the upper or lower limits, the tempo led flashes longer to let you know you're not going any higher/lower.

When you set everything, you can use modes 3/4 to save to preset 1/2, and after you have them saved, you can load them in mode 1/2, this by pressing the 'preset' push button.

There's also the tap tempo footswitch, that one is obvious.

I ordered some new rotary encoders with switch, those will allow me to get rid of the 'function' button, you set the value by rotating the knob and change 'function' by pressing down on it.

Here's a demo from when it was still on the breadboard:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAp9nKNCuQs

sst4270

@Kupfer
I love the artwork on that WSG. Very nice. Can we see a gutshot?

-Steve

tasos

at the top that is a bass fuzz and down there is a double pedal....booster and distortion...mounted in tapers! :icon_razz: ;D

eniacmike

viking drive. madbean's serendipity board. I tried to go really clean with the wiring the cool part about the plated through hole construction on the pcb was that I was able to run some of the wires underneath the pcb

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: eniacmike on October 14, 2010, 10:15:01 PM

viking drive. madbean's serendipity board. I tried to go really clean with the wiring the cool part about the plated through hole construction on the pcb was that I was able to run some of the wires underneath the pcb

Looks GREAT but.... shouldn't your Viking be pointing in the other direction. Input to Output  :icon_rolleyes:
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

ghostsauce

He's a viking.  He doesn't have to do stuff the way people tell him, he'll just kill anything that moves.  :P  Great build though, looks really nice. Inside and out!

Pigyboy

Little Angel Chorus in  a 1590A

And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Pigyboy on October 15, 2010, 09:05:28 AM
Little Angel Chorus in  a 1590A

Awesome build! Looking forward to getting my 1590A Lil' Angel built!  :D
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America

deadastronaut

yeah nice...gotta try a 1590a one day...when i get better glasses though!... :icon_eek:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Slade

Quote from: Pigyboy on October 15, 2010, 09:05:28 AM
Little Angel Chorus in  a 1590A

Lovely design, the lettering makes me think of a church candle.. that's good being a little angel's enclosure :icon_razz:
Congrats.

Slade

What's up guys? The thread is going to slow...

Here are 2 bananas from me...

Fernando.-

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Slade on October 16, 2010, 07:15:24 PM
What's up guys? The thread is going to slow...

Here are 2 bananas from me...

Fernando.-

Beautiful as always Slade. Any gut shots?

Pigyboy

Beautiful work Slade.
What is the Banana Fuzz?
Thanks for the nice words about the Little Angel too!
Chris
                                                            - FANG

Pigyboy

Booster and Chorus in 1590A's
                                                            - FANG

frequencycentral

Well I finally found time to build my Little Angel. Despite being the designer, dozens of people beat me to the build. A few firsts for me here: first etch, first 1590A build. Turned out nice again!

http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

Pigyboy

It is a challenge to pack it all in the tiny boxes for sure. I see what jacks you used now. Looks great for a first etch too. I am not even going to try it!
                                                            - FANG

lazerphea

Last build! :)

Still there are some imprecisions... but practice makes perfect! ;)

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: lazerphea on October 17, 2010, 10:33:43 AM
Last build! :)

Still there are some imprecisions... but practice makes perfect! ;)

Beautiful build. Can you share with us the method you used to apply the graphics? Did you use waterslides?

eniacmike

dr. boogie!
The paint is Rustoleum Colorshift purple.. really cool paint, kind of pricey but it looks awesome. It is really hard to take a picture that captures the effect but the color shift depending on the angle of the light from purple/blue/black/teal. I used chrome domes knobs and it weights a TON!

I used madbean's chunk chunk layout/pcb.