News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StereoKills

Quote from: Hides-His-Eyes on November 07, 2010, 07:07:57 PM
There are some 'vintage' features that to me were changed with good reason...

I'd just end up with the damn thing upside down! Or I'd end up tripping over my bloody cable.

An EE buddy of mine said that many items become "vintage" because we found a better way to accomplish said task.
"Sometimes it takes a thousand notes to make one sound"

diydave

Nothing to fancy. An easy face with a 2n3906 and an ac128 in positive ground configuration. With thx to frequency central for the tut about using 'transparency film'.

Still, my first 'real' shot on a pro look.

lazerphea

My latest build: a DOD 280 opical compressor:

...and the guts (no, I didn't improve that much when it comes to wiring! :P)

Mugshot

a rather simple distortion circuit i came up with. sorry for the camphone pics  ;D

and the guts:

i am what i am, so are you.

blooze_man

Big Muff, Trotsky Drive, Little Angel, Valvecaster, Whisker Biscuit, Smash Drive, Green Ringer, Fuzz Face, Rangemaster, LPB1, Bazz Fuss/Buzz Box, Radioshack Fuzz, Blue Box, Fuzzrite, Tonepad Wah, EH Pulsar, NPN Tonebender, Torn's Peaker...

Slade

Quote from: blooze_man on November 08, 2010, 10:18:02 PM
Nice guts.  :)
+1
That's the good thing of design and make own layouts. Great work, Mugshot.

lazerphea that compressor has a fantastic look, love the knobs :icon_smile:

Pigyboy

Quote from: peps1 on November 07, 2010, 05:29:36 PM
OC44 Rangemaster boxed up

BC108C Fuzz Face on Iss2 Clone PCB and half finished Rangemaster on Tag Strip 

Hi Peps,
Looks great!
Have you built one of the AceTone FM2's yet?
I have mine together but cannot find a good combination of transistors. Would like to see how you come along with it. Love the vintage boards BTW.
Chris
And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

Mugshot

Quote from: Slade on November 08, 2010, 10:33:49 PM
+1
That's the good thing of design and make own layouts. Great work, Mugshot.

thanks heaps guys! i have always looked up to doing my own to make wiring neat as much as possible.  ;) im a big fan of clean work; it tells how much dedicated the builders are, and it becomes the biggest inspiration for me  :icon_wink:
i am what i am, so are you.

PiedmontAudio

First build, Modded TS and a LPB.

Slade

First build, ah? Yeah, sure.

:P

eniacmike

madbean's pork barrel pcb.

one of these days I will use all the same brand of caps. I think I got caps from radio shack, epo (local electronics store), small bear, mouser, and fry's.

phector2004

eniacmike, you're an
assembly line!!!!!!

keep pumping 'em out, keep up the good work  ;D

FunkyGibbon

Quote from: lazerphea on November 08, 2010, 04:59:04 PM
My latest build: a DOD 280 opical compressor:

You beat me to it. This one hasn't been built yet. I'm studying, so it's been waiting for attention for a long time:

Yours looks great.

Christopher

kurtlives

Quote from: phector2004 on November 10, 2010, 12:00:49 AM
eniacmike, you're an
assembly line!!!!!!

keep pumping 'em out, keep up the good work  ;D
No kidding!

Got hook ups with Madbean huh.
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

lazerphea

Quote from: FunkyGibbon on November 10, 2010, 12:57:38 AM

You beat me to it. This one hasn't been built yet. I'm studying, so it's been waiting for attention for a long time:

Yours looks great.

Christopher

Oops! :) Well, your stomp seems a little more complex than a dod 280... very nice idea!

frequencycentral

Quote from: eniacmike on November 09, 2010, 10:53:09 PM

one of these days I will use all the same brand of caps. I think I got caps from radio shack, epo (local electronics store), small bear, mouser, and fry's.

Great looking build! How are you finding the extra functions on the toggle switches? Worthwhile mods or feature creep?
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

eniacmike

Quote from: frequencycentral on November 10, 2010, 01:16:45 PM
Quote from: eniacmike on November 09, 2010, 10:53:09 PM

Great looking build! How are you finding the extra functions on the toggle switches? Worthwhile mods or feature creep?

WOW! Thanks I LOVE your builds so that means alot to me.

The WET mod is great probably so great it should just be on all the time. The only reason you wouldn't want it on is if you were trying to stay pure to the ce-2 specs. wet mod adds a 22nF cap in parallel with the 12nF cap that I think is the output cap on the effected chorus signal going back out to the mixer.

The Vibrato is ok. The vibe signal does seem a weak (volume drop, but maybe it's just the chorus is FULLER) and the range of the depth/rate can make it sound cartoonish but if you dial down the rate and depth it does sound really cool. Especially neck pickup  through a dirty amp with some jazzy chords you can ape a cool organ sound. I did have fun playing some halloween tunes with fast vibrato on but I doubt it would be useful. I was hoping to do a kind of soundgarden thing but I can't find the sound probably really need a phaser or a leslie. I know brian was talking about working up a maestro stage phaser pcb and that sounds awesome. I have a phase 90 and it really just does one thing.

The deep mod is the most valuable mod I actually leave the deep mod on most of the time and the depth mod pretty much picks up at max depth and goes even deeper, but it is nice to put it back to stock for more subtler chorus.

peps1

DOD 250 Grey on clone PCB.

Steve Mavronis

Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

eniacmike

assembly line moving right along

5 knob fuzz face
q2 is probably too high this pedal is FREAKING LOUD. I had it barely turned above off and it was rattling my head. Might switch it out or switch the pot to a 5ka to get a better sweep on it.
hfe's are 86 and 157 for q1 and q2

extra credit to the first person who can identify where the graphic is from.

I ran out of 1900h knobs so these will do, but I ordered some grey 1900's from small bear today.