Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

earthtonesaudio

g.

silicon fuzz, bc109.

Slade

That's a nice looking build, G., I like the symbol you use. What's the meaning of that name?

g.

Thanks Slade !

the name is breton, and means "explosing digitales" which means "i'm doing nothing"

John Lyons

Yes, that is nice!. I like the knob and the recessed screw heads.
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

jkokura

Yeah, and the graphics on that are super clean, with a little bit of complexity that adds a great focal point. I enjoy how the knob seems to seamlessly blend into the pedal. At least in that picture, it's a really great looking way to put together a pedal! Also, I really like the LED and Bezel, really looks like it's flat on top and I like that. Is that a 1590B or is it smaller? Seems shorter to me.

Congrats G., it's one of the best I've seen in a while!

Jacob

Kearns892

Todays work... so far...
Cleaned and finished this one up. Peppermill, been "almost done" for too long now. I really like the sound, my guitar is just too low output to get it to drive very much without a boost in front.

Guts:

Built a second Hot Silicon Fuzz. Don't know why we don't see more of these. Great sounding fuzz and distortion. Only problem is a little noise at highest gains. Anyone else have this problem?

Guts:

g.

Quote from: John Lyons on November 22, 2010, 02:10:17 PM

Yes, that is nice!. I like the knob and the recessed screw heads.

Quote from: jkokura on November 22, 2010, 03:41:35 PM
Congrats G., it's one of the best I've seen in a while!

Also, I really like the LED and Bezel, really looks like it's flat on top and I like that. Is that a 1590B or is it smaller? Seems shorter to me.

Thank you guys !
this is not a led, this is a 12V white bulb lamp. (found a lot of them cheap in france)

azrael

Quote from: Kearns892 on November 22, 2010, 04:46:19 PM
Built a second Hot Silicon Fuzz. Don't know why we don't see more of these. Great sounding fuzz and distortion. Only problem is a little noise at highest gains. Anyone else have this problem?
I used to use one, great circuit.

Try shielded wire for the ins and outs to reduce noise. :D

Al Heeley

Took me a while to finish this one but here is the final result.
My modded tubescreamer + mosfet boost pedal.
We have a shocking gutshot of the soft underbelly revealing just how disorganised my wiring is. The Mosfet boost circuit vero can be seen peeking out on the left of the tubescreamer board.
The tubescreamer has the 1meg gain pot that the Keeley mod uses, to extend range of available overdrive. We have selectable toggle switches for 2 different diode clipping stages - standard Si or LED clipping which gives a louder harsher distortion. We have a toggle switch for the AMZ 'Phat Boost' mod which switches in a larger value input cap to allow big fat slugs of bass through, this makes the pedal suitable for use as a bass guitar overdrive/distortion too. The 2 toggle switches each have a red/yellow bicolor LEd to show the status.
Mosfet boost switches in an extra 10 or 12db of boost after the tubescreamer to act as a solo boost and really crank up the input of a valve preamp. All in all a fiddly build but a pleasing end result.

deadastronaut

stop smoking!..... ha ha...great i like that a lot.. :icon_twisted:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

tuckster

Quote from: metalero30 on November 17, 2010, 02:50:20 PMlast creation
ultima creacion
footswitch fsx3 del looper digitech jamman hecho para ozzymerecure

I built mine today. Yours is so awesome :icon_eek: I love the knobs!

Lazy ass gentlemen let me introduce you the worlds first stompbox with a sock in it :D
It's plain ugly so why not put a sock in it :icon_eek:

Obviously not the whole sock, my socks are to large... I wanted to reduce the enormous loud pop the switches cause in this metal sheet box.... :icon_lol: doesn't work..... :icon_rolleyes:
  • SUPPORTER

arma61

Quote from: tuckster on November 23, 2010, 02:53:15 PM

Obviously not the whole sock, my socks are to large... I wanted to reduce the enormous loud pop the switches cause in this metal sheet box.... :icon_lol: doesn't work..... :icon_rolleyes:

I tried this one in a thin sheet meta box....put some piece of bottle's cork between bottom of the switch and the box, it should act like a sort of bumber also for pop!

"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

tuckster

Ok I will try that. Thank you! :icon_razz:
  • SUPPORTER

a soBer Newt

John Lyons

That's a nice poorman's perf/strip board there.
Seriously, I like it.
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Taylor

Poor man's perf? That there is surface mount technology - the wave of the future.  :icon_cool:

Strategy

A friend of mine did all his early synth modules that way- like clones of buchla modules and such. Totally "poor man's surface mount!"

I did that once for Atari punk console project early in my diy efforts. it was not so bad! It worked and it's never failed yet!

Strategy

Quote from: Taylor on November 24, 2010, 02:13:11 AM
Poor man's perf? That there is surface mount technology - the wave of the future.  :icon_cool:
-----------------------------------------------------
www.strategymusic.com
www.community-library.net
https://soundcloud.com/strategydickow
https://twitter.com/STRATEGY_PaulD

deadastronaut

yeah that mammoth is cool....in a strange retro ,but somehow futuristic bizzare smd needs must type way...love it. :icon_twisted:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

mikemaddux

Quote from: a soBer Newt on November 24, 2010, 12:55:54 AM
Mammoth Fuzz

Looks like a funky Hershey's Chocolate Bar......I like it
Completed Builds: A lot...