SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigyboy

Quote from: I like Grunge on November 29, 2010, 10:47:29 AM
@ Pigboy:

really nice, but the knob should have a marking in my opinion. Otherwise Min and Max markings are not making sense...
Thanks fro reminding me ;D
And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

ayayay!

Quote from: jefe on November 29, 2010, 07:34:45 AM
Quote from: jkokura on November 27, 2010, 12:53:03 AM
That enclosure does look pretty! Ruined by the awful knobs, but that green sparkles nicely! Also, great spot for a pic, in that cool old tree.

Jacob

What's so awful about those knobs?

???

The fact that he doesn't like them makes them awful, can't you tell? 

I love the care, attention to detail and great builds in these halls, but for crying out loud let's not go all Perez Hilton on the Miss America pageant with the criticisms. 
The people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

bean

Today's effort. It's based on the preamp section of a Dr.Z Carmen Ghia, with a few mods added in. Big fat juicy boost!

Nikolay

Finaly I finish this custom remote controlled footcontroller:

And what's inside:)

And this is the footcontroller:

There is nothing special here: relays, buttons, I put 5 DC outputs for the pedals, blue leds ;)

Niki

Cap

My first post in Pictures thread, hope you like :)

GGG's PT80 squeezed in a 1590B enclosure and sparkling(?) petroleum green finish. I think the colour is similar to carbon copy...no graphycs yet but i'm planning silkscreening...

Cheers ;)
ciao!

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Cap on November 30, 2010, 08:42:46 AM
My first post in Pictures thread, hope you like :)

GGG's PT80 squeezed in a 1590B enclosure and sparkling(?) petroleum green finish. I think the colour is similar to carbon copy...no graphycs yet but i'm planning silkscreening...

Cheers ;)
ciao!

You squeezed the PT80 layout into a 1590B!!!! :o  :o  :o

Fantastic work!  ;D
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

deadastronaut

yeah nice green too,...squeeze em in.... :icon_mrgreen:

i never fail to get a buzz from seeing all these great creations by so many people ,from all countries,
and all walks of life,...its nice to see different styles  too........excellent... :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

ayayay!

Fantastic job Riccardo!  I like how you made the resistors squeeze in there even though you had to use the big box caps.  Very nice
The people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Slade

Quote from: Nikolay on November 30, 2010, 03:27:35 AM
Finaly I finish this custom remote controlled footcontroller:

Niki
Amazing, Nikolay, I love your work, so classy and clean. This one looks beautiful.
Cheers!

Cap

Thank you all guys :)

Nikolay

Thanks Slade, I love your work too :) Your final fuzz looks great too man :)
Cheers !

ayayay!

Quote from: bean on November 29, 2010, 03:29:09 PM
Today's effort. It's based on the preamp section of a Dr.Z Carmen Ghia, with a few mods added in. Big fat juicy boost!

Ooooh!  Schem pwetty pwease? 

bean

Quote from: ayayay! on November 30, 2010, 05:06:57 PM

Thanks! I just posted the entire project on my site. Here's a shortcut: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/RumpRoast/docs/RumpRoast_ver.1.pdf

jkokura

Quote from: ayayay! on November 29, 2010, 03:01:32 PM
Quote from: jefe on November 29, 2010, 07:34:45 AM
Quote from: jkokura on November 27, 2010, 12:53:03 AM
That enclosure does look pretty! Ruined by the awful knobs, but that green sparkles nicely! Also, great spot for a pic, in that cool old tree.

Jacob

What's so awful about those knobs?

???

The fact that he doesn't like them makes them awful, can't you tell? 

I love the care, attention to detail and great builds in these halls, but for crying out loud let's not go all Perez Hilton on the Miss America pageant with the criticisms. 

Grin...

Close. I think the knobs are awful because they're the generic knobs that come with the kits available - they're cheap and plentiful, but not particularly attractive looking. Functional, but not particularly fantastic.

I was somewhat kidding, but I realize that sometimes I can come across like a jerk when I type, sorry if I offended. I still feel the same about the knobs, but I'm sure other people don't find them to be bad at all!

Jacob

Unkn0wn Art1st

Another poor man's stuff

This is my Thunderchief. Looks awful, but it's quite strong, and works ok.
Free space reserved for some treble booster, preferably JFET-based. But I can't find any useful schematics :o

bean

Dude....that's hard core.

ayayay!

Quote from: bean on November 30, 2010, 05:13:31 PM
Quote from: ayayay! on November 30, 2010, 05:06:57 PM

Thanks! I just posted the entire project on my site. Here's a shortcut: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/RumpRoast/docs/RumpRoast_ver.1.pdf

Many thanks!  Great notes on "pedalizing" (great term there...) as well.  That thing looks like it's got my Christmas break written all over it.  :)  How does it sound?  And did you happen to try an input cap?  (Just curious.  I'm guessing the pedals pretty bright.)

bean

Quote from: ayayay! on December 01, 2010, 09:46:04 AM
Many thanks!  Great notes on "pedalizing" (great term there...) as well.  That thing looks like it's got my Christmas break written all over it.  :)  How does it sound?  And did you happen to try an input cap?  (Just curious.  I'm guessing the pedals pretty bright.)

It sounds fantastic. Even plugged into my AC4 it just makes it huge sounding. It is bright, but the mods I did tame it a lot. Input cap isn't necessary (esp. since there is tone shaping already) but you certainly could experiment with using a cap to shape the input before boost.

I'll have some sound samples on the site in a few days.

John Lyons

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Ronsonic

The gut shots would be boring if I had any  :) Maybe later. Nothing to see but the bottoms of the PCBs.

This is the Diesel Drive Buffer. Buffered Tuner Out, Buffered Loop for FX and Buffered Out to the amp. The FX and Amp out Buffers are line driver opamps. Serious specs and great transparency without that nasty brittle thing that too many buffers add.

An internal jumper selects the footswitch function, either Mute or FX Bypass. How cool is that.

http://ronbalesfx.blogspot.com
My Blog of FX, Gear and Amp Services and DIY Info