SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Mavronis

Quote from: lazerphea on December 10, 2010, 06:31:32 PM
Here's my BSIAB II:

Excellent! I love the coffee theme and your labeling. A very good looking pedal :)
Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

arma61

Hi all!
Here's my BSIAB II:

I hope to become as good as Slade, in this life or in the next one! :)

WOW, love the "3D" look of the labels, it deserve another appearance on a page's top !  ;)

BTW for me short, black and half spoon of sugar, thx  :D  :D

"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

the3secondrule

My first pics post - an assortment of stuff that I have built. going for a sorta minimal/industrial aesthetic here  ;D

clockwise from top left:

Ce2 clone; Ge fuzzface, hardwired to max gain, with switchable fat/thin input caps; woolly mammoth; faultline (SFT clone); fuzzfactory, mosfet boost; green ringer w/ filter mod;  "bikini wax" (rams head big muff sans tonestack) from the layout at FSB; madbean aquaboy delay (DM2) with modulation; 4ms phaseur fleur; prunes n custard; noise swash
"Rock music is mostly about moving big black boxes from one side of town to the other in the back of your car."

Slade

Quote from: arma61 on December 11, 2010, 02:22:06 AM
Hi all!
Here's my BSIAB II:

I hope to become as good as Slade, in this life or in the next one! :)

WOW, love the "3D" look of the labels, it deserve another appearance on a page's top !  ;)

BTW for me short, black and half spoon of sugar, thx  :D  :D

5 spoon of sugar for me!  ;D
Really nice work, Lazerphea, that came out perfectly.

ayayay!

Quote from: the3secondrule on December 11, 2010, 09:56:28 AM
My first pics post - an assortment of stuff that I have built. going for a sorta minimal/industrial aesthetic here  ;D

clockwise from top left:

Ce2 clone; Ge fuzzface, hardwired to max gain, with switchable fat/thin input caps; woolly mammoth; faultline (SFT clone); fuzzfactory, mosfet boost; green ringer w/ filter mod;  "bikini wax" (rams head big muff sans tonestack) from the layout at FSB; madbean aquaboy delay (DM2) with modulation; 4ms phaseur fleur; prunes n custard; noise swash

More power to ya mate.  Hey, if it works for Pete Cornish...
The people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

CynicalMan

Quote from: the3secondrule on December 11, 2010, 09:56:28 AM

clockwise from top left:

Wow. For some weird reason I really really like the look of those. Nice job.

maori

tiges_ tendres

Building a Woolly Mammoth!

Interior

Exterior

Powder Coating

Baking

Burning! (only started two fires in the course of this project)

Ooh!  Shiney!

Finished!

Graphics are water slide decals, I also did a powder coating for the clear coat too.  None of the graphics warped in the oven so that was nice!  Main graphic is a printing from a Victorian working museum that only uses printing blocks from that era.  http://www.blistshill.org/index.php
Try a little tenderness.

John Lyons

Your blood is green as I suspected!
Clear powder over waterslide!! WOah.
So did you powder right over the bare decal?
Laser decal? Looks great!
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

tiges_ tendres

Quote from: John Lyons on December 11, 2010, 07:48:42 PM
Your blood is green as I suspected!
Clear powder over waterslide!! WOah.
So did you powder right over the bare decal?
Laser decal? Looks great!

I hate spraying aerosols.  I always mess it up, so I thought I would give this a go.  Turns out it works great!

My blood is green, but I've also learned to keep an Aloe plant nearby!

And yes, it is a laser decal. I tried a different brand from a model shop once and it didn't do as well, so I went back to the kind that Small Bear sells.  I apply the decal as you normally would, wait for it to dry, and then powder coat over the top.  Normally I would wipe will alcohol between coats, but that would have completely removed the decal.

The only trick is to make sure you don't have too much of the sticky residue that waterslides leave behind on the enclosure because the glue/residue burns and turns brown when you put it in the oven.  You can see it here on the corner of the box:

I think another coat might have fixed the slight outline you can see on the decals.
Try a little tenderness.

cloudscapes

5-second looper
with reverse, definable start/end trimming, trim drift/lfo, granular ping-pong, general glitch/stutter/noise stuff
I'll make a video tomorrow

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

azrael

awesome! love your epoxy finishes. :D

How do you manage to keep them dust free? I always wanted to try, but figure they're much more susceptible to dust particles than spray paint.

studiostud

Just did this quick this afternoon.  It's a guitar pickup simulator based on the schem from muzique.com.  Designed a simple PCB and mounted both the switch and transformer.  I would have mounted the pots as well, but I only have pots with lugs at the moment. 

The enclosure was recycled from a used (and washed) tuna can from lunch this afternoon.  The graphic was done in Illustrator. 

Builds Completed: Big Muff. Fuzz Face. Tube Screamer. Rat. Crash Sync. Harmonic Jerkulator. 6-band EQ. Rebote 2.5. Tremulus Lune. Small Stone. Small Clone. Microamp. LPB-2. Green Ringer. Red Ranger. Orange Squeezer. SansAmp. MXR Headphone Amp. Bass Fuzz.

deadastronaut

Quote from: John Lyons on December 10, 2010, 10:56:07 AM
Ah, hell. Let's just look at it again on this page.  :D

@slade, this is not good enough, its flawed... there is a 0.62mm gap in the top right blue led hole... :icon_eek:

you need to do quality control...terrible.. :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

darron

Quote from: deadastronaut on December 12, 2010, 04:36:08 AM
Quote from: John Lyons on December 10, 2010, 10:56:07 AM
Ah, hell. Let's just look at it again on this page.  :D

@slade, this is not good enough, its flawed... there is a 0.62mm gap in the top right blue led hole... :icon_eek:

you need to do quality control...terrible.. :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

soo beautiful!

and the presence knob sits a little higher than the rest, but nobody would be suck a dick to point that out on a master's work  :icon_biggrin:
*sigh*... no more of this...
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

deadastronaut

such?... :icon_wink:

freudian slip?.. :icon_mrgreen:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

darron

Quote from: deadastronaut on December 12, 2010, 06:50:25 AM
such?... :icon_wink:

freudian slip?.. :icon_mrgreen:

that's not right.....

not at all....

i might just step back into the shadows for a while... or edit the quote and ask you what you're going on about?

that's karma...
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

MarcoMike

that made me laugh!!  ;D

I definetly would not s**K a dick to point that out...
Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible.

tasos

Quote from: cloudscapes on December 11, 2010, 11:11:48 PM

ohhh!great!is there a schematic around or this is just your schematic? :icon_razz: a looper is a greaat pedal but too expensive on the market!a link of the schematic would be appreciated! ;D