News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al Heeley

The first one was a great success and soon found a new home in Australia with an old buddy blues guitarist. This one I may keep for myself.
Mark 2 Tubescreamer + MosFet Boost Pedal

Again features Phat switch for extra boost, and clipping switch to choose either stock Si diode clipping or LED clipping. Both switches armed with red/yellow bicolour LED's to show switch status.

John Lyons

Spooky Tooth / Tone Bender MKII
The Small board is a voltage converter so the MKII (PNP) can
run on a daisy chained neg ground circuit.

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Galego

Quote from: tasos on December 12, 2010, 07:54:28 AM
ohhh!great!is there a schematic around or this is just your schematic? :icon_razz: a looper is a greaat pedal but too expensive on the market!a link of the schematic would be appreciated! ;D

You'd need more than the schematic. You'd also need the code for the programmable IC's.

tasos

and probably really much knowledge on electronics....  ::)

cloudscapes

Quote from: Galego on December 12, 2010, 10:15:11 AM
You'd need more than the schematic. You'd also need the code for the programmable IC's.

correct. and it's pretty archaic to use. not at all user-friendly. personally I can live with its weirdness, but I'm sure most people wouldn't.  ;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

Barcode80

Quote from: John Lyons on December 12, 2010, 10:06:38 AM
Spooky Tooth / Tone Bender MKII
The Small board is a voltage converter so the MKII (PNP) can
run on a daisy chained neg ground circuit.

how do you get such good deep pitting with the hammered finish? All the ones I try end up mostly smooth with only the occasional pit here and there. Also, are you spraying black down first to get the cool coloring in the pits?

Skruffyhound

I believe it's powder coat not Hammerite.

John Lyons

Quote from: Skruffyhound on December 12, 2010, 12:59:21 PM
I believe it's powder coat not Hammerite.

Correct!

Here's another I just finished.

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

cloudscapes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

eniacmike

ts9 with a baxandall tonestack. pcb is from madbean the "glitterrattii" project.

eniacmike

Tremolooooooooooooooo! madbean's double flush pcb layout.

I built this pedal on my birthday!.

studiostud

Quote from: Kearns892 on December 12, 2010, 12:22:52 AM
Quote from: studiostud on December 11, 2010, 11:49:11 PM

1/8 In. Input?

The main purpose was to use it for future circuit building/tweaking.  The 1/8" input is so I can plug in an ipod and run pre-recorded clean guitar riffs and rhythm tracks through it to test and tweak circuits.
Builds Completed: Big Muff. Fuzz Face. Tube Screamer. Rat. Crash Sync. Harmonic Jerkulator. 6-band EQ. Rebote 2.5. Tremulus Lune. Small Stone. Small Clone. Microamp. LPB-2. Green Ringer. Red Ranger. Orange Squeezer. SansAmp. MXR Headphone Amp. Bass Fuzz.

luko-man

^ Thats a great idea :)
cant think of anything funny to put here

Perrow

Quote from: studiostud on December 13, 2010, 11:10:45 AM
The 1/8" input is so I can plug in an ipod and run pre-recorded clean guitar riffs and rhythm tracks through it to test and tweak circuits.

You stole my idea before I could tell anybody about it, shame on you.
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

ayayay!

I do the same thing w/ my Boss RC-20.  Sure is nice having a REAL guitar coming through while tweaking a pedal.  My third hand is usually unattached except for special occasions.  
The people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

phector2004

Quote from: ayayay! on December 13, 2010, 05:05:56 PM
I do the same thing w/ my Boss RC-20.  Sure is nice having a my REAL guitar coming through while tweaking a pedal.  My third hand is usually unattached except for special occasions. 

:icon_eek:

Why have I never thought of that?!?! It's a huge pain trying to debug while holding a Les Paul... Wow...

If you're playing pre-recorded guitar riffs, what purpose does the pickup sim have?

Barcode80

Quote from: phector2004 on December 13, 2010, 05:11:57 PM
Quote from: ayayay! on December 13, 2010, 05:05:56 PM
I do the same thing w/ my Boss RC-20.  Sure is nice having a my REAL guitar coming through while tweaking a pedal.  My third hand is usually unattached except for special occasions. 

:icon_eek:

Why have I never thought of that?!?! It's a huge pain trying to debug while holding a Les Paul... Wow...

If you're playing pre-recorded guitar riffs, what purpose does the pickup sim have?

regardless of the audio, the impedance needs to be matched to that of a pickup in order to properly evaluate a circuit build. As such a pickup sim is a good idea when using this method.

ayayay!

You beat me to it Barcode80.  The pickup sim would be a better choice, but for what I usually need to do (which is a lot of audio probing on broken pedals) the RC-20 is great.  Still, I can get close enough with it. 
The people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

knealebrown

when i grow up i wanna be slade
''99 problems but a glitch aint one!''