News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tuckster

Quote from: Dragonfly on December 18, 2010, 05:43:27 PM

Some of you know that I don't solder much any more... it brings on migraines for me, and quite obviously, I don't enjoy that.
Because of the fume? A solder fume extractor would help?

Nice build btw
  • SUPPORTER

Dragonfly

Quote from: tuckster on December 19, 2010, 03:47:11 AM

Some of you know that I don't solder much any more... it brings on migraines for me, and quite obviously, I don't enjoy that.
Because of the fume? A solder fume extractor would help?

Nice build btw

Thanks for the kind words.

RE: Migraines - I use an extractor and a magnifying lens, but the whole process still sends me into migraine hell.

Dragonfly

Dragonfly

Quote from: StereoKills on December 19, 2010, 01:49:30 AM
Great fuzz sound, nice low end and a slight fizzle on the top. I like it!

Thanks ! Their are still things I'd tweak, but oh well...it sounds good "as is", so I'm not too worried.

ayayay!

Andrew I can't imagine how rough that is for you, I've been hoping to see you back someday.  :)

Yesterday my youngest 2 year old son dumped out my entire collection of Panasonic caps.  Probably $500 worth.  My 9 year old daughter and I spent the next 2 hours sorting and binning each one of them.  By 30 minutes into it, I had a roaring headache from trying to view the print on them.  I thought of you and how thankful I am that I can make it for a while without my head starting to spin.  (Sorry don't mean to rub it in.)

Anyway, I'm glad to see you back!  I hope this gets better for you someday soon! 
The people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Kearns892

Quote from: bean on November 28, 2010, 06:00:40 PM
This one is based on a Tremulator project I've been working on. Sounds pretty amazing, which I can only attribute to the tiny LED in there.

I don't know how many times I looked at this, but I only just realized that lizard...

Dragonfly

Quote from: ayayay! on December 19, 2010, 11:58:56 AM
Andrew I can't imagine how rough that is for you, I've been hoping to see you back someday.  :)

Yesterday my youngest 2 year old son dumped out my entire collection of Panasonic caps.  Probably $500 worth.  My 9 year old daughter and I spent the next 2 hours sorting and binning each one of them.  By 30 minutes into it, I had a roaring headache from trying to view the print on them.  I thought of you and how thankful I am that I can make it for a while without my head starting to spin.  (Sorry don't mean to rub it in.)

Anyway, I'm glad to see you back!  I hope this gets better for you someday soon! 

Thanks -

And BTW - I'm GLAD you aren't as sensitive to it as I am. :)      (...you aren't rubbing it in at all...)

eniacmike

bazz fuss

amz mosfet booster

klon clone

ppatchmods

i went to harbor freight and purchased a magnifying headset with an led light on top. i used it to troubleshoot for about 30min and had a headache so bad that i almost threw up.....now my daughter puts it on (minus the magnifier) to play spaceman in the garage while i work. best 10$ i've spent on work equipment. 
When your life is over, will any of this STUFF really matter?

earthtonesaudio

@ eniacmike:

Love the paint job on the Bazz Fuss.

@ ppatchmods; your post cracked me up.  I can totally relate.

John Lyons

Rangemaster into a Tweaked fuzz face with variable positive feedback
input cap blend knob, variable buffer, pre set bias switch and voltage sag.
Joe Gagan's masterpice circuit.

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

deadastronaut

looks killer john....nice...

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

studiostud

BUT.... it's Christmastime, and I do like to "make" gifts for people... so, with that in mind, I dosed up on meds and fired up the soldering iron....

This one is an original circuit I just kinda came up with one night...I call it the "Nerve Generator".

NERVE GENERATOR MP3  (please excuse the lousy quality of the sound clip)

I can't pay too much attention to making everything look nice....takes too much time, and I'm trying to minimize my time with the iron on... but it turned out OK I guess.

I still have another couple pedals to build, but they'll have to wait for a day or two.

Anyway, I guess this old man can still make toys that make noise.

:)

Well done.  Has a very old school Smashing Pumpkins tone.
Builds Completed: Big Muff. Fuzz Face. Tube Screamer. Rat. Crash Sync. Harmonic Jerkulator. 6-band EQ. Rebote 2.5. Tremulus Lune. Small Stone. Small Clone. Microamp. LPB-2. Green Ringer. Red Ranger. Orange Squeezer. SansAmp. MXR Headphone Amp. Bass Fuzz.

Zapp Brannigan

Quote from: eniacmike on December 20, 2010, 10:01:24 AM
bazz fuss

amz mosfet booster

klon clone
OMG, these grenade-jacks are awesome! I want to have them immediately!

blooze_man

I think Bullet Cable makes the grenade jacks.
Big Muff, Trotsky Drive, Little Angel, Valvecaster, Whisker Biscuit, Smash Drive, Green Ringer, Fuzz Face, Rangemaster, LPB1, Bazz Fuss/Buzz Box, Radioshack Fuzz, Blue Box, Fuzzrite, Tonepad Wah, EH Pulsar, NPN Tonebender, Torn's Peaker...

Pigyboy

My clone of the hard-to-find '74-'76 Ibanez Overdrive. This is a sick fuzz/overdriver. Me gusta mucho!
And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

~arph

Wow. looks nice..but impractical  ;)

Gila_Crisis

Quote from: Pigyboy on December 21, 2010, 04:04:57 AM
My clone of the hard-to-find '74-'76 Ibanez Overdrive. This is a sick fuzz/overdriver. Me gusta mucho!

Which is another variation of the Big Muff theme with a baxandall tone control ;)

Pigyboy

^^^
Quote from: ~arph on December 21, 2010, 04:21:50 AM
Wow. looks nice..but impractical  ;)
I know. I didn't think(ha, imagine that) how close the switch would be to the knob but once I was committed I had to go on as I hate to waste enclosures. I have another here going in a bigger box.
Quote from: Gila_Crisis on December 21, 2010, 04:42:56 AM

Which is another variation of the Big Muff theme with a baxandall tone control ;)
Gotta love the Muff!
Thanks for the nice words guys :icon_wink:
And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

Govmnt_Lacky

Sweet looking layout and good looking work all together!

Very Nice  8)
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'