News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azrael

Quote from: Pigyboy on December 21, 2010, 04:04:57 AM
My clone of the hard-to-find '74-'76 Ibanez Overdrive. This is a sick fuzz/overdriver. Me gusta mucho!
Whoa, nice! Any chance you'd share the layout? I haven't seen a good layout for this pedal ever.

roseblood11

Wow, some great pedals on the last few sites!!!

@John Lyons: Which version of Joe Gagans Skyripper schematics did you use?

Mr. Slave

My first builds:
The internal wiring remember a pot of spaghetti, but, as italian, i like them so much and... they work fine...
surprisingly!!!!

boss ce 2 clone

boss ce 2 clone

rebote delay 2.5

rebote delay 2.5

ross compressor

ross compressor

little angel in 1590A by FC

little angel

Mr. Slave

little angel internal

Mr. Slave

COT ala Briggs with switch clean/clipping
& crackled texture

SHO

The 3 babies

deadastronaut

nice mr slave.....i really like the 'little angel'...sweet. :icon_twisted:

i'll build one now the dust has settled....nice one rick!.. :icon_wink:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Mr. Slave

thanks deadastronaut :-)
the little angel was my second build ever
and the hardest thing was  being able to close it

roseblood11

wow, they really look great!

But you should shorten the legs of the trannies a bit more. And maybe fix them with hot glue or so..

Galego

Quote from: roseblood11 on December 21, 2010, 03:38:00 PM

But you should shorten the legs of the trannies a bit more. And maybe fix them with hot glue or so..

But why socket a 7805? I never socket transistors unless i'm not sure which i'll use. Or if someone specifically requests it, of course.

Taylor

Since these were his first projects, he was probably going on the advice you often hear that ICs and transistors can be killed with excessive heat, and was playing it safe. It's probably not a bad idea when you're just learning to solder and might heat things up too much.

ACS

Quote from: Galego on December 21, 2010, 04:51:07 PM
Quote from: roseblood11 on December 21, 2010, 03:38:00 PM

But why socket a 7805? I never socket transistors unless i'm not sure which i'll use. Or if someone specifically requests it, of course.

Actually, I still socket all my transistors.  After 50+ builds I still have a nasty habit of putting the d@mn things in around the wrong way...

Mr. Slave

yes!!!
the reason is the one written by taylor
i'm still a newbie

Zapp Brannigan

Mr. Slave, cool graphics, I like it! And BTW, who cares about spagetti inside if it works good? I never cared  ;D

Valoosj

Quote from: Mr. Slave on December 21, 2010, 12:18:55 PM

How did you do this? I mean, it's obviously not a decal since your corners are way too good for that.
Did you paint this by hand? It's really a very nice pedal.
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

solderman

Quote from: snarblinge on December 17, 2010, 05:21:34 AM
Nice use of these knobs, and I just love everything you've done with the colours on this thing, even the white washers are kinda ok on this,

reminds me of a milton bradley game or something.

I assume it will colour the tone quite a bit.... ;)
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

Mr. Slave

it's a decal and as it dried appears this crackle texture...
the paper is so thin that takes the shape of the enclosure :icon_biggrin:

jefe

Quote from: Mr. Slave on December 21, 2010, 12:00:14 PM

rebote delay 2.5

I've never seen an analog rebote delay. Nice!

:icon_wink:

Mr. Slave

:-[The rebote delay is technically a digital delay (it is based on the PT2399 chip) , but it sound is quite analog.
and mainly it's cooler write analog ;D

solderman

Quote from: Mr. Slave on December 21, 2010, 12:05:50 PM
little angel internal

Really nice work. It took me more than a couple of builds to get me comfortable with the 1590A size. Keep up and you will produce miracles.

Me my self I have been byssi working and exercising one of my other hobbies, scuba diving
And of cause there is need for DIY gadgets there as well.

Sub lights are ridiculously expensive. A good 50W main light will set you back at least €1000 or $1400.

So I built my own One with normal 50W halogen bulb and one with high current LED technique. 3 LED:s in a one bulb gives the same Candela the 50W.and draw no where near as much battery as the halogen bulb. The only thing that is harder with building this kind of stuff is that it needs to be water proof to at least 100m.

Later when I am done with this lamp I might do a stomp box that can be submerged to 100m  ;D

The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

niopren

and old one...
TS808 HW