Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

studiostud

Quote from: Pigyboy on December 21, 2010, 04:49:53 AM

Gotta love the Muff!

That's what she said.  Nice build, BTW.   ::) ;D
Builds Completed: Big Muff. Fuzz Face. Tube Screamer. Rat. Crash Sync. Harmonic Jerkulator. 6-band EQ. Rebote 2.5. Tremulus Lune. Small Stone. Small Clone. Microamp. LPB-2. Green Ringer. Red Ranger. Orange Squeezer. SansAmp. MXR Headphone Amp. Bass Fuzz.

studiostud

Quote from: Dragonfly on December 19, 2010, 10:37:08 AM
Quote from: tuckster on December 19, 2010, 03:47:11 AM
Quote from: Dragonfly on December 18, 2010, 05:43:27 PM

Some of you know that I don't solder much any more... it brings on migraines for me, and quite obviously, I don't enjoy that.
Because of the fume? A solder fume extractor would help?

Nice build btw

Thanks for the kind words.

RE: Migraines - I use an extractor and a magnifying lens, but the whole process still sends me into migraine hell.

I'm sure you have your migraine relief techniques down to a science, but I thought I would throw in my $0.02.  I wouldn't be surprised if many members on this forum get headaches/migraines considering the tiny nature of the stuff we work with.  My sister and I both inherited migraines from my father.  My best method is to start with Pepto-Bismol to ease the nausea and Vanquish because that stuff seems to work the quickest. but it doesn't last as long as some of the others, so a couple hours later I'll take some Excedrin Migraine which will usually hold me until it passes unless it's a particularly heinous one.

The magnifying lens could be a big catalyst.  I used to use one and it often gave me headaches if I used it for too long.  I think it's something with the curvature of the lens and how it distorts the image you're trying to view, almost like looking through a fish-eye lens on a camera.  I started using a jeweler's loupe and that has actually seemed to help quite a bit.  Maybe it's because I only use one eye with it.  Maybe try that out and see if it works for you.   :-\
Builds Completed: Big Muff. Fuzz Face. Tube Screamer. Rat. Crash Sync. Harmonic Jerkulator. 6-band EQ. Rebote 2.5. Tremulus Lune. Small Stone. Small Clone. Microamp. LPB-2. Green Ringer. Red Ranger. Orange Squeezer. SansAmp. MXR Headphone Amp. Bass Fuzz.

StereoKills

Peppermint oil applied to the temples, forehead and neck works wonders for my wife's migraines.
"Sometimes it takes a thousand notes to make one sound"

frequencycentral

http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

deadastronaut

icy cool...rick.... 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Barcode80

what is the flashback delay?

hday

Rick, do you ever have any problems with those long, floating leads? Those silver lines are sultry, but they look so fragile.

tiges_ tendres

Quote from: frequencycentral on December 22, 2010, 11:57:27 AM

As a huge Hockey fan, I have to approve of putting Hextall on a pedal.
Try a little tenderness.

Galego

Valoosj

Quote from: Mr. Slave on December 22, 2010, 09:51:59 AM
it's a decal and as it dried appears this crackle texture...
the paper is so thin that takes the shape of the enclosure :icon_biggrin:

How then did you manage to get the corners to look that good then? Don't you see a crease where the decal overlaps at the sides?
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

frequencycentral

Quote from: Barcode80 on December 22, 2010, 12:20:05 PM

Shhhh! It's a secret! It's mostly Slade's design, but I chipped in a few ideas too. PT2399 optically modulated delay and a fliter for 'dark' repeats. Top of my list for next years builds is a 10 knob version of the Flashback featuring all sorts of cool doodads such as stompable delayed modulation and stompable envelope control of delay time.
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

Manny

Quote from: frequencycentral on December 22, 2010, 03:24:50 PM
Shhhh! It's a secret! It's mostly Slade's design, but I chipped in a few ideas too. PT2399 optically modulated delay and a fliter for 'dark' repeats. Top of my list for next years builds is a 10 knob version of the Flashback featuring all sorts of cool doodads such as stompable delayed modulation and stompable envelope control of delay time.

That sounds very good indeed.  :)

a soBer Newt

Quote from: niopren on December 22, 2010, 11:26:09 AM
and old one...
TS808 HW

Did you come up with your own layout for this?

roseblood11

...and a compander, as in the PT-80?

Scruffie

Quote from: roseblood11 on December 22, 2010, 07:19:24 PM

...and a compander, as in the PT-80?
There's no Compander I can see... there's a Quad Opamp that'll contain the LFO for Modulation & The Input & Output Section.

Taylor

I think he meant to ask if a compander would be part of Rick's plan for a souped-up version.

Scruffie

Quote from: Taylor on December 22, 2010, 07:29:40 PM
I think he meant to ask if a compander would be part of Rick's plan for a souped-up version.
Ahhh makes more sense, I thought the consensus was that the Compander in the PT-80 was for the worse though.

ACS

Here's my latest - TS808 with a few mods (mainly of the Keely variety).  

WARNING: PICS BELOW NOT (PARTICULARLY) SAFE FOR WORK

Most important mod though (IMO) is the addition of a 6-way rotary switch (labeled "NASTY") for clipping diodes - just gives you so many tonal possibilities.  I went for Ge (sym), Ge (asym), Si (sym, stock), Si (Asym), LED and fully lifted.  

- LED is probably my favourite - nice n' gritty, although the lifted setting gives a massive amount of boost if that's your thing.  
- Ge is much quieter (as you'd expect) and you need to push the Level ("BUMP") all the way up, but both settings give a lovely rounded OD.  

Quite usable tonally, def. moreso than my standard TS808...  Perspex LED glowing border in lieu of a normal LED on top, just cos  :biggrin:  Wish I was keeping this one, but it's an Xmas gift for the guitarist in our band...

My first crack at etching an enclosure - some bits worked really well, others not so. Next time, I need to sand the enclosure more to remove the blemishes from the enclosure casting, and also mask the big flat areas with lacquer as there were a few spots where the FeCl was just starting to go through the mask...  But overall, very pleased for my first effort.

elenore19

Quote from: deadastronaut on December 16, 2010, 03:24:26 AM
nice eliot, like the way the bug goes over the side...hanpainted or waterslide?...
Hand painted by a friend of mine. I love it.
Quote from: ayayay! on December 16, 2010, 10:19:00 AM
@ elenore19:  The guts are fine.  If it doesn't oscillate, then it's fine.  The enclosure is like the size of Oprah though...
Yeah, it's a beast. It was my first boogey pedal and I wanted to make sure I had plenty of space...

kungpow79

Quote from: ACS on December 22, 2010, 09:33:46 PM
Here's my latest - TS808 with a few mods (mainly of the Keely variety).  

WARNING: PICS BELOW NOT (PARTICULARLY) SAFE FOR WORK

Most important mod though (IMO) is the addition of a 6-way rotary switch (labeled "NASTY") for clipping diodes - just gives you so many tonal possibilities.  I went for Ge (sym), Ge (asym), Si (sym, stock), Si (Asym), LED and fully lifted.  

- LED is probably my favourite - nice n' gritty, although the lifted setting gives a massive amount of boost if that's your thing.  
- Ge is much quieter (as you'd expect) and you need to push the Level ("BUMP") all the way up, but both settings give a lovely rounded OD.  

Quite usable tonally, def. moreso than my standard TS808...  Perspex LED glowing border in lieu of a normal LED on top, just cos  :biggrin:  Wish I was keeping this one, but it's an Xmas gift for the guitarist in our band...

My first crack at etching an enclosure - some bits worked really well, others not so. Next time, I need to sand the enclosure more to remove the blemishes from the enclosure casting, and also mask the big flat areas with lacquer as there were a few spots where the FeCl was just starting to go through the mask...  But overall, very pleased for my first effort.

No LED?  Do they make 3mm led in pink, perhaps?  ;D