Previous topic - Next topic

MmmPedals

Too many pictures=super annoying
NEXT PAGE ;D

Scruffie

Quote from: MmmPedals on December 27, 2010, 10:14:47 PM
Too many pictures=super annoying
NEXT PAGE ;D
Wahey! Well done, that page was pissing me off.

Ripdivot

Quote from: Pedals By Tone on December 27, 2010, 08:31:19 PM
Quote from: amptramp on December 26, 2010, 06:16:33 PM
Spectacular first post, PBT!  Fill us in on the details of how you do those boxes - some are swirl but the others look hand-painted.  (And we also have a thread for hand painted - feel free to post in there.)

Quote from: Skruffyhound on December 26, 2010, 01:33:14 PM
Some nice designs there PBT. What's the technique? Wrap them up like Christmas presents and give them some epoxy?

Quote from: jkokura on December 26, 2010, 05:52:56 PM
Some trippy graphics there!

Jacob

Thank you for taking notice!!!! and a BIG Thank You Very Much for the compliment!!!...the process is quite tedious, definitely messy, and is very time consuming I'm sure you've heard the old saying "ya gotta love what ya do" well, it definitely applies here (but that's the kind of top-shelf quality and effort i put into ALL my pedals)...after lots of research and development I've come to the conclusion that different poly's give different results (some have more base tint or react to the artwork in an awkward manner)...automotive supply shops are all over south Florida and they basically carry everything i need to coat the enclosures...also, a key bit of info would be that it's all in the layering of the coats and prepping in between so you get that deep wet look you just cant find in a store bought pedal.  I don't have a site but you or anyone with questions can email me  pedalsbytone@gmail.com

Any chance of you doing a tutorial on your process?

John Lyons

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: John Lyons on December 28, 2010, 11:33:07 AM

Looks like someone is going to be busy!  :icon_lol:

Are those trannys labeled? What kind are they John?
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

John Lyons

There are about 600 more (other types)  not in the pic as well.  :icon_eek:
These are GT4036
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Manny

Quote from: John Lyons on December 28, 2010, 05:46:24 PM
There are about 600 more (other types)  not in the pic as well.  :icon_eek:
These are GT4036

Looks like you've got your work cut out for you there!
At least you have the proper tool for the job. Good luck  :)

eniacmike

The tap tempo tremolo project from taylor over at musicpcb.com. This is a SWEET project. It was actually easier than building a regular tremolo because he includes the taplfo chip and it was mostly parts of the bench, although I did have to get a 20mhz crystal for it.

I think it I had to do it over again I would have put the enclosure turned portrait style because it is danger close with the pots and the pcb, either that or ditch the battery. I also would reccommend a less bright led for the taptempo. I used a super bright blue and it is blinding!

Taylor

Looks cool Mike.  :) Didn't feel the need for the wave distort? I find it pretty useful, but it might be more control than necessary for some.

azrael

I liked Wave Distort as well. Very fun feature. Bren a bit since I worked on it, but one of the grumpier can adjust the tap tempo brightness, no?

eniacmike

Quote from: Taylor on December 28, 2010, 11:25:07 PM
Looks cool Mike.  :) Didn't feel the need for the wave distort? I find it pretty useful, but it might be more control than necessary for some.

I asked a guy on another forum and he said it wasn't worth it. I have an ehx stereo pulsar and it does a similar thing, but I never used that function so I don't think I will miss it.

I originally planned to do the wave distort and another momentary footswitch for paging through the waveforms but I thought three footswitches on one pedal was going to be a bit much. I am really happy with how it turned out.

what resistor is for the LED brightness?

Taylor

The trimpot in between the ICs on the right adjusts the visible LED brightness.

Barcode80

Quote from: eniacmike on December 28, 2010, 11:49:24 PM
Quote from: Taylor on December 28, 2010, 11:25:07 PM

I asked a guy on another forum and he said it wasn't worth it. I have an ehx stereo pulsar and it does a similar thing, but I never used that function so I don't think I will miss it.

I originally planned to do the wave distort and another momentary footswitch for paging through the waveforms but I thought three footswitches on one pedal was going to be a bit much. I am really happy with how it turned out.

what resistor is for the LED brightness?
Just so you know, the switch doesn't page through waveforms, it pages through multipliers. The wave form pot (or a rotary with all the different resistance values) is the only waveform switch.

deadastronaut

what! no DOD 250's on page 741?....

:icon_wink:

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Galego

deadastronaut

yep that qualifies.... ;)

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

bancika

This isn't a pedal, but it's definitely DIY. My father and I built a guitar from scratch 4-5 years ago and refinished it with a stained flamed maple top. Below are the pix before and after

Cheers
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

Steve Mavronis

Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

deadastronaut

yay!....i was waiting for that... :icon_wink:

hmmmm its gonna be a long long time till we see another page related pedal i think... :P

meffcio

Quote from: deadastronaut on December 29, 2010, 10:19:48 AM
hmmmm its gonna be a long long time till we see another page related pedal i think... :P
Next one will be aircraft related ;p