SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pazuzu

Quote from: deadastronaut on January 05, 2011, 07:31:38 AM
Quote from: pazuzu on January 05, 2011, 12:11:15 AM
forgive me, i'm not a member of the inner sanctum here yet.  ???

@pazuzu. burn yourself 187 times with a soldering iron
and swear a lot and your in..... :icon_wink:

apparently i am already in. and if burning myself with my tig welder counts i was in 10 years ago.

deadastronaut

Quote from: pazuzu on January 05, 2011, 12:53:47 PM
Quote from: pazuzu on January 05, 2011, 12:11:15 AM
forgive me, i'm not a member of the inner sanctum here yet.  ???

@pazuzu. burn yourself 187 times with a soldering iron
and swear a lot and your in..... :icon_wink:

apparently i am already in. and if burning myself with my tig welder counts i was in 10 years ago.

aha...welcome to the inner sanctum then!...backdated!.. :icon_mrgreen:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Fishface

a guy local to me does these...would look cool on a pedal too...
http://www.auroraproject.co.uk/glow%20guards.htm

check out those glow knobs on the right too.....wow...
Thanks for the heads up!

Slade

Quote from: Nikolay on January 05, 2011, 08:04:33 AM
A simple external control for Mesa Boogie V-twin:

This small pedalboard control also clean-blues button with a little modification of the v-twin.

Here is a short video demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sCs-J98Aco
Very cool, Nikolay, classy as always. Nice to know your foot! :icon_mrgreen:

danielzink

Had some time today so I whipped up RG's FET Matcher.

Trying to give Rick (FC) a run for his money with my perf skills (yeah right:icon_mrgreen:

Dan

John Lyons

Nice one Dan. I've got a couple gizmos like that and need to make a couple more.
I just popped a socket out of a hole in the box with the guts inside.
LED current resistance/brightness Tester, In/Out bypass box, FUzz face circuit
transistor tester, FET matcher, Audio probe with Level knob...all worth their weight in gold.
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Nikolay

^^^ Thanks, Slade ;)  :icon_mrgreen:

markeebee

Quote from: danielzink on January 05, 2011, 10:54:50 PM
Had some time today so I whipped up RG's FET Matcher.

On the subject of test kit, I made this over Christmas.  Think I'll put it in another thread rather than go too far OT here.

EDIT:
Here, if you can bother:  http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=89097.0

g.

One (big) Knob silicon fuzz

Barcode80

What circuit? I've been looking for a nice silicon fuzz (besides the usual silicon fuzz face.)

taang

Quote from: g. on January 06, 2011, 06:27:49 PM
One (big) Knob silicon fuzz

how did you paint that/what kind of led did you use?

azrael

Quote from: Barcode80 on January 06, 2011, 10:03:41 PM
What circuit? I've been looking for a nice silicon fuzz (besides the usual silicon fuzz face.)
The Colorsound One Knob Fuzz is great. :)

John Lyons

Heh, yes but that is a fuzz face almost entirely.
SMaller input cap and a few lesser value changes
Just saying...
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Pigyboy

My first etching attempt. The circuit is FC's Thermionique. Thanks Rick
Cheers,
Chris
And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

~arph

Wow, up to par with slade  8)

jefe

Quote from: Pigyboy on January 07, 2011, 03:41:16 AM
My first etching attempt. The circuit is FC's Thermionique. Thanks Rick
Cheers,
Chris

It looks great! How difficult did you find it to go through the whole etching process? I've read Slade's awsome etching tutorial, but to be honest, it looks like a lot of work (IOW: it looks like a giant pain in the butt, lol..)

Manny

That's a really nice etch there Chris!   :)

Pigyboy

Thanks for the kind words but I am nowhere near Slade's league. Yes it is a lot of work but it takes me just about as long to paint and apply graphics. The thing with the etching is you cannot chip or @#$% up the finished too easily like with a painted one. I will post this in the etching thread too but I had a terrible time with the 3 different types of of photo paper I tried. It all had plastic backing that melted under the iron so I used glossy paper and it worked fine although I had to soak it in water to remove the paper base. I really want to thank FC Rick and Slade for all of their work that has allowed we to achieve some type of competence in this endeavor.
Cheers,
Chris
And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

ghostsauce

Recently I tried etching one, and I've got to say.. WHERE do you guys get the patience for it?  Gosh, I am a pretty patient guy but this was just ridiculous.  After multiple attempts to figure out the ironing process, only to have the transfer almost non-existant on one side, I had to draw by hand the right side of the logo with nail polish. Not cool, haha. But it turned out ok and I'm happy with it. I will never ever etch anything again though. I just don't want to spend that much time on the enclosure...

Anyways, here's a pic.  On the right is a Son of Screamer, and then it goes into a Boss OS2. Both true bypass and running off one power supply.  Still needs some debugging for the OS2 though.. It was my first attempt at working from a schematic and removing stuff.. but I managed to remove & replace the switch but unfortunately in doing so I somehow disabled the overdrive side of the OS2. Now the blend knob is another volume, haha. I'll work it out when I have time. The switch on the right switches between germanium diodes and silicon for the SoS, and the switch on the left I'm going to use to change a cap value, but that's for after I get the OS2 working properly. ^^

Guts are horrible on this one. I'd post one but the frankensteined OS2 would cause the thread to die. ;)

Slade

Hey, Chris, that came out very cool!
The detail is impressive, I can even read the smaller characters written on the design.

Yeah, it's always some work to get this results (I don't say this in the tutorial, but don't tell anybody.. :D), more if it's your first time, so congratulations for that, it looks awesome.

You've just made a brother for this little rusty baby. ;D

Fernando.-