News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skruffyhound

Love your work Nikolay, the gut shot made me laugh though, that giant toroidal steals the show a bit  :D
Are you still getting your cases from local companies?

Nikolay

thanks, guys.
I change the company for the boxes. Right now I make 3d sketch for the box with all holes and bends using solid works and send the file. After 10 days I get the box. Than painting in another company :)

tasos

Quote from: Sirppi on January 08, 2011, 07:13:12 AM

hey guys...i saw this capacitor rated with j... j stands for joule right?and how can we convert joule to fahhrad? :)

Galego

Quote from: tasos on January 08, 2011, 04:15:54 PM
Quote from: Sirppi on January 08, 2011, 07:13:12 AM

hey guys...i saw this capacitor rated with j... j stands for joule right?and how can we convert joule to fahhrad? :)

I think that's the tolerance of the capacitor J: +-5% M: +-20%

John Lyons

It does not stand for Joule, just as "M" on the cap above does not stand for Micro farad.
I believe it's the cap "composition" although they are both ceramic...

EDIT...Oh yeah, it's the Tollerance, that's right.
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

elenore19

What I did all day.

I decided to go with a fuzz factory clone in this pedal. I love the way it looks.

My cleanest build yet. I'd say it couldn't get much cleaner for me. Pretty damn proud to say the least :) (nothing compared to all you guys...john/slade/nickolay...pedal gods...)

No LED yet. I plan on trying the plexiglass border for this guy when I get the time to work it out. But no light for now.

Manny

Looks good Elliot  :)
It's good to see that you managed to keep most of that nice paintwork exposed!

Yorick

That looks awesome!!!

deadastronaut

nice elliot...use a 2mm led for the eye!... :icon_cool:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Slade

Or drill a 1mm hole in the eye and put a 3mm led from inside. That looks really nice :icon_smile:

deadastronaut

Quote from: Slade on January 09, 2011, 10:15:27 AM
Or drill a 1mm hole in the eye and put a 3mm led from inside. That looks really nice :icon_smile:

yeah looks good..ive seen that on a few of yours......how do you attach the led to the top though?....
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Barcode80

Quote from: deadastronaut on January 09, 2011, 11:40:16 AM
Quote from: Slade on January 09, 2011, 10:15:27 AM

yeah looks good..ive seen that on a few of yours......how do you attach the led to the top though?....
I do it two ways. If I want the LED right next to the switch (I usually do), I simply solder the - leg of the LED to the switch and bend it so that pressure holds the LED in the hole.

Otherwise, a quick dot of super glue does the trick. Just put the LED in, then while holding it in put a dot of glue where it meets the enlcosure. Hold until it sets, usually a few seconds.

bean

Echo Base w/ PTAP!

Taylor

Nice! Is the PTAP available again or did you have a NOS one?  :D I was disappointed to see Robert close down his shop (or I thought he did anyway....)

Valoosj

Very nice pedal Brian. Just one question: how do you select the quarter/eight/dotted eight/... ?

Ok, a second one: is the PTAP accurate?
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

bean

Quote from: Valoosj on January 09, 2011, 06:34:44 PM
Very nice pedal Brian. Just one question: how do you select the quarter/eight/dotted eight/... ?

Ok, a second one: is the PTAP accurate?

You select it with the position of the Time knob. I put the graphic on the switch so I would remember what's what :)

I'd say it's accurate enough for my purposes. I have not found any flaws in switching between the different subdivisions. Actually, I found a cool hack by placing a resistor across the Time pot. Depending on which lugs you put it on, you get an instant subdivision up or down. I didn't implement that in this build....two foot switched are enough.

Anyway, I've had the PTAP sitting around for a year....AFAIK they are not available anymore.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: bean on January 09, 2011, 06:21:27 PM
Echo Base w/ PTAP!

Sweet pedal bean. How do you fab your faceplates? Is it etched aluminum?
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

John Lyons

Looks like copper in a cool lighting. Not that the lighting is neat/cool.
But more blue than orange.  :icon_wink:
Nice looking box there Brian.
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Barcode80

Yeah I'm guessing either the lighting is makin it look silver but it's copper, or he tinned the copper and popped it in an oven (been meaning to try this), then sanded. THat's supposed to be a decent "silver" plating with solder.