Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadastronaut

no just cutting down on work... :icon_wink:

but yeah i agree..3 leds do look better... :icon_mrgreen:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Quote from: deadastronaut on February 22, 2011, 05:01:01 PM
Quote from: tasos on February 22, 2011, 04:23:48 PM
hey!i saw all of you have great lettering on yoour pedals!i draw them by hand![draw and lettering] are there any tutorials of making simple etchings besides slade's?
[which is so cool but for me is difficult :icon_razz: ]

@ tasos, no, but heres a video on how to cook sausages, hope it helps...:icon_mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVa6PAq5NGQ&feature=related

Always nice to see a girl who knows what to do with a sausage...

C'mon. You all thought it.

G. Hoffman

Quote from: tasos on February 23, 2011, 09:53:46 AM

QuoteThere's basically Slade's method, and that's it. If you take shortcuts from that method, you'll just get crappy results. Or sausage, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
i don't want to get in chemicals for etching!i am probably looking for a decal kind of finish!

Well, you could buy a small CNC machine, and spend a year learning to use it.

Or, you could buy a set of gravers, and learn hand engraving.  Ooops, just noticed they aren't using a hand graver, but a powered graver.  HERE is a guy doing it by hand.  Heck, if you get really good at it, you could even get a job at the US Mint (that's how they make the master plates for printing money).

But the chemical etching seems less trouble.  (Really, it seems harder than it actually is, and more daunting.  Once you get used to it, its not a problem.)

Gabriel

Steve Mavronis

Quote from: deadastronaut on February 23, 2011, 01:10:10 PM
yeah i agree..3 leds do look better... :icon_mrgreen:

Adding the 3 orbiting 'electron' LED's would look cool even if they are not lit. Just use 3 clear ones not wired up?
Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

elenore19

Quote from: Steve Mavronis on February 23, 2011, 09:15:21 PM
Quote from: deadastronaut on February 23, 2011, 01:10:10 PM
yeah i agree..3 leds do look better... :icon_mrgreen:

Adding the 3 orbiting 'electron' LED's would look cool even if they are not lit. Just use 3 clear ones not wired up?
An idea--
It would be a giant pain in the ass, BUT! It'd sure as hell be sweet.

First wire up a bunch of smaller LED's (3mm maybe?) along the electron paths. Then make it so the lights will make it look like the electrons orbiting around in their own respective paths. Then make it so the speed at which they go around the loop is affected by the speed of the tremolo.
Hm. I wish it was easier to do LED tricks like that...

Taylor

Quote from: elenore19 on February 23, 2011, 10:40:27 PM
An idea--

First wire up a bunch of smaller LED's (3mm maybe?) along the electron paths. Then make it so the lights will make it look like the electrons orbiting around in their own respective paths. Then make it so the speed at which they go around the loop is affected by the speed of the tremolo.

To paraphrase RG, use a PIC!

richon

I took the main idea of the R.G. switcher and the Octaswitch (Carl Martin) and took it a little further

Second test:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjOyjqvtv9M

Third test (with Audio): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH7DJWKS-i8
Richon - Ricardo
Viña del Mar
Chile
www.richon.cl

John Lyons

Very nice Ricardo!
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Slade

Yeah, very very nice for sure... a lot of work in there.

darron

rehousing original small stone guts for James Ryan, done with Shaun Klinger:

Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

deadastronaut

@elliot/steve/taylor...funny you should say that...ive just come up with a 3 way rotating led sequence circuit...looks great...
would have to be an add on pcb for now though...but yeah it looks well cool... no pic either!... :icon_wink:
i'll whack it in my gallery later....just cleaned out my pc...lots to do...and setup again.. :icon_rolleyes:

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

knealebrown

nice design Ricardo, im working on something similar myself at the moment. What voltage are you running it on btw? you seem to have a lot of options available in your unit, my design limits the routing options but for this negative i have the added advantage of it only being 7cm deep. Size was a key concern for me. Did you bend the case yourself?
''99 problems but a glitch aint one!''

richon

Quote from: knealebrown on February 24, 2011, 10:04:40 AM
nice design Ricardo, im working on something similar myself at the moment. What voltage are you running it on btw? you seem to have a lot of options available in your unit, my design limits the routing options but for this negative i have the added advantage of it only being 7cm deep. Size was a key concern for me. Did you bend the case yourself?

unit works with 9-12V (inside with 5V after the 7805 for the "brain" and relays)...  it's 14cms deep , 5 high and 56cms wide....  I could have done it smaller (but it was the first prototype)
the case was bend at a shop where the bend Alum for the drainpipes....  it's 2mm alum, really strong
Richon - Ricardo
Viña del Mar
Chile
www.richon.cl

knealebrown

great im using 2mm alu as well, whats the finished weight like? is it heavy? my relays are 12v but im running them on 9v, should be ok i hope. everything looks great.
''99 problems but a glitch aint one!''

dune2k

Quote from: knealebrown on February 24, 2011, 12:29:48 PM
great im using 2mm alu as well, whats the finished weight like? is it heavy? my relays are 12v but im running them on 9v, should be ok i hope. everything looks great.

If they work that's no problem at all. I got a boutique pedal that also uses a relay for bypassing. The manufacturer says it works at 9 and 12V (and it does). I don't think he'd say that in the manual if he'd get tons of pedals sent in for repairs. :)

g.

Quote from: John Lyons on February 22, 2011, 03:41:49 PM
"Zippy"

john !
how is humanly possible to do the wiring like that !!! ???

Superb !

John Lyons

I never claimed to be human.  :D
Thanks.
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

JKowalski

Quote from: Taylor on February 23, 2011, 10:42:40 PM
Quote from: elenore19 on February 23, 2011, 10:40:27 PM
An idea--

To paraphrase RG, use a PIC!

Or a couple 4017 decade counters.  :icon_biggrin:

The divide-by-ten output of the decade counter can be your tremolo (square wave)

You could even kill two birds with one stone and use the decade counter LED sequence output as a sine wave generator (basically weight the 10 decade counter outputs appropriately into an op amp summing junction)

deadastronaut

@chris..yeah sounds like a really good idea...ive just bought a couple of 4017's. to experiment with..never used them before though!.

any links to an appropriate circuit for them (what you was refering too)..? cheers. rob. :icon_cool:

LaceSensor

Here are the four pedals Ive made since taking up the hobby the past couple months.

Ive done a Fuzz Factory with Si transistors (socketed while I get some Ac128s, but sounds awesome regardless)
Woolly Mammoth which again sounds just like the real deal. The subs are scary on this.
Super Hard On - my first build was one of these, ive done a couple now. This is the keeper.
Wolf Computer - a schematic was assembled from the builders notes, but it doesnt sound like the real thing. Still, the box is nice, right?!

Comments welcomed, I'm learning still so be critical I might pick some hints up!

FF
Guts

WM
Guts

SHO
Guts

WC