News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galego

And people are talking about the ethics of doing clones...  :icon_lol:

Those look great, but i'm looking forward to see some with your own graphic designs.

trendyironicname

My new "pedal board friendly" 'this kingdom by the sea' fuzz. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic.

Old one was much too big and wasn't able to cut our actual logo out so had to deal with the script j.  Always a work in progress.
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

LaceSensor

Quote from: Galego on February 25, 2011, 09:53:20 AM
And people are talking about the ethics of doing clones...  :icon_lol:

Those look great, but i'm looking forward to see some with your own graphic designs.

In terms of ethics, these are for my own private consumption, not ever for sale, or built more than once (except the SHO, which I built a variant of twice to learn how to do it).
The graphics, are just cos I wanted them to look like the originals again just for my own pleasure.

The Wolf Computer decal I designed myself, with some cues from the original.

When its something very generic like a Fuzz pedal Ill make my own design...

Haddock

Hello,

i'm writing my first post here. The tap tempo tremolo...

Greetengs from Swizerland
Urs

Pigyboy

Here are a few new etched boxes. The Little Angel was my wife's Valentines present and the first etched Wee Beaver Fuzz for Dennis Kayzer.
And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

davent

Those etches look great! You really got a handle on that process in a hurry.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

frequencycentral

^^^

The Angel looks really great Chris. Amazing finish, or photoshop?  ;D
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

Pigyboy

Quote from: frequencycentral on February 25, 2011, 01:27:34 PM
^^^

The Angel looks really great Chris. Amazing finish, or photoshop?  ;D
Hi Rick,
Long time no talk to!
Can't get nothing by you. :icon_redface:
The wife took those pics and worked her mojo for the new web page.
Here it is using my amazing camera and photo technique

The finishes are turning out better and better though.
And thanks for the kind words Dave.
Cheers,
Chris
                                                            - FANG

phector2004

Quote from: Haddock on February 25, 2011, 11:24:32 AM
Hello,

i'm writing my first post here. The tap tempo tremolo...

Greetengs from Swizerland
Urs

Nice Model T's!

The Ford is nice as well  :icon_lol:

Quote from: trendyironicname on February 25, 2011, 10:12:23 AM
My new "pedal board friendly" 'this kingdom by the sea' fuzz. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic.

Old one was much too big and wasn't able to cut our actual logo out so had to deal with the script j.  Always a work in progress.

Is that a backlit logo top left?

Hides-His-Eyes

That trem is the best first build I've ever seen

Slade

Quote from: Pigyboy on February 25, 2011, 12:30:38 PM
[IMG]http://i852.photobucket.com/albums/ab86/pigyboy_2009/roses_angel2.jpg

...The Little Angel was my wife's Valentines...
Wow, Chris, that's very cool!
So polished and soft... ;D

studiostud

Quote from: Galego on February 22, 2011, 03:11:37 PM

So I have a question about the unfinished enclosure.  I noticed the LEDs around each of the pots.  Are those going to light up sequentially with the usage of the pots?  If so, how are you doing that?  Is it some sort of gate that is triggered by an amount of resistance?
Builds Completed: Big Muff. Fuzz Face. Tube Screamer. Rat. Crash Sync. Harmonic Jerkulator. 6-band EQ. Rebote 2.5. Tremulus Lune. Small Stone. Small Clone. Microamp. LPB-2. Green Ringer. Red Ranger. Orange Squeezer. SansAmp. MXR Headphone Amp. Bass Fuzz.

Pigyboy

Quote from: Slade on February 25, 2011, 02:15:04 PM

Wow, Chris, that's very cool!
So polished and soft... ;D
[/quote]
Thanks Slade,
I have been using an orbital sander to 1400 grit then hit it with the polishing wheel before I etch & drill them. Thanks again for the tutorial. I personally think your El Plexi's are coolest looking etches I have seen. I was looking at them again today ;D
Cheers,
Chris
                                                            - FANG

trendyironicname

QuoteIs that a backlit logo top left?

yeah, it's a rbg led without any green.  On the circadia, it's color mixed to dictate the rhythm but on this I just like the purple.
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Galego

Quote from: studiostud on February 25, 2011, 02:47:24 PM
So I have a question about the unfinished enclosure.  I noticed the LEDs around each of the pots.  Are those going to light up sequentially with the usage of the pots?  If so, how are you doing that?  Is it some sort of gate that is triggered by an amount of resistance?

I've made a thread about that one here:
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=89578.0

The led's aren't there for aesthetic purposes, that's a sequential tremolo, something like a ZVex Seek-trem but with a lot more options. And it's PIC driven.

Perrow

And just to show that first builds can still be simple (even non etched) I'll show my Trotsky that got a home today, still haven't got any dc jacks to it got a battery connection temporarily, and the pic is from just before I realised the board wasn't grounded  ::)

The washer is most definitely not the standard white plastic.

Didn't have time to install a led either and haven't really decided where to put it.
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

JKowalski

Quote from: deadastronaut on February 25, 2011, 04:50:04 AM
@chris..yeah sounds like a really good idea...ive just bought a couple of 4017's. to experiment with..never used them before though!.

any links to an appropriate circuit for them (what you was refering too)..? cheers. rob. :icon_cool:

Never used them before either.

As for the circuit, (i assume you mean the sine wave part) I think RG had something similar on GEOFEX...

But the concept is simple. You want to amplify the 5V output of the 4017 at different levels depending on the position.

For example, a 5-step ramp voltage output biased around 2.5V - 1st out, gain of 1 - 5v. 2nd out - gain of 0.5 - 3.75. Third out - gain of 0 - 2.5. Fourth out, gain of -0.5 - 1.25. Fifth out, gain of -1, 0v out.

Gives you a staircase down ramp. Choose the right gains for each stage and you can make any kind of waveform output (with 10 possible levels given one 4017)

You'd need alot of stages to get a good resolution but I suppose if you don't mind some amplitude as a function of frequency you can do some heavy filtering on it.

You can also link together 4017's to give a 20-step sequence but they aren't designed for it, looks like. Still, with an XOR gate chip I can see a way to do it. The only problem is that at this point you have three logic IC's just to make a sine wave AND your LED sequence is now 20-steps long which is a lot of LEDs. Maybe 10-steps is the best you can do.

It's actually becoming quite a mess here.  :icon_neutral:

guitarify

So here's my first enclosure. Was more about learning the process but it came out pretty good. It also contains my first attempt at a PCB etching as well.

Haddock

Hi,

QuoteThat trem is the best first build I've ever seen

thanx, but this isn't my first build, just the first post... :D
some of my  last builds...

Linear Booster

MXR noise gate 1.3

MXR noise gate 1.2

MXR phase 45 / 90 and noise gate 1.1

Urs

tasos

Quote from: Haddock on February 26, 2011, 01:31:56 AM
Hi,

QuoteThat trem is the best first build I've ever seen

thanx, but this isn't my first build, just the first post... :D
some of my  last builds...

MXR phase 45 / 90 and noise gate 1.1

Urs

your wiring reminds me of super mario tubes!!!!hahhahah great!awesome etchings....what do you use for them?