www.basicaudio.net/

bean

It's a Pearl Octaver!

Magnus

QuoteLooking great!

Thank you :)

It sounds great also...
...and it took 10 hours (!) at least for matching transistors in this circuit
- the TB MKI is a beast at fine-tuning I think!!!

Greetings
Magnus
AMZ Booster, Dist. +, DOD 250,
Dr. Boogey, Fuzz Face's, JCM800-Emu, LPB1,
May Booster, Obsidian, Orange T/B-Booster,
Pentaboost, Prof. Tweed, Rangemaster's,
SansAmp GT2, Superfly (Amp), Guv'nor,
Tone Bender MKI/MKII/MKIII, TS 808

Barcode80

:o :o :o

Bean, am I to understand you are going to do a run of pearl octaver boards? If so, I owe you dinner. The layout from Gauss Markov's site uses SMD, and I just can't bring myself to order SMD versions of components I already own in through-hole...

jacobyjd

Quote from: Barcode80 on February 28, 2011, 12:45:13 PM

Bean, am I to understand you are going to do a run of pearl octaver boards? If so, I owe you dinner. The layout from Gauss Markov's site uses SMD, and I just can't bring myself to order SMD versions of components I already own in through-hole...

Bean, if this is true, you are my hero. Any chance of a demo? I've looked over the circuit before, and it looks REALLY cool, but I've always been curious about its sound. All the current videos are pretty crappy. Either way, it's a nice-looking build!
Warsaw, Indiana's poetic love rock band: http://www.bellwethermusic.net

bean

Quote from: Barcode80 on February 28, 2011, 12:45:13 PM

Ha ha, not necessary. I've wanted to put this one together for quite a while. Fired up the first time, too! The only issue I'm experiencing is a little glitchyness on the first octave down. I don't know if that's normal per the design or not. I'm going to swap out some other CD4013s and see if that improves it. I will be doing a run of these in a couple of weeks. I will also be doing a demo of it later this week.

nocentelli

Glitchyness, or tracking? My og OC-07 tracks pretty well on the -1 oct, or at least as well as something comparable like the Boss OC-2.

Also, +1 on a run of boards for it: I'm sure there are plenty of people who are looking to make one (I did consider the gaussmarkov project before I bottled it and shelled out for a real one), and I suppose there aren't many other +1/-1/-2 octavers out there.
Quote from: kayceesqueeze on the back and never open it up again

bean

Quote from: nocentelli on February 28, 2011, 03:03:59 PM
Glitchyness, or tracking? My og OC-07 tracks pretty well on the -1 oct, or at least as well as something comparable like the Boss OC-2.

It tracks very well on single notes, ie staccato and palm mute playing. If you let a clean note just ring out, it glitches a bit (drops pitch, etc).

Hides-His-Eyes

oh my god bean you mad, beautiful man.

elenore19

Bean-
Please please please do a run of these boards. I would definitely buy at least 3 or 4. Easy.
Great work!!

John Lyons

That looks great Brian! I like the cut board. Look nice with the knobs. Nice one.

Here's my latest. Diamond back rattler skin. .45 shell knobs and switch cap.

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Fishface

mattthegamer463

Custom for a gun-toting client I presume?

Keppy

I built a tonepad Green Ringer for my wife (the name and finish were her choices...if you couldn't guess :)). It was my first pedal build, my first pcb etch, and the first thing I put on my breadboard.

The enclosure is a 1590G from PPP (I won't use one of these again, they're WAY too small for a stompbox...there's no room for a battery, and I couldn't even put the jacks straight across from each other) in the Raspberry Vein finish. Lettering done via a water slide decal printed on stock from Small Bear coated over with Minwax.

"Electrons go where I tell them to go." - wavley

azrael

Madbean, are you making Pearl Octave pedals now?

I would totally buy one from you! :D

MarcoMike

+1 for the pearl octaver board!!!
Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible.

Magnus

Hello,

@John Lyons:
One year ago i had the same idea with the bullet-shell,
but you used a bigger one with the shell going directly over the switch,
I used a smaller one with some shrink-tubing to fix it - both look good :)

Greetings
Magnus
AMZ Booster, Dist. +, DOD 250,
Dr. Boogey, Fuzz Face's, JCM800-Emu, LPB1,
May Booster, Obsidian, Orange T/B-Booster,
Pentaboost, Prof. Tweed, Rangemaster's,
SansAmp GT2, Superfly (Amp), Guv'nor,
Tone Bender MKI/MKII/MKIII, TS 808

ddpawel

Quote from: Keppy on February 28, 2011, 08:01:49 PM
I built a tonepad Green Ringer for my wife (the name and finish were her choices...if you couldn't guess :)). It was my first pedal build, my first pcb etch, and the first thing I put on my breadboard.

The enclosure is a 1590G from PPP (I won't use one of these again, they're WAY too small for a stompbox...there's no room for a battery, and I couldn't even put the jacks straight across from each other) in the Raspberry Vein finish. Lettering done via a water slide decal printed on stock from Small Bear coated over with Minwax.

What a man will do for fuzz  ;)

bean

Quote from: azrael on March 01, 2011, 03:16:26 AM
Madbean, are you making Pearl Octave pedals now?

I would totally buy one from you! :D

Hi azrael, thanks but I actually don't make any pedals for sale. But, once I get some minor issues ironed out there will be a PCB for it at a very reasonable price. I don't usually plug myself here, but I know that there have been a number of DIYSB members that have been wanting to build this, so hopefully it's okay to mention that.

Xavier

I'm building this overdrive as a gift for Ian Bairnson, one of the best session players in Europe and mostly known by his work in The Alan Parsons Project.

It is basically a BluesBreaker using -more or less- MarkM's layout on perfboard, and a Rat , usin Gaussmarkov's layout adapted for perfboard. The additional switches are the usual ones for different clipping and input caps.

I have children at home so no chemicals. The top layer is a laminated photo paper print. It is held in place by the pots and switches. The box is a 1590C if I'm not wrong