News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xavier

Just finalized the brother pedal to my previous IB Drive, this is the XM Drive.

Pic of the IB Drive just to have them side to side

It's just a 2 channel drive..........Side "RA" is a Barber LTD Silver, as per my own perf layout. The 2 switches is the usual sym / assym clip switch, and 2nd is a mid boost.

Channel 1 is a Rat which I did with a TL072, since I didn't have any single opamp, which for whatever reason to me it sounds better than the previous I built using a real mojo'ed LM308N  ;D.

I will NEVER EVER use perfboard again unless it's a small and simple circuit. The perfoard I used before was of a spanish brand I can't remember, but you could see through it, so from the component side somehow you could follow the traces. This time I bought perf from Banzai, -which is totally opaque- , and it has been a small nightmare. I really start hating perf..............

a soBer Newt

Fuzz Face
DSCN44572 by asobernewt,
used layout by IvIark. Main output sounds like butt but when tapped off the output of the second gain stage directly sound pretty sick.

davent

Thanks guys! Just exploring some different ideas.

Quote from: snarblinge on March 14, 2011, 01:20:50 AM
nice, love the black on black nice font, what is it?

Looking back on it that, does have potential, if i could just keep the floaties and flecking out of the black paint. The lighter colour in that is actually frisket film stuck on the black enclosure waiting for next colour to be shot. Was eventually scrubbed back down to the primer.

The font's AIFragment.

Quote from: John Lyons on March 14, 2011, 11:58:43 AM

Those looks good Dave. I like the colors and soft gloss/texture.

Unfortunately those nice qualities are there because there's no clearcoat yet. The paint is a waterbased acrylic so has no durabilty what-so-ever when naked.

That second picture has frisket film over all the lettering and masking tape around the outside in prep for spraying metalflake and you can see that in the last picture, frisket film still protecting the letters. Next step was to cut another mask using frisket film so could shoot drop-shadows for the letters. After considerable time spent slicing away, seperated the film from the backing and the film had no adhesive, useless! Took it back to the store and much to their surprise, their stock was no good so had to get something different. That was last June and haven't touched it since... someday... will be continued... 

Went and built an amp instead to lift myself back up.

Take care,
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

LaceSensor

Quote from: LaceSensor on March 14, 2011, 06:07:11 AM
Just put this together yesterday.
Its a WH Red Llama and Dan Armstrong Green Ringer in series (independantly switchable).

Not finished the outside yet, gonna decide on a name and some graphics of my own this time.

Demo, and I added the filter switch...
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZXRsdmx07RY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXRsdmx07RY

roseblood11

This is inspired by John Lyons:

Catalinbread Formula No. 5

guts: http://forum.musikding.de/cpg/albums/userpics/23524/cat_guts.jpg
layout: http://forum.musikding.de/cpg/albums/userpics/23524/formula_5-final.gif

The best sounding overdrive that I´ve ever built. The switch adds an excellent high gain lead sound.
Highly recommended!!!

Steve Mavronis

Very nice! How do you get that fabric/skin to fit so tight at the corners?
Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Steve Mavronis on March 15, 2011, 08:51:54 AM

My guess is two KEY ingredients:

1) A LOT of glue!
2) A LOT of patience!  :icon_lol:
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Liquitone

That sure looks sweet! I'm guessing its a led under the jewel lamp cover? and if so does it illuminate the whole jewel thingy well?

John Lyons

Looks great Roseblood!
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Thomeeque

Hello, my latest creation - simple passive 4-state volume selector with not-so-simple active status LED driverTM :)

It's a kinda experiment - when playing I need to be sometimes louder, sometimes (rarely ;)) quieter, most time at normal volume and sometimes muted (when tuning), I had buy classic volume pedal to achieve all this, but even after year of use I did not master it to the level where I would quickly and reliably select right level - I had to readjust very often and it led to loss of concentration on guitar playing itself.. So I have decided to try this (all states I need, relatively simple control logic, quick look at tri-color LED clearly determines selected state and it's smaller and lighter too) :)

T.
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

Joecool85

Quote from: Thomeeque on March 15, 2011, 12:17:47 PM
Hello, my latest creation - simple passive 4-state volume selector with not-so-simple active status LED driverTM :)

Neat!
Life is what you make it.
https://www.ssguitar.com

bluesman1218

@ Tomas - sounds like a nice project. Unfortunately, I can't view your pics for some reason.
It's all about the tone!
Steve

POPA - Plain Old Power Attenuator AVAILABLE for PURCHASE soon!
Silvertone 1482 rebuilt - switchable Tweed, tube reverb, Baxandall + / Little Angel Chorus build, tons of Modded pedals

Thomeeque

Thanks, guys! I would not mind to give more info, if you are interested..

Quote from: bluesman1218 on March 15, 2011, 03:14:09 PM
Unfortunately, I can't view your pics for some reason.

Oh, that's weird - please try this link..
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

roseblood11

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on March 15, 2011, 09:15:09 AM
Quote from: Steve Mavronis on March 15, 2011, 08:51:54 AM

My guess is two KEY ingredients:

1) A LOT of glue!
2) A LOT of patience!  :icon_lol:

No, using too much glue would ruin everything. Just a little bit of contact cement. And you don´t need patience, because you have to work quite quick...
It´s not really perfect, because I was lazy and made the small sides overlapping... Have a look at Johns enclosures, the corners look much better at most of them.
This was my first try and because of that I used a piece of used tolex from an old Carvin amp. I had to peel off the fabric from the backside of the tolex, because it was soaked with old glue.
The jewel light is a very cheap part (http://www.banzaimusic.com/Jewel-Full-Assembly-Red.html), I only used the chrome parts, like this:
http://forum.musikding.de/cpg/albums/userpics/23524/jewellight.jpg
The LED is a 10mm clear red, fixed with hot glue.

ashcat_lt

My first post in this thread.  Not nearly as fancy as some of the others around here.  It's my third working active build, and it's got real wood!

(Treble) Boost A/B

Details here.

Galego

mathewglenn

Quote from: a soBer Newt on March 14, 2011, 09:21:51 PM
Fuzz Face
DSCN44572 by asobernewt,
used layout by IvIark. Main output sounds like butt but when tapped off the output of the second gain stage directly sound pretty sick.

Is it just me, or does that fuzz face look quite literally like a face?

mathewglenn

GodSaveMetal

Well my picture of a moded FX86 from a blog in JAPAN i made it in a land that is no 3pdt footswitch; that is no aluminiun cases and you have to invent it all is DIY BY MYSELF:

GodSaveMetal

A variation of the last pedal I post It's a Ge clipping an other presentation of the FX86: