News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GodSaveMetal

More pedals to come; he fabulous MARK FARNER sound; sorry no sound for this!!!!  :icon_redface: it's the FUZZ FARNER:

GodSaveMetal

And finally a special BASS BALLS with tree knobs:

GodSaveMetal

Don't cry the last one a cloned DIRTY BOMB!!!!!:

tasos

godsavemetal...this is greaaat!the switch is handcrafted right?is it a 3pdt or dpdt?or something else probably? :icon_razz:
would you mind posting the recipe? :icon_razz: :icon_razz:

knealebrown

what the shit are those switches?  :o
''99 problems but a glitch aint one!''

amptramp

GodSaveMetal, could we see some gutshots and details of how you fabricated the stompswitch?  I like the idea of having an alternative to the low quality standard 3PDT switch.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: GodSaveMetal on March 16, 2011, 01:59:44 AM

Quote from: knealebrown on March 16, 2011, 10:26:48 AM
what the sh*t are those switches?  :o

I am guessing that they are probably just a grounding switch that operates a flip-flop circuit like most off-the-shelf pedals today. Not "true bypass."
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

jefe

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on March 16, 2011, 10:32:13 AM
I am guessing that they are probably just a grounding switch that operates a flip-flop circuit like most off-the-shelf pedals today. Not "true bypass."

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but it could be a millenium bypass, which is "true bypass", no? (just not mechanical true bypass)

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: jefe on March 16, 2011, 10:37:16 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but it could be a millenium bypass, which is "true bypass", no? (just not mechanical true bypass)

TOUCHE sir.... I obviously have not had enough coffee this morning.  :icon_lol:

It could be a millenium bypass as well.
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America

Perrow

It could also potentially be a flip-flop operating a relay for true bypass.
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

GodSaveMetal

No my dear friends there are a DIY 3dpt switches!!! there are pure hand made!!!! whit two switches one 6 pin switch and the other 3 pin switch lets made some mat here we have a 2dpt + single switch = 3dpt!!!!!! it's the real recipe no magic formulas no extravaganza!!! it's pure DIYer made; do it yourself!!!!! Here is the 2dpt switch:

And the single switch:

The mechanical reduction force part:

The PCB mounted switch with the mechanical reduction force part:

All the parts jointed:

I named it 3dpt MADE IN PERÚ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bean

This is still a work in progress!

tuckster

The valvecaster...
Second pic is a non working version with everything soldered to the socket.
i forgot to remove the pot scale rings befor the printer did his job...
  • SUPPORTER

GodSaveMetal

Quote from: bean on March 16, 2011, 12:40:38 PM
This is still a work in progress!

It's fantastic a tree axis router, performance computer designer!!! I want one of these!!!! no etching PCB pure computer design!!!!!!!!! it's great idea!!! you made this how??????

GodSaveMetal

More pedals on the road; a LITTLE ANGEL CHORUS:

earthtonesaudio

*posts in epic page*

slacker

Quote from: GodSaveMetal on March 16, 2011, 12:34:33 PM

That's absolutely brilliant, nice work :)

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: tuckster on March 16, 2011, 12:41:11 PM
The valvecaster...

How were you able to mount the tube socket? Was it bolted to a small piece of metal, then glued to the enclosure  ???

GodSaveMetal

Quote from: slacker on March 16, 2011, 01:49:37 PM
Quote from: GodSaveMetal on March 16, 2011, 12:34:33 PM

That's absolutely brilliant, nice work :)

Thanks my friend; the necessities is the mother of inventions!!!!! and these is!!!!!!

tuckster

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on March 16, 2011, 01:53:51 PM
How were you able to mount the tube socket? Was it bolted to a small piece of metal, then glued to the enclosure  ???

The socket had a middle connector which I pulled out and I put a screw through this hole to connect the socket to a spacing bolt or distance bold or whatever the english name is for these guys. The one with two holes on the right side. Some people put LED inside the socket hole I instead used a screw to get a solid connection to the enclosure.
Ad of course theres another screw on the outside of the enclosure.
  • SUPPORTER