News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tasos

great jacob!really loved all your pedals!tha lettering is sooo clean! ;D and a friend of mine would buy the avenged sevenfold boogie for 1000000$ :icon_razz: haha he really loves the band!
now i have some questions please for all you guys experienced with germanium transistors....there are many circuits there but they don't mention models of the trans...they only say pnp or npn germanium....could you please give me some models? ;D
i have an af239...would this be used somewhere?
i saw you guys using axial caps!does it really make a difference in sound or is it just outlook stuff?

danielzink

Quote from: jkokura on March 20, 2011, 12:24:23 AM

The Echobase. 10 points if you can guess what all the images are.

Jacob

Rebel Alliance, Galactic Empire, Jedi Order,Sith

Where's my prize  ;D

Dan

arma61

Hi m8s

a new one, an MI Audio Crunch Box

and, for the peeping toms among you  :D  :D ,  the guts 

"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

jkokura

Quote from: danielzink on March 20, 2011, 09:24:28 AM

Where's my prize  ;D

Dan

Oooh Dan, you're close, but you'll have to be more specific on the last.

And the thanks guys, I appreciate the compliments. You can tell you Avenged Sevenfold fan friend he can email me if he wants to know how to get one!

Jacob

jkokura

Quote from: tasos on March 20, 2011, 07:34:52 AM
now i have some questions please for all you guys experienced with germanium transistors....there are many circuits there but they don't mention models of the trans...they only say pnp or npn germanium....could you please give me some models? ;D
i have an af239...would this be used somewhere?
i saw you guys using axial caps!does it really make a difference in sound or is it just outlook stuff?

Also, the Germ caps might require you to do some research. PNP and NPN are different polarities, which means that the individual pins do similar things but in a different order. You should not use an NPN when you're required to use a PNP, it won't work, and Ge transistors are sensitive enough that you might damage one doing that.

That said, I can tell you that if you're looking for a list of each type that list would be very, very long. Really though, the number designation doesn't matter as much as the sound. Try your tranny out, then let us know if it sounds good or not! Look up the datasheet to know if it's a PNP or an NPN, and then find a circuit you want to use it in.

Also, the Axial caps aren't really any different than radial ones, it's just they're in a different configuration. Sometimes we use them because they look different, sometimes it's because they usually can handle a higher voltage.

Hope that helps.

Jacob

danielzink

Quote from: jkokura on March 20, 2011, 01:59:32 PM
Quote from: danielzink on March 20, 2011, 09:24:28 AM

Where's my prize  ;D

Dan

Oooh Dan, you're close, but you'll have to be more specific on the last.

And the thanks guys, I appreciate the compliments. You can tell you Avenged Sevenfold fan friend he can email me if he wants to know how to get one!

Jacob

<sigh>

Sith Empire.

Head of State: Dark Lord of the Sith (Jen'ari)
Capital:  *Ziost *Korriban 
Official language:  Sith
Date of establishment:  6,900 BBY

Do I get my nerd badge now ?  ;D

olivero1

QuoteSith Empire.

Holy Nerf Herder, and I thought I knew Star Wars!
Sometimes my shadow leads | or it follows me
but we never seem | to become one | and the same

tasos

Also, the Germ caps  ???

That said, I can tell you that if you're looking for a list of each type that list would be very, very long. Really though, the number designation doesn't matter as much as the sound. Try your tranny out, then let us know if it sounds good or not! Look up the datasheet to know if it's a PNP or an NPN, and then find a circuit you want to use it in.

Hope that helps.

Jacob
[/quote]
i need some models so i can ask them in my electronic store!don't really care about the sound just making a begining!
what are germanium caps?really now....i have heard about germ trans and diodes!but caps?

i am planing my next pedal....in case you care this is how it is going to look like! ;D
http://img535.imageshack.us/i/1000097n.jpg/

trad3mark

heh! just thought of a fun idea for a tube screamer:

what you guys think? :D

phector2004

Make it into the switch?

trad3mark

thats far to advanced for me to be honest. It does fit nicely on a box between the footswitch and the knobs though. I just found it lying around from an old ibanez speedster II, so i thought it'd look cool on an 808 clone.

GodSaveMetal

Quote from: .Mike on March 19, 2011, 07:55:46 PM
Quote from: GodSaveMetal on March 19, 2011, 06:59:56 PMplease post the layout and PCB of this pedal!!! thanks a lot!!!!
Since it is a current production pedal, I posted it over at the other forum... page 11 of the Compulator topic. :icon_wink:
The link please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GodSaveMetal

JKOKURA goodness what a real work there nice pedals all of them!!!!!!

HOTTUBES

Ok    Don't laugh !! 

No BS , this is my first pedal !!!!

Its a SHO Clone !!

GodSaveMetal

Quote from: HOTTUBES on March 20, 2011, 10:49:48 PM
Ok    Don't laugh !! 

Its a SHO Clone !!

OK it's so pretty!!!!!!

a soBer Newt

Quote from: HOTTUBES on March 20, 2011, 10:49:48 PM
Ok    Don't laugh !! 

Its a SHO Clone !!
I like it everyone starts somewhere much better than my first build

jkokura

Quote from: danielzink on March 20, 2011, 02:40:18 PM
<sigh>

Sith Empire.

Do I get my nerd badge now ?  ;D

Heck yes you do. Dan, you're the man. Also, I'm seeing lots of Zink effects out there in Interweb land. Good for you.

Quote from: olivero1 on March 20, 2011, 03:36:10 PM
Holy Nerf Herder, and I thought I knew Star Wars!

Yes, you thought you did. But geeks like Dan and I far outweigh you. Join with us and learn the powers of the Geek side.

Also, you can just use google to find Wookieepedia. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_Empire

Jacob

jkokura

Quote from: tasos on March 20, 2011, 03:37:11 PM
Also, the Germ caps  ???

Yeah, my mistake. That should have read 'Germ Transistors.' Sorry.

Jacob

glops

Two color etching this time, a Foxx Tone Machine for a friend.

Taylor

Whoa. Awesome. I bet that was fun to mask for paint!