News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kearns892

Metalero, did you design the Tube Screamer image yourself, or find it somewhere? It is very funny. Good work.

Govmnt_Lacky

Kinda looks like a screaming green tube to me...  :icon_rolleyes:
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Galego

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on April 06, 2011, 02:38:56 PM

That's probably what it is...

Kearns892

I know it's an easy joke, but the 3D look of the image is what really intrigued me.

bluesman1218

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on April 06, 2011, 02:38:56 PM

Love it!
It's all about the tone!
Steve

POPA - Plain Old Power Attenuator AVAILABLE for PURCHASE soon!
Silvertone 1482 rebuilt - switchable Tweed, tube reverb, Baxandall + / Little Angel Chorus build, tons of Modded pedals

Marcos Camara

Box I painted for my Rebote Delay 2.5

jimmybjj

Quote from: Marcos Camara on April 07, 2011, 03:12:14 PM
Box I painted for my Rebote Delay 2.5

looks really great!!! what kind paint did you use? Acrylic or oil?  I've tried several oil based paint without much success.

Marcos Camara

I used oil paint. The secret is in clean water and the chemical agent.

jimmybjj

Quote from: Marcos Camara on April 08, 2011, 07:17:45 AM

is there any chance that you would be willing share some of those "secrets" and/or maybe a mini-tutorial?  :icon_biggrin:

arma61

Hi guys

my last 3 works (of which I'm quite proud of !  ;D )

YMJ308 (no, "pover" isn't a mistake, is a northern italy dialectal word for "poor"  :D)

BSIAB2 with controur knob (I need the 4th one for my ("fake") logo, 4KFX!)

Rebote 2.5 with resonance knob (same as above)

"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

davent

Quote from: jimmybjj on April 08, 2011, 10:25:15 AM

is there any chance that you would be willing share some of those "secrets" and/or maybe a mini-tutorial?  :icon_biggrin:

As is so often the case... Geofex! http://www.geofex.com/Article_Folders/swirlpaint/swirlpnt.htm

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

Steve Mavronis

Quote from: arma61 on April 08, 2011, 12:03:08 PM

Very nice! Any gut shots of the insides?
Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

jimmybjj

Quote from: davent on April 08, 2011, 12:06:58 PM
Quote from: jimmybjj on April 08, 2011, 10:25:15 AM

As is so often the case... Geofex! http://www.geofex.com/Article_Folders/swirlpaint/swirlpnt.htm

dave

thanks for the link Dave. I have read that particular one. I just didn't get the results that I was looking for and was looking for a more/different insite.

arma61

Quote from: Steve Mavronis on April 08, 2011, 01:19:27 PM

Very nice! Any gut shots of the insides?

thx Steve, here you are..

.... ok, less proud of !  ;D  ;D  ;D

"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

Steve Mavronis

Quote from: arma61 on April 08, 2011, 02:34:15 PM

Cool, what board layout did you use for the YJM308 clone and how do you like it? Nice work.
Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

Fender3D

Hi guys

YMJ308 (no, "pover" isn't a mistake, is a northern italy dialectal word for "poor"  :D)

Confirm, correct italian is "diversamente ricco"  ;D
"NOT FLAMMABLE" is not a challenge

arma61

Quote from: Steve Mavronis on April 08, 2011, 02:45:19 PM
Quote from: arma61 on April 08, 2011, 02:34:15 PM

Cool, what board layout did you use for the YJM308 clone and how do you like it? Nice work.

It's "my own" layout, most probably "copied" from the net! (don't remember, the file was saved last on 2008!) , what I do normally is redraw the schematic in ExpressSch then look on the net for a PCB layout and then in ExpressPCB create the new layout adjusting it to my needs, some time adding caps in parellel due to missing values in my bins, like 2x 470nF instead of 1uF!. I did also the 250 from your layout, in this case it's just a copy!, also downloaded your ExpressPCB components file, I like those resistors!! thx m8!!

In this case the YJM308 is hand made in the "old fashion" way , you know ...carbon paper,  and PCB pen, flux on the tracks and tinned them.

Cannot comment on the 308' sound, don't have the right setup and playing techincs to comment about, I use it sometime as a booster, with a little bit of gain, in front of my highway89, and I like it.

Cheers

arma61

Quote from: Fender3D on April 08, 2011, 03:00:16 PM
Hi guys

Confirm, correct italian is "diversamente ricco"  ;D

LOL!!  :D  :D  :D

Steve Mavronis

Quote from: arma61 on April 08, 2011, 03:38:23 PMIt's "my own" layout... what I do normally is redraw the schematic in ExpressSch then look on the net for a PCB layout and then in ExpressPCB create the new layout adjusting it to my needs, some time adding caps in parellel due to missing values in my bins, like 2x 470nF instead of 1uF!. I did also the 250 from your layout, in this case it's just a copy!, also downloaded your ExpressPCB components file, I like those resistors!! thx m8!!

Cool another ExpressPCB user! Thanks, I'll have to update that parts file since I'm always revising them.

darron

had a 1590A enclosure lying around and really felt like using it!

i made up a board for a GE buffer... didn't really like it.

so today i recycled the parts and started again and made a FET buffer!

the finish is a vintage candy apple with a metallic base coat. the text is metallic silver. after that there's about 6 coats of polyurethane clear.

with the primer, that's 4 kinds of paint... really love how this guy turned out! though i have no actual use for a buffer right now, it's fun to build stuff on your saturday from beginning to end...

Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!