SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galego

Quote from: Dirk_Hendrik on April 17, 2011, 01:00:36 PM

And, written before, but again.
As this is an infringement on the EHX trade dress it  will not be produced and should be considered (a full functional) parody.

Holy crap!  :o

Slade

^^^^
+1!!!!

BTW... 800 pages!!!! :o

tasos

Quote from: Slade on April 17, 2011, 02:50:32 PM

BTW... 800 pages!!!! :o
weekends are soooo good for diyers aren't they? ;D
unfortunately it is raining here so i can't proceed with my painting!  :-\ diystompboxes is my only company! :icon_razz:

ayayay!

Update on SpaceMan Spiff!  Added a Tillman at the end.  Made for some uglier guts, but the sound is what's important, right?   :icon_twisted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-XQESNIrmc

The people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

phector2004

Sounds a lot better with the Tillman!

ayayay!

Yeah no kidding!  I like how it doesn't bleed into the other pedals now too.  Dual benefit!  :)
The people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

britpeace

Quote from: phector2004 on April 16, 2011, 10:51:35 PM
Quote from: britpeace on April 16, 2011, 10:08:39 PM

Fridge Buzz! obviously, Fuzz Factory clone :P  ... if anybody guesses the title reference, you get a long distance high five!!! and it's hand-painted :)

Nice builds! Your Fuzz Factory looks like an authentic ZVex pedal

How'd you get the acrylic to stay on the enclosures? I forced employed my girlfriend to paint one for me, but it rubbed off the very next day

Hey! thanks, thant's a great compliment. haha. And over top of the acrylic, we used brush-on polycrylic for this one, because the paint has a gloss finish. If we use flat spray paint than we use rustoleum gloss clear over the art.

britpeace

Quote from: bean on April 16, 2011, 11:21:24 PM
Quote... if anybody guesses the title reference, you get a long distance high five!!!

Thom Yorke once referred to modern rock sounding like a "refrigerator buzzing". Do I wins?

Haha! Yes!! you got the actual reference from the "meeting people is easy" documentary, not just the song! haha. Luke thought of naming it that. (he's the one that built all of those, I just paint them)  high five Brian! :P

britpeace

Quote from: rockhorst on April 17, 2011, 10:36:06 AM
@Phector2004: what did you print the Stolen Pickle graphic on, before ironing? (I'm done with waterslide, desperately looking for alternatives  ;D)

haha.. it's all good. We printed it on glossy finish laser paper. You just reverse the image, and print it with a laser printer. You have to iron it for like 15 minutes at the least though. And we brushed on polycrylic, which makes the image as dark as it's supposed to be. It's pretty cool to see it turn out. And we kinda just discovered that technique out of curiosity. haha. good luck! :)

lazerphea

Rebote delay 2.5

Guts:

;)

Skruffyhound

That Rebote worked out just great Paolo. Congrats

Steve Mavronis

Quote from: lazerphea on April 18, 2011, 04:05:46 PM
Rebote delay 2.5

Oh I very much love this pedal's graphics and layout. I'm so much into dinosuars and you picked an accurate representation based on the newest paleontology evidence! Which theropod species is this reconstruction artwork of?
Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

lazerphea

Quote from: Skruffyhound on April 18, 2011, 04:19:00 PM
That Rebote worked out just great Paolo. Congrats
Thanks man!! :)

lazerphea

Quote from: Steve Mavronis on April 18, 2011, 04:21:50 PM
Quote from: lazerphea on April 18, 2011, 04:05:46 PM
Rebote delay 2.5

Oh I very much love this pedal's graphics and layout. I'm so much into dinosuars and you picked an accurate representation based on the newest paleontology evidence! Which theropod species is this reconstruction artwork of?
Hi Steve! Dinosaurs are a passion I had since I was a little child! :) I sincerely don't know which species is the one depicted in the drawing, but here's the link to the original: http://www.projectexploration.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/1-Raptorex-flesh-drawing1.jpg

:)

arma61

love the dino as well, and I also love that lables font!

nice job m8

A

"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

markeebee

Proxy post.......my 13 year old son Sportswear Mashup tried to get some pocket money leverage by showing some interest in dad's waste of time, and made his first Fuzzface. All his own work:

Can't imagine where he got the inspiration for the name Angry Nerd.

lazerphea

Quote from: arma61 on April 18, 2011, 04:45:46 PM

love the dino as well, and I also love that lables font!

nice job m8

A

Thanks!! :)

Steve Mavronis

Quote from: lazerphea on April 18, 2011, 04:28:27 PM
Hi Steve! Dinosaurs are a passion I had since I was a little child! :) I sincerely don't know which species is the one depicted in the drawing

Ah, Raptorex. Here's an article about it:

Raptorex shows that T.rex body plan evolved at 100th the size
http://scienceblogs.com/notrocketscience/2009/09/raptorex_tiny_king_of_thieves_shows_how_tyrannosaurus_body_p.php

QuoteRaptorex, the "king of thieves". It's a new species of dinosaur that looks, for all intents and purposes¸ like the mighty Tyrannosaurus rex, complete with large, powerful skull and tiny, comical forearms. But there's one very important difference - it's 100 times smaller. Unlike the ever-shrinking world of music players and phones, it seems that evolution crafted tyrannosaur technology with much smaller specifications before enlarging the design into the giant predators of the late Cretaceous. Raptorex is a new species of meat-eating dinosaur, discovered in northwest China...

Another cool graphic for your next pedal?

Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

Slade

Today's work:

Well... not quite... I etched/painted the box yesterday... I mounted everything today ;D

Cheers!