SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fender3D

Quote from: Dirk_Hendrik on April 17, 2011, 01:00:36 PM
OK. Don't post pics that often.
A tryout, just to to see that it can be done.

and guts

And, written before, but again.
As this is an infringement on the EHX trade dress it  will not be produced and should be considered (a full functional) parody.

Sorry to bump the amazing pictures again and again...
Please Dirk tell me:
did you sold the jack sockets after boxing it all or what???????

:icon_mad: :icon_mad: :icon_mad:
"NOT FLAMMABLE" is not a challenge

arma61

I wander about that too, look also at this

look like enclosed jacks but with the nuts "coming from outside".... it's a couple of days I'm searching about them but cannot find any clear description... I think some wah pedal have the same, IIRC Beringher Hellbabe.

Really great jobs IK.
Ciao

"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

Insanekane

Quote from: arma61 on April 19, 2011, 01:51:35 PM
I wander about that too, look also at this
look like enclosed jacks but with the nuts "coming from outside".... it's a couple of days I'm searching about them but cannot find any clear description... I think some wah pedal have the same, IIRC Beringher Hellbabe.
Really great jobs IK.
Ciao

Thank you.

It looks like Dirk had to solder them afterwards.
http://www.cliffusa.com/info.asp?ID=386

These are the ones I used, or same kind, so I could solder them before I boxed that thing.:
http://www.cliffusa.com/info.asp?ID=547

Check out those datasheets.

arma61

Thx IK  ;) ,

still wonder how do I recognize them among the others, is just because the metal nut?

could this one be the same ? description says only "6,3mm Mono jack metal hex nut"

IK, where do you buy them from in EU ?

thx
Ciao

"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

tasos

Quote from: arma61 on April 19, 2011, 02:57:16 PM

well....my local electronic stores have them!

Insanekane

could this one be the same ? description says only "6,3mm Mono jack metal hex nut"
thx
Ciao

I bought them from musikding, and those in the picture are the ones I used.

tiges_ tendres

Thx IK  ;) ,

still wonder how do I recognize them among the others, is just because the metal nut?

thx
Ciao

Nut is misleading.  It's not just a nut, the thread is probably 1/4 to 1/2 and inch long and screws into the plastic housing.  The nut in this instance is 'male' if you like and the jack itself is the lucky lady.

Dirk's jacks are threaded with the nut on the outside, but it would be possible to solder one jack in place prior to installation, and the other once the board was in.  I think that would be easier too.
Try a little tenderness.

GodSaveMetal

Quote from: Insanekane on April 19, 2011, 01:36:14 PM
Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on April 19, 2011, 01:22:19 PM
Quote from: Insanekane on April 19, 2011, 12:37:47 PM

You HAVE to share your secret for these phenomenal etches.  :o

These are really the ONLY etches that I have seen lately that can rival the GREAT Slade!  :D

Those Slade's multicolor etches is just something that I'm not even gonna try after that amanita-disaster.
Don't have the patience for it.
My secret is that etch 10 enclosures per week and post only those that comes out nicely  :D
But seriously, instructions are out there and then it's just practice. And really strong etch.

One more, modded bender:

YEAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please tell us your etching secrets!!! wwwooooohhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

arma61

Quote from: tasos on April 19, 2011, 03:01:56 PM

well....my local electronic stores have them!

Lucky you!!  :D

Quote from: Insanekane on April 19, 2011, 03:25:40 PM
thx
Ciao

I bought them from musikding, and those in the picture are the ones I used.

great, so at the end I've got the right ones, going place an order now!
Thx

Quote from: tiges_ tendres on April 19, 2011, 03:30:11 PM
Nut is misleading.  It's not just a nut, the thread is probably 1/4 to 1/2 and inch long and screws into the plastic housing.  The nut in this instance is 'male' if you like and the jack itself is the lucky lady.

:D  ;)

Quote from: tiges_ tendres on April 19, 2011, 03:30:11 PM
Nut is misleading.  It's not just a nut, the thread is probably 1/4 to 1/2 and inch long and screws into the plastic housing.  The nut in this instance is 'male' if you like and the jack itself is the lucky lady.

Dirk's jacks are threaded with the nut on the outside, but it would be possible to solder one jack in place prior to installation, and the other once the board was in.  I think that would be easier too.

though must be a pita when you need to reopen it !

Galego

Insanekane

Quote from: GodSaveMetal on April 19, 2011, 07:10:50 PM
Quote from: Insanekane on April 19, 2011, 01:36:14 PM
Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on April 19, 2011, 01:22:19 PM

You HAVE to share your secret for these phenomenal etches.  :o

These are really the ONLY etches that I have seen lately that can rival the GREAT Slade!  :D

Those Slade's multicolor etches is just something that I'm not even gonna try after that amanita-disaster.
Don't have the patience for it.
My secret is that etch 10 enclosures per week and post only those that comes out nicely  :D
But seriously, instructions are out there and then it's just practice. And really strong etch.

One more, modded bender:

YEAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please tell us your etching secrets!!! wwwooooohhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's no secrects man  :D
Quote from: Galego on April 20, 2011, 03:18:43 AM

This is the best etch I've seen here.

I doubt it, but thank you  ;)

Dirk_Hendrik

Quote from: Fender3D on April 19, 2011, 01:42:02 PM
Quote from: Dirk_Hendrik on April 17, 2011, 01:00:36 PM
OK. Don't post pics that often.
A tryout, just to to see that it can be done.

and guts

And, written before, but again.
As this is an infringement on the EHX trade dress it  will not be produced and should be considered (a full functional) parody.

Sorry to bump the amazing pictures again and again...
Please Dirk tell me:
did you sold the jack sockets after boxing it all or what???????

:icon_mad: :icon_mad: :icon_mad:

yes.
The jacks I use for narrow buildfs like these are slimline PCB mounted jacks which are a few mm smaller than the jacks posted above. Unfortunately I have never seen these in a variant like the ones above (with the outside mounted nut).
This means:
building, testing, desoldering the jacks, mount in the case and resolder the jacks.
More stuff, less fear, less  hassle and less censoring? How 'bout it??. To discuss what YOU want to discuss instead of what others decide for you. It's possible...

But not at diystompboxes.com...... regrettably

Galego

Quote from: Insanekane on April 20, 2011, 04:00:13 AM
I doubt it, but thank you  ;)

My observation is not based on the graphics you used, just on the quality, how sharp the edges are, etc. IMHO Slade has posted better looking designs, but not as well executed as this one.

Galego

Quote from: Dirk_Hendrik on April 20, 2011, 06:33:22 AM
yes.
The jacks I use for narrow buildfs like these are slimline PCB mounted jacks which are a few mm smaller than the jacks posted above. Unfortunately I have never seen these in a variant like the ones above (with the outside mounted nut).
This means:
building, testing, desoldering the jacks, mount in the case and resolder the jacks.

You're insane.  :icon_lol:

BTW what did you base the circuit on? And what's that goo all over the pcb?

Hides-His-Eyes

Quote from: Galego on April 20, 2011, 06:38:34 AM
And what's that goo all over the pcb?

They call it "solder"....

(jk, it's flux)

ca cat

ABY box with simple buffer to prevent tone sucking

Jamin' with JaM IT FX - www.jamitfx.com

alfio

Thx IK  ;) ,

thx
Ciao

Musikding...
http://www.musikding.de/index.php/cat/c136_Ampstyle.html

e Banzai pure!
http://www.banzaimusic.com/PCB-Mount/

deadastronaut

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Perrow

Quote from: deadastronaut on April 20, 2011, 09:00:55 AM

Depending on the hygiene of the one doing the cooking I know they can produce a farty sound, but other than that I didn't quite get the reference  ???
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

deadastronaut

there is no reference, i just fancied looking at some sausages for a change... :icon_cool:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//