Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirk_Hendrik

Quote from: Galego on April 20, 2011, 06:38:34 AM
Quote from: Dirk_Hendrik on April 20, 2011, 06:33:22 AM
yes.
The jacks I use for narrow buildfs like these are slimline PCB mounted jacks which are a few mm smaller than the jacks posted above. Unfortunately I have never seen these in a variant like the ones above (with the outside mounted nut).
This means:
building, testing, desoldering the jacks, mount in the case and resolder the jacks.

You're insane.  :icon_lol:

BTW what did you base the circuit on? And what's that goo all over the pcb?

Thanks you. Circuit is the DMM circuit with adaptions for use with 9 volts and MN3205 type BBD's instead of MN3005 which onluy seem available as fake's. It's flux indeed. Jacks are these:
http://www.neutrik.com/us/en/audio/204_199121/SlimLine_productlist.aspx
More stuff, less fear, less  hassle and less censoring? How 'bout it??. To discuss what YOU want to discuss instead of what others decide for you. It's possible...

But not at diystompboxes.com...... regrettably

tubelectron

Hi All & to that "Gang of Etchers",

Those HC Rooster, Tone The Bender, A-B-WhY, are really true piece-of-art, as these etched finishes are non seulement nice but looks abuse-resistant, which are two qualities difficult to match IMHO.

Congratulations...

A+!
I apologize for my approximative english writing and understanding !
http://guilhemamplification.jimdofree.com/

John Lyons

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Steve Mavronis

Still love how you drape those wires!
Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

Pigyboy

Quote from: John Lyons on April 20, 2011, 01:14:01 PM

Absolutely beautiful John :icon_wink:
What kind of box is that?
Cheers,
Chris
And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

John Lyons

Absolutely beautiful John icon
What kind of box is that?

Thanks! The box was custom made by a guy
who used to frequent the site here.
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

AM

Unfortunately no gut pictures. I was in a rush to mount it on my board.
It's a dual channel dirtbox. My aim was to create two footswitchable pairs of gain and volume settings with minimum external controls.
There is only one external knob, a master volume. One switch is for on/off and the other is for channel switching. It does from slight compression to fuzz.
Switched to the low gain channel and with the master volume up it provides a nice cleanish boost.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

nordine

Quote from: bean on April 14, 2011, 06:28:48 PM
Shhhhhhh....don't tell Lyons.

HOT DAMN!  :icon_eek:

did you paint that knob, or do they sell them like that (metallic finish)?
id buy hundreds of those!  ;D

ayayay!

Quote from: Steve Mavronis on April 20, 2011, 01:19:29 PM

I know!  Every time I wire one up I think, "Now THIS one will look as good as John Lyons."  ...and then I decide to add something and it all looks crappy again.   :D

I think uberclean wiring is overrated, but simplicity is underrated, so John still wins.
The people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

rousejeremy

Quote from: ayayay! on April 20, 2011, 05:18:42 PM
Quote from: Steve Mavronis on April 20, 2011, 01:19:29 PM

I know!  Every time I wire one up I think, "Now THIS one will look as good as John Lyons."  ...and then I decide to add something and it all looks crappy again.   :D

So I'm not the only one that does that eh?
Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

markeebee

Quote from: deadastronaut on April 20, 2011, 11:21:55 AM
there is no reference, i just fancied looking at some sausages for a change... :icon_cool:

Big time LOL!

deadastronaut

Quote from: markeebee on April 21, 2011, 05:45:31 AM
there is no reference, i just fancied looking at some sausages for a change... :icon_cool:

Big time LOL!

makes a change eh!.. :icon_mrgreen:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Insanekane

Anyone etched backplate?  :D

Slade

bah....  :icon_mad:

My first H.R. Giger box...... TS+Dr. Boogey Mod........ Ramchtain tone.... :icon_evil:

Maybe you will like this one..... :-[

Steve Mavronis

Quote from: Insanekane on April 21, 2011, 07:32:18 AM

Woah, I almost thought that was a nuclear warhead re-entering the atmosphere! ;)
Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

Steve Mavronis

Quote from: Slade on April 21, 2011, 10:07:31 AM
My first H.R. Giger box...... :icon_evil:

H.R. Giger artwork rules! I like how you arranged the knobs to follow the 'head' curvature.

bean

Quote from: nordine on April 20, 2011, 04:56:13 PM
Quote from: bean on April 14, 2011, 06:28:48 PM
Shhhhhhh....don't tell Lyons.

HOT DAMN!  :icon_eek:

did you paint that knob, or do they sell them like that (metallic finish)?
id buy hundreds of those!  ;D

http://www.amplifiedparts.com/products/amp_parts/P-K300BZ

:)

studiostud

That's what she said?
Builds Completed: Big Muff. Fuzz Face. Tube Screamer. Rat. Crash Sync. Harmonic Jerkulator. 6-band EQ. Rebote 2.5. Tremulus Lune. Small Stone. Small Clone. Microamp. LPB-2. Green Ringer. Red Ranger. Orange Squeezer. SansAmp. MXR Headphone Amp. Bass Fuzz.

John Lyons

Is it painted or solid metal?
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

armstrom

The description says high quality plastic, so I would assume it's something like plastichrome. Cast aluminum with electroplate on it would be cool though :)