SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Liquitone on May 15, 2011, 12:58:07 PM

Is it from the future?  8)

Notice the date on the board. You must have used a future-like build technique  :icon_lol:
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Galego

Been quite a while,. I have been busy designing layouts while waiting 2 months for the blue fiberboard  and the enclosure to arrive in the mail...
been using different board and pins now,.
these pins stay in the holes without the need of solder so its more solid now.

Its a EHX worm clone without the phaser, wah and tremelo parts.

Amazing.

rousejeremy

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on May 15, 2011, 05:55:49 PM

Notice the date on the board. You must have used a future-like build technique  :icon_lol:

My jaw hit the floor. Love it.
Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

Greenmachine

Tubelectron, Liquitone, .Mike ...

Hats off!  I haven't said "wow" or "beautiful" out loud to my monitor in awhile.

.Mike

Quote from: tubelectron on May 15, 2011, 04:46:51 PM
Very nice job .mike , tasty green +++ !

Would you explain us how and where acts your MIDS control ?

A+!

Thanks. :)

It's the AMZ Presence Control, using a 15nF in place of the 12nF, and a 50k "Body" pot in place of the 25k.

I based my design on the GGG Ram's Head schematic, so here is a comparison of what the tone knob would do if it was stock, what it does with the mids down (can get very close to stock), and with the mids boosted (can get almost completely flat, and even a bit of a hump):

I spent a bunch of time with it on my breadboard, and that's what I ended up liking.

Mike
If you're not doing it for yourself, it's not DIY. ;)

My effects site: Just one more build... | My website: America's Debate.

nordine

Been quite a while,. I have been busy designing layouts while waiting 2 months for the blue fiberboard  and the enclosure to arrive in the mail...

so, without the phaser wah and tremolo, what does it do?

Taylor

Quote from: nordine on May 15, 2011, 10:58:25 PM

Vibrato?

Liquitone

Thanks all for the compliments :)
Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on May 15, 2011, 05:55:49 PM

haha. I was a bit tired when writing on the date and wrote down 2010 and later changed it to a 1.

Quote from: Taylor on May 15, 2011, 11:01:50 PM

Vibrato?

Yes, it only does vibrato. It might seem a bit silly not to put in the extra functions when its only a selector switch and about 10 extra parts, but here's why;
I used the original Worm so that it was on vibrato and always on. I like how it brings motion to my signal without being too present or gimicky. It really is a very subtle vibrato, but hard to do without.

Now in my first Worm I've built a lot of extra circuitry so it would do vibrato,phaser,wha-ish phaser with an LFO,but also envelope up and envelope down controlled (mutron III VCF),
it was very annoying with all these functions to easily switch from the standard vibrato to all the other sound during rehearsal, so I decided this one was going to be as simple as possible.
I will make another with all the phasy LFO/envelope goodies for those special freakout moments :)

tubelectron

Vrey interesting .mike,

In addition, does your tone stack calculator able to make simulation on Tee-Bridge and Double Tee-Bridge filters ? Where can I download it ?

Thanks for sharing your experiments +++

A+!
I apologize for my approximative english writing and understanding !
http://guilhemamplification.jimdofree.com/

tubelectron

Thanks tasos, caress & John Lyons.

The Melodium is a variant of the Shin-Ei FY-2 fuzz, with additional output stage and switchable filter (based on my previous design the Sbrodj Fuzz).

The Atomisor is a kind of overdrive which imitates the "violin-like" tone of Carlos Santana, with switchable gain/sustain.

A+!
I apologize for my approximative english writing and understanding !
http://guilhemamplification.jimdofree.com/

.Mike

Quote from: tubelectron on May 16, 2011, 01:59:04 AMIn addition, does your tone stack calculator able to make simulation on Tee-Bridge and Double Tee-Bridge filters ? Where can I download it ?

It's the Duncan Tone Stack Calculator, and it can be downloaded here: Link. :)

Mike
If you're not doing it for yourself, it's not DIY. ;)

My effects site: Just one more build... | My website: America's Debate.

Taylor

http://www.falstad.com/afilter/

This applet can be used to design bridged-T or any other kind of analog filter, although it is limited in that only opamps can be used as active elements.

guitarmageddon

A relativly unremakable build, Honey Bee OD- but thought you might enjoy a sunset snap.

deadastronaut

mmmmm... chrome knobs on stainless.... nice!... :icon_cool:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

rousejeremy

Quote from: deadastronaut on May 16, 2011, 06:10:19 AM
mmmmm... chrome knobs on stainless.... nice!... :icon_cool:

Agreed
Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

mathewglenn

I finally bought a 2x6 steel stud so that I could start boxing up the big effects that I've been working on. Here is part 1:

From right to left: DOD250, BSIAB2, Devi Ever based fuzz, Thing Modulator, and Snow White Auto Wah.

No knobs yet, but I'm thinking of getting these:

kungpow79

How do you stamp it?  What do you use?  Love that aesthetic...

darron

I made up some aluminium laser engraved tags for some of Shaun Klinger's custom fuzzes.....

Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

deadastronaut

Quote from: mathewglenn on May 16, 2011, 04:33:19 PM
I finally bought a 2x6 steel stud so that I could start boxing up the big effects that I've been working on. Here is part 1:

From right to left: DOD250, BSIAB2, Devi Ever based fuzz, Thing Modulator, and Snow White Auto Wah.

No knobs yet, but I'm thinking of getting these:

ok, i'll ask!....why toggle switches?...

and did you try to etch galvanised steel?.... :icon_wink:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

KrazyKarl

Quote from: guitarmageddon on May 16, 2011, 03:23:30 AM
A relativly unremakable build, Honey Bee OD- but thought you might enjoy a sunset snap.

Why the two stomps?