News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azrael

Quote from: deadastronaut on July 26, 2011, 05:13:08 AM
@azrael: i was waiting to see a pic of the knobs lighting up.... :icon_cool:.....i like those clear ones, nice!
Haha, if only. I'll buy some of those knobs some time....
Quote from: Fender3D on July 26, 2011, 05:25:21 AM
hmm
hairy muff?

:icon_mrgreen:
Haha. If I had to say something, it was my attempt at emulating the EarthQuaker Devices Hoof Fuzz, without having a schematic, and without using germanium transistors. Worked rather well!

Pigyboy

Quote from: frequencycentral on July 26, 2011, 12:05:50 PM
Quote from: Pigyboy on July 26, 2011, 11:50:39 AM
...(then sometimes I run it thru photoshop ;))

:o WOW! Great idea, great finish! I'm gonna run all my builds through photshop from now on! Maybe my GF too.....
Well, Let's see her...  :icon_wink:
Quote from: Frances Rhodes on July 26, 2011, 12:04:46 PM
interesting, thanks! i'll look into it next time. that's a goal i want to reach for a clean-booster enclosure
by the way, your job with the blisterlily is truely amazing! is the enclosure etched after sanded and polished?
Polished then etched
Quote from: Scruffie on July 26, 2011, 12:15:27 PM
Holy Crap that Blisterlily looks nice  :icon_eek:
Thank you very much.
And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

rugeb

My Fuzz Face Clone:

Slade

Quote from: frequencycentral on July 26, 2011, 12:05:50 PM
...(then sometimes I run it thru photoshop ;))

:o WOW! Great idea, great finish! I'm gonna run all my builds through photshop from now on! Maybe my GF too.....
Yeah, sure, you didn't knew that... now you're gonna say those beautiful perfboard pics weren't just a photoshop product... I have no problem to say I don't know how to etch... it's been all just painted boxes pics with some photoshop effects...

iq01221

Finished yesterday, DIY enclousure, SMD inside:

Yorick

Wow that is brave with those smd components! Where do you buy them? I always want to make a SHO with smd so it's basically a pot with a tiny PCB on it. :icon_biggrin:

markeebee

Um, my first etch.  Thought it was time to try.  It turned out pants, wish I hadn't.  Normally I would trash it, but it's a present for a friend whose 40th is tomorrow (his present from his wife is Jackson, the dachshund).  I have to hope he'll appreciate a bit of 'rustic charm'.

Stuff I did wrong, so that you can avoid being a wazzock too:

~  I was a bit shy with the nail varnish, should've glooped it on more or used masking tape.  The blobby bits aren't meant to be there, they look like the dog has left a whoopsy.
~  When I sanded the magazine transfer off, I didn't wash it down quickly enough.  So the dark stuff in the dog outline and in the blobby bits isn't paint, it's a mix of transfer, aluminium particles from sanding and a little paint.  It's a bugger to get off - I've tried alcohol (hic), acetone, paint stripper - any ideas?
~  I was a bit impatient when sanding, should've gone on for longer to get a nice even shiny finish
~  Also impatient when etching, should've left it in longer.  The textured paint I like to use is quite thick, and so the etching doesn't stand out in enough relief, if that makes sense.

Oh, it's a Gristelizer.

markeebee

Ah, I took some advice from Pigyboy and ran it through Photoshop.  Came out looking a lot better:

stezza

Quote from: Frances Rhodes on July 26, 2011, 09:40:25 AM
Quote from: stezza on January 24, 2011, 06:37:23 AM
mkIII tonebender/soulbender from GGG schematic with mods to input and tone caps, also with 'fat/bass' low pass filter switch and polished enclosure. Thanks to JD Sleep for schematic and slacker for vero layout.

going through older posts... how does one manages to polish enclosures like that? so smooth and shiny, it looks chromium-plated!!

I haven't seen this one for a while, currently being shipped with the rest of my stuff from Australia to here in the US. I basically just sanded it with 800-1000-1200-1500-2000 grit sandpaper (swapping horizontal/vertical each grit swap) and then buffed it with mag polish. Looks really cool, but about 15 mins after I finished I had to bite my tongue when my mate started stomping the crap out of it (its just a pedal, just a pedal....)

Slade

Quote from: markeebee on July 27, 2011, 01:34:21 PM
Ah, I took some advice from Pigyboy and ran it through Photoshop.  Came out looking a lot better:

Photoshop really makes our life better, that looks awesome, markeebee, congrats on that photoshoping... here's one of mine, I didn't wanted to use photoshop this time so I was experimenting with a plutonium bar to get some effects on my pics:

Nikolay

Code name: Powerbox
Not a finished yet, but first 10 items will be ready after month.

A few words: Power supply for up to 10 pedals. Custom transformer with 5 isolated output wirings. Each output have 2 output power jack. First 8 is for 9v pedals. Output 9 gives 12V, and output 10 - 18volt

Pigyboy

Quote from: Slade on July 27, 2011, 04:24:20 PM

Photoshop really makes our life better, that looks awesome, markeebee, congrats on that photoshoping... here's one of mine, I didn't wanted to use photoshop this time so I was experimenting with a plutonium bar to get some effects on my pics:

:icon_eek: Cripes Fernando! You should be wearing gloves! I use Kryptonite and not plutonium BTW.....I'm still waiting to see Ricks GF  :-*
And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

lpguedes

Quote from: Nikolay on July 27, 2011, 05:26:48 PM
Code name: Powerbox
Not a finished yet, but first 10 items will be ready after month.

A few words: Power supply for up to 10 pedals. Custom transformer with 5 isolated output wirings. Each output have 2 output power jack. First 8 is for 9v pedals. Output 9 gives 12V, and output 10 - 18volt

Hey,

Do you have an schematic and PCB layout to do this "Powerbox" (or maybe you share it when you finish)?

I think it's amazing power supply, congratulations. 

Steve Mavronis

I got a little DIY mod fever today. Needed a fast easy little project.

Modded my DOD YJM308 Overdrive to late 70's gray specs. Removed stock KA4558 chip and replaced with socketed LM1458N (dual 741 op amp), removed C2, and replaced 0.001uF C3 with 0.01uF. Done in less than 30 minutes!

Finished off my DOD YJM308 Overdrive late 70's gray spec mod with original DOD style fluted knobs! Sounds freaking great now just like the gray DOD 250 clone (Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive) that I built from scratch last year.

I've been meaning to do this for some time. Only thing 'optional' I could add is true bypass 3PDT footswitch, LED, and Boss style power jack, and re-decal it to say YJM250.
Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

Frances Rhodes

Quote from: tubelectron on May 15, 2011, 04:59:16 PM
Oh, in the meantime, I should mention my latest ones :

A+!

"as you can see, the number all go to elev... thirteen!" ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll7rWiY5obI this never gets old!!)

this is one of the coolest pot scale i have ever seen! where do you buy your supply? (oui, en anglais pour en faire profiter tout le monde !!  ;D)
"If it's too loud, you're not too old, it's Alancka Effectors."

https://www.facebook.com/alancka.effectors?sk=info

iq01221

QuotePosted by: Yorick
Insert Quote
Wow that is brave with those smd components! Where do you buy them? I always want to make a SHO with smd so it's basically a pot with a tiny PCB on it. icon_biggrin
It's just SMD, you can find it everywhere. Well, here at last :icon_rolleyes: .

Mugshot

some friends have been egging me for ages to build them  some *gasp* booster, and so after some prodding, i decided to jump in the water  ;D

and guts:

it's a simple IC booster that was derived after an MXR boost IIRC. dual opamp, with the second opamp used as output buffer to get a fairly low output impedance.

and here's a Craig Anderton Tube Sound Fuzz i finally rehoused to a sturdier box (used to be plastic) i built about 3 years ago  :icon_lol: . props to Franciso Peña for the PCB.

i am what i am, so are you.

Cristian

Quote from: jkokura on March 20, 2011, 12:24:23 AM
I just realized how long it's been since I posted around here. Thought I'd update with some of my recent builds.

The PT80 is hard to fit inside 125B.

Zendrive Clone.

Here's Klone I made for a client. Clipping options to choose from using toggle switches.

The Echobase. 10 points if you can guess what all the images are.

Fuzz Face using some Mojo! AC128's from the Czech Republic.

Fuzz Factory clone, also using 128's from the Czech.

Rangemaster clone with Mojo

I don't know if I posted this earlier, but this is a Rebote 2.5 in a 125B

Woo... The past 3 months have been busy! I think this is most of it. I'm sure there's some that's missing, but this is what I had on my imageshack account.

Hope you've enjoyed.

Jacob

One question. Do you use a decal? How do you do to print white letters?.

Sorry for my English is not very good.

Thank you very much.

blooze_man

I'm pretty sure he uses waterslide decals.
Big Muff, Trotsky Drive, Little Angel, Valvecaster, Whisker Biscuit, Smash Drive, Green Ringer, Fuzz Face, Rangemaster, LPB1, Bazz Fuss/Buzz Box, Radioshack Fuzz, Blue Box, Fuzzrite, Tonepad Wah, EH Pulsar, NPN Tonebender, Torn's Peaker...

kupfer_m

Quote from: markeebee on July 27, 2011, 01:30:43 PM
Um, my first etch.  Thought it was time to try.  It turned out pants, wish I hadn't.  Normally I would trash it, but it's a present for a friend whose 40th is tomorrow (his present from his wife is Jackson, the dachshund).  I have to hope he'll appreciate a bit of 'rustic charm'.

Oh, it's a Gristelizer.

If that was a present for me I would definitely like it !
I think that's a nice first etch.