SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: arawn on August 23, 2011, 06:48:40 PM
when I have a say I wire my stuff to be center positive

This can be done in almost any situation.....

as long as you don't want to use both Battery AND wall wart. You need to pick one.
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Frances Rhodes

Quote from: darron on August 23, 2011, 06:14:10 PM
Quote from: Frances Rhodes on August 23, 2011, 10:35:04 AM
Quote from: phector2004 on August 23, 2011, 10:29:52 AM
You sure you wanna be using a center-negative power supply?  ???

i'm not sure i understand the question... center-negative power supplies are the most common type, like Boss, Ibanez, One-Spot, etc. is it the type or the way i call it that seems wrong?

you have me re-thinking. sounds right? i think maybe people say positive tip, but same thing.

edit: and if the centre was positive then we wouldn't have to use plastic insulated/isolated DC sockets. so centre negative sounds right :)

actually, i just remembered i saw that on Cloudscapes' website (sonic crayon - blogspot), i should go check but my stickers probably look a lot like his...
"If it's too loud, you're not too old, it's Alancka Effectors."

https://www.facebook.com/alancka.effectors?sk=info

Pigyboy

Quote from: Slade on August 23, 2011, 03:13:32 PM
Here a Fuzz Factory clone with tone control (just a pot and cap after volume control).

The design was though as with GNI style (THIS ONE exactly), not an original design... :P

Anyway, here it is... BAT MACUMBA!!!

Cheers,
Fernando.-

Wow Fernando - That is beautiful!
And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

Renegadrian

Rat

Big Muff Civil War

A couple of Fat Boosts

Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

ayayay!

@ Renegadrian:  Good job as usual!  I like simple, clean pedals like that.  :)

@ Rockhorst.  Great idea on the rocker switches for toggles.  Really, what a great clean look.  I may have to start doing that.  :)

The people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Kearns892

Quote from: Slade on August 23, 2011, 03:13:32 PM
Here a Fuzz Factory clone with tone control (just a pot and cap after volume control).

The design was though as with GNI style (THIS ONE exactly), not an original design... :P

Anyway, here it is... BAT MACUMBA!!!

Cheers,
Fernando.-

Whoa whoa hold up there. I know you are the king of mutli color etching but this is something entirely new. I've been experimenting with ways to get different colors on the recessed and nonrecessed areas of the enclosure so I am very interested in what you did here.

frequencycentral

Quote from: Kearns892 on August 24, 2011, 09:33:52 AM
Whoa whoa hold up there. I know you are the king of mutli color etching but this is something entirely new. I've been experimenting with ways to get different colors on the recessed and nonrecessed areas of the enclosure so I am very interested in what you did here.

Photoshop.  ;)
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

LaceSensor

Renegadrian

thx! yeah they are quite similar...
:icon_wink:
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

rockhorst

Quote from: ayayay! on August 24, 2011, 09:30:58 AM
@ Rockhorst.  Great idea on the rocker switches for toggles.  Really, what a great clean look.  I may have to start doing that.  :)
Thanks!
I bumped into those by accident. Too bad I can only get them as 'on/off' switches...Very nice and sturdy though. I recently tried a 2PDT toggle and it broke within 10 switches. Be aware of the drilling diameter if you make a template for PPP. They are slightly smaller than a tube socket, but close. So the first time they accidentally drilled it that size (they replaced it without additional cost though!).
Nucleon FX - PCBs at the core of tone

Kev77

some new box painting goodies - Ive held off doing swirls cus I wanted to work on my own thing.,., but its a cool technique fur sure

Im sure there's a more economical way to do this, but either way it was fun

darron

Quote from: Kev77 on August 25, 2011, 04:12:35 AM
some new box painting goodies - Ive held off doing swirls cus I wanted to work on my own thing.,., but its a cool technique fur sure

looks like waves! out's itching for a tremolo....
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

skatman

Quote from: darron on August 25, 2011, 04:15:42 AM

looks like waves! out's itching for a tremolo....

Cool i like them - looks great  cheers Paul

ShortScaleMike

Dream Box, Custom Ultralord, Bee Baa

deadastronaut

^  wow those switches are close...tiny feet?   :)

mike where do you get those 3pdt switch metal washers...ive looked everywhere for them,  b&q/homebase/plumbers/small hardware shops...nothing?..
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Frances Rhodes

Im sure there's a more economical way to do this, but either way it was fun

holy shave, this looks great!
"If it's too loud, you're not too old, it's Alancka Effectors."

https://www.facebook.com/alancka.effectors?sk=info

ShortScaleMike

Quote from: deadastronaut on August 25, 2011, 07:01:35 AM

mike where do you get those 3pdt switch metal washers...ive looked everywhere for them,  b&q/homebase/plumbers/small hardware shops...nothing?..

Yeah the guy wanted all the things footswitchable and with this design they did end up close. I tried it out though and they're OK to switch. The bypass is on the far right and easiest.

Only place I can get decent non huge silver washers is from places like musikding and they ain't cheap.

deadastronaut

Quote from: ShortScaleMike on August 25, 2011, 07:59:48 AM
Quote from: deadastronaut on August 25, 2011, 07:01:35 AM

Yeah the guy wanted all the things footswitchable and with this design they did end up close. I tried it out though and they're OK to switch. The bypass is on the far right and easiest.

Only place I can get decent non huge silver washers is from places like musikding and they ain't cheap.

hmmmmm....shame!..i'll keep searching, i'm after the smaller ones that just sit under the nut...cheers mike.
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

snarblinge

pedalpartsplus have them too.

I have been looking into getting a bunch made by bokers but havn't got there yet.
b.

snarblinge.tumblr.com

darron

Artwork by a young lady named Cutty Bage:

Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!