SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikolay

I spend a lot of time for desing of the box and pcb's
This is optimal!
Here is a short video which I was posted here maybe more than month ago.
You can see the entire box.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS-JtSAMkts

Niki

Slade

Nikolay, that's just perfect, I love your work.

Here's another one I finished yesterday:

Regards,
Fernando.-

Nikolay

Fernando, Thanks man!!

I'm your big fan too :) Respect!

Sirppi

Here's my clone of Maxon's OD-808  :D
Etched, painted and sanded

Sorry about the bad quality image...  :-[

Güero

Curing the infection one bullet at a time.

Pigyboy

That is great Fernando.   :icon_eek:
And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

tyzjames

Lunar Module clone:)

glops

Roland Double Beat without the wah.  Much Fuzz. Wish the pics came out better but it's off to Sweden. 

boog

did this:
10k voltage sag pot (almost pointless, maybe a larger value to give it a bit more range?)

musket tone stack (but the tone pot is 1M; broke one pot taking the thing apart and the only pot i had which would physically work was 1M. oh well). very 'big' sounding; difficult to get that tingy sizzle with the tone cranked.
tone bypass (bypasses tone knob, mids knob still active). on one of my built from scratch muffs (skreddy on perf) i did a bypass, but this is different. having the mid knob active seems to lessen the saturation levels when bypass is engaged and the mids are anything but maxed.

transistor switches!!!: stock 2n5088 & ksc2787. 2787s pinout (top to bottom) is base, collector, emitter. gotta remember to check that ahead of time. i've had my heart set on doing this fr a long time, but after a while really started thinking this wouldn't do much (all that transistor bias noise; ie: voltage does more than the component) BUT: when flipped in tandem (any 2 of 4) there is a definite change in tone. the 2787's don't get near as saturated, but still muffy. also, all 4 flipped to the 2787 is a sound reminiscent of my black bussian muff (which seemed to sound less boomtastic than my friends). so that's kinda nice. yes, the black russian got hacked a bit (diode lift, tone stack totally smacked around).

both feedback mods (emitters of Q2 & Q3; collectors of Q1 & Q3). 50k pot between Q2 & Q3. these, in conjunction with the transistor switches, can be hella fun.

blah mods: boss style jack, green led instead of red.

all in all, not necessarily very practical, but certainly worth it in the end. bit of knowledge gained and a pretty functionally dysfunctional noise maker. which is what i wanted.

Slade

One more for today...

Me posting 2 pedals in one page??? :o

Cheers!
Fernando.-

Güero

Quote from: Slade on October 06, 2011, 12:23:37 PM
One more for today...

Me posting 2 pedals in one page??? :o

Cheers!
Fernando.-

Fernando,

Muy bonito tu trabajo, como siempre. Perdón por mi español :)  I'm from Brazil :P
Curing the infection one bullet at a time.

jimmybjj

Valvecaster variant (Boob Tube)

This project  came out pretty good, but next time i will locate the jacks closer to the switch. Still don't have a proper tube (anyone know a decent source for 12bh7's?) On board charge pump upto 35v with a 12v supply.

patrickcurran21

Easy-Vibe in an old Bell first aid kit, knobs taken from a 70s hammond organ

skullservant

Got the parts in this morning to build a wooly mammoth. Was a little bit of a tight fit and had to put the board on top of the pots + a few wires. Other than that it turned out fine

tasos

Hey...
nice wooooly!
Have you any problems with the pots?

davent

Quote from: jimmybjj on October 06, 2011, 08:54:16 PM
Valvecaster variant (Boob Tube)

This project  came out pretty good, but next time i will locate the jacks closer to the switch. Still don't have a proper tube (anyone know a decent source for 12bh7's?) On board charge pump upto 35v with a 12v supply.

Looks real nice!

The 12bh7 looks to be current production for Electro-Harmonix so should be available from the regular tube vendors such as AES, tubestore, tube depot etc... But the 12bh7 has an overall height (datasheet) of 2.625" where the 12ax7 shown in your picture is listed as max. overall height of only 2.1875" so... looks pretty tight!

12ax7 http://www.tubebooks.org/tubedata/HB-3/Receiving-Type_Industrial_Tubes/6681_12AX7.PDF
12bh7 http://www.nj7p.org/Tube4.php?tube=12BH7

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

jimmybjj

Quote from: davent on October 07, 2011, 12:08:59 PM
Looks real nice!

The 12bh7 looks to be current production for Electro-Harmonix so should be available from the regular tube vendors such as AES, tubestore, tube depot etc... But the 12bh7 has an overall height (datasheet) of 2.625" where the 12ax7 shown in your picture is listed as max. overall height of only 2.1875" so... looks pretty tight!

12ax7 http://www.tubebooks.org/tubedata/HB-3/Receiving-Type_Industrial_Tubes/6681_12AX7.PDF
12bh7 http://www.nj7p.org/Tube4.php?tube=12BH7

dave

Your right :) I had planned on rehousing or a whole new build all together. Despite all the negative attention the 12ax7 gets in this particular circuit, this one sounds really good (maybe its the boobtube derivative that makes it sound better.)

skullservant

Quote from: tasos on October 07, 2011, 07:45:50 AM
Hey...
nice wooooly!
Have you any problems with the pots?

Hey thanks!

And about the pots, Nah. They wired up fine, and sound fine to me. I've got enough padded double sided tape in there that there isn't any contact with the board so things are good!

joegagan

open message to everyone who posted pics in the last four pages.

THeSE PeDALS ARe GETTING INSaNELY GOod > y'all crazy. i am blown away every time i click on this thread.

a little teaser of a lil sumpnsumpn i sent to a music loco dude in spain to finish the sculpture:

my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.