Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kungpow79

Quote from: tasos on October 16, 2011, 10:16:43 AM
Quote from: nocentelli on October 16, 2011, 10:07:48 AM
Really like these new hammond trapezoid enclosures:

Come on!Tell us more! ;)

Indeed.  So, its also sloped from back to front?  Nice!

John Lyons

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

joegagan

that is gorgeous, johnny. what is the story on the angled enclosure, are they avail like that or did you do some cut/splicing?
my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

John Lyons

Thanks Joe.
Check out the link above my pic.  :icon_wink: :D
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

kungpow79

Ah.  No it is not.  Still cool.  I was getting tired of the usual box shape to everything.

Güero

Curing the infection one bullet at a time.

ShortScaleMike

Amazing stuff, love the fully featured delay.

Here's my latest output

Govmnt_Lacky

Correct me if I am wrong BUT, aren't PT2399-based delays DIGITAL? I always see people labeling them as ANALOG  ???

I swear I have read people post that the PT is a digital based delay.
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

~arph

They are... but Guero is not showing the guts, so how do we know whether he is 'lying' or not  ???  (it does look like an echo base though)

tasos

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on October 17, 2011, 07:18:18 AM
Correct me if I am wrong BUT, aren't PT2399-based delays DIGITAL? I always see people labeling them as ANALOG  ???

I swear I have read people post that the PT is a digital based delay.
It is a digital delay....check out tonepad...
It names it analog-sound delay meaning it can simulate an analog delay...But it's still digital! ;)

Galego

Don't really care, Wampler sells "faux Analogecho" delays, and you'll see reviews talking about it as if it really was an analog delay. So, as long as being digital is interpreted as less desirable or worse, maybe we all need to lie, maybe people will stop being idiots and caring more about the sound that it produces than about the technology used to do it.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Galego on October 17, 2011, 08:26:16 AM
Don't really care, Wampler sells "faux Analogecho" delays, and you'll see reviews talking about it as if it really was an analog delay. So, as long as being digital is interpreted as less desirable or worse, maybe we all need to lie, maybe people will stop being idiots and caring more about the sound that it produces than about the technology used to do it.

Well...... good morning to you too sir!  :-\
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America

Renegadrian

http://another-electronics.blogspot.com/2010/11/pt2399-echo-reverb-effects-schematic.html

interesting analysis of the circuit...we never know (or remember!!!) enough about it...
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

~arph

I agree with you that it is the sound that matters, I don't care that you put analog on it, I know it's just marketing. It's just that on places like this people will comment on it because they can tell the difference. Just as we can tell that it's likely a modified Echo Base.  ::) ( which isn't as marketable as OCD or phase 90 of course  ::) )

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Galego on October 17, 2011, 08:26:16 AM

My original intent was NOT to call out the credibility of the build, the circuit, or any of the sorts.

I merely wanted to know if what I read was correct. That the PT based delays were, in fact, digital.

Personally, I think Guero's builds are superb and more power to him for providing such gorgeous builds to the public  ;D

Although I will say, I do not understand why he posts so many pictures of them. Always makes my page slow to come up  :icon_lol:

Galego

My post wasn't directed at anyone in particular, I was just ranting. Just the other day I was in a guitar shop and in comes a guy looking for i don't remember what pedal and he asks "is it true-bypass?". At I just can't help but to roll my eyes... You can build a pedal with a good buffer but in the end people will always think it's worse for it.

Analog delay > digital delay
true bypass > buffered bypass
::)

~arph

Don't forget the tropical fish and carbon comps  ;D

EDIT; maybe the true bypass point might have an actual reason why it became some popular as there have been quite a bit of terrible buffers in the past ( digitech XP series comes to mind )

Güero

Quote from: ~arph on October 17, 2011, 08:05:22 AM
They are... but Guero is not showing the guts, so how do we know whether he is 'lying' or not  ???  (it does look like an echo base though)

Yep! It's an EchoBase.  :D

@Mike
If there was a caricature of Short Scale Mike , it would probably be a soldering iron. This guy is a machine for making pedals. :icon_eek:

Sorry, but I don't have the guts shots, but I have non nude

Curing the infection one bullet at a time.

deadastronaut

either way 'simulated analog' sounds fine to me...i don't give a @#$% either... :icon_mrgreen:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//