News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadastronaut

^ hmmmm that looks interesting?...prox wah?..
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

arawn

kay enuff of that now for some hi gain madness --My uno build

and the guts
"Consistency is the Hobgoblin of Small Minds!"

Gus Smalley clean boost, Whisker biscuit, Professor Tweed, Ruby w/bassman Mods, Dan Armstrong Orange Squeezer, Zvex SHO, ROG Mayqueen, Fetzer Valve, ROG UNO, LPB1, Blue Magic

tasos

So which pedal is this? ???

arawn

Runoffgroove's UNO - apes santanas black magic woman tone reel goood

Gus Smalley clean boost, Whisker biscuit, Professor Tweed, Ruby w/bassman Mods, Dan Armstrong Orange Squeezer, Zvex SHO, ROG Mayqueen, Fetzer Valve, ROG UNO, LPB1, Blue Magic

joegagan

you know what santana tone haunts me? samba pa ti, the original studio version. i can tell there are probably some P90s involved. and possibly a boost(?) into a a smallish amp? princeton? deluxe?. i just love it because it barks and haunts at the same time.
my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

arawn

santana plays boogies almost exclusively you know

joegagan

samba pa ti was recorded long before randall was making amps, as far as i can tell.
my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

theundeadelvis

Joe and Arawn - Maybe your are both right! From what I can find the song was recorded in 1970, and Mesa started in 69'. The first "Mesa" that Santana fell in love with, was a modified Princeton (from Wiki, so take what will from it).
If it ain't broke...   ...it will be soon.

joegagan

the famed incident where santana reportedly named the boogie amp line by proclaiming " this amp really boogies" probably happened after 71 by my timeline. wikipedia is full of crap sometimes. ( global warming scam for example)

arawn

according to santana's website he bought his first boogie in 73 so joe you would be correct. way after samba pa ti. and interesting to note he now also uses some dumbles, which i thought were a myth.

theundeadelvis

Yeah, I read (after posting) an interview with Randall SMith. He said the modded Princeton/Santana moment happened in 69/70, but that the first actual Mesa was built a few years later.
If it ain't broke...   ...it will be soon.

joegagan

my brother knew him pretty well in 95/96. his band opened the entire summer 96 tour. at that time carlos had two twins ( clean ) and some boogies hidden under the drum riser for the (sustainy) lead tone. the dumble thing came after 96. at the time, the twins were scandalous because carlos had advertised heavily for mesa prior.

there was an X marked onstage where the guitar tech had each day previously , pre soundcheck found the sweetspot where the high G-note on europa would sustain 'endlessly'.

at least half of nights on the tour the tech caught hell because the G-note would not sustain 'properly'.

arawn

best as i can figure out the tone on samba pa ti was prolly either a les paul or a sg special, into a silverface twin. the only other amp i can find referenced is a gmt transistor stack.

G. Hoffman

Quote from: arawn on November 02, 2011, 08:26:07 PM
santana plays boogies almost exclusively you know

Not for several years now.  He still uses Boogies, but he has been spending more and more time playing a couple of Dumbles, recently.

Gabriel

joegagan

Quote from: deadastronaut on November 02, 2011, 08:19:38 AM
^ hmmmm that looks interesting?...prox wah?..

sorry rob, late reply. that is my rendering of an upcoming enclosure design using fluorescent green or yellow plexi for the top bubble and circ board, 16 ga. metal bottom. top and bottom attach rigidly but with only one nut ( 3PDT nut ) by the use of tabs and a front clip piece which is the dark thing surrounding the Sw. more to come, building a wood buck to heat-form the plexi . the metal will be done using plasma cutting and commercial benders a buddy of mine is wanting to help with.

look for a new thread following the build!

deadastronaut

@joe:  no worries man , looks like a cool project!.. i thought it may have been a proximity wah..

is that a bargraph display under it?...that'd be nice...lots of pretty lights.. ;) :icon_cool:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Ummagumma

joegagan

Quote from: deadastronaut on November 03, 2011, 10:54:20 AM
@joe:  no worries man , looks like a cool project!.. i thought it may have been a proximity wah..

is that a bargraph display under it?...that'd be nice...lots of pretty lights.. ;) :icon_cool:

no, those bars are just my primitive rendering of resistors :icon_eek:

glops

Skruffyhound

I just love the aesthetic Glops, you've done it again. I reckon you've got 3 pedals in my all time top five faves.
Neovibe? If it is, it's the scariest looking neovibe I've ever seen. Good one.