Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

artifus

Quote from: Seven64 on November 05, 2011, 05:41:15 PM
Quote from: ghostsauce on November 05, 2011, 07:56:41 AM
Quote from: tasos on November 04, 2011, 07:59:30 PM
Dr boogie AND playing some slayer?
Yeaaaaaah!<3

Yep, dr boogey!  But I'm a Christian, and I listen to Christian rock and metal. I googled it just now to figure out what you meant and found out War zone was a slayer song. Just coincidence. In fact Slayer just makes me want to pray for all the people who listen to them.. "God hates us all" - wow, nothing could be further from the truth.

i just think it is interesting that they actually acknowledge that there is a god.  most bands with that image try to debunk religion or whatever.

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=36392.msg815637#msg815637

tasos

Come on stumper1 tell us about your paintjobs! ;D

glops

Quote from: nicofx on November 05, 2011, 06:19:30 AM
@Glops - Some sweet etches you got there!! Simple and clean, I like it alot.

Thanks, man. I love your etches, as well :)

Quote from: jimmybjj on November 05, 2011, 08:15:59 AM
glops, very nice! how did you get that white lettering?

It's etched!

snarblinge

stumper that woodgrain is unreal?
b.

snarblinge.tumblr.com

nicofx

My Latest:

Dirty Vibes. A ROG Tri-Vibe on John Lyons excellent board. Thank you  :). And a One Knob Fuzz (vero layout by Renegadrian). Tweaked a bit to match the tri-vibe.

Two 1590A pedals for my planed mini board! Squeezer (Orange Squeezer from Soldersounds layout) and One Way Overdrive (Grey specs OD250, PCB from musikding.com).

Fuzzy. A clone of the Creamy Dreamer on vero, layout by IvIark.

Original Phozer by ROG. PCB layout by Mark M. It has a kind of subtile wah/phasing sound going on, not very useful I think.  :-\

Over and out!

deadastronaut

hmmmm....i like slayer...and dr boogies... :icon_twisted:

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

ApAcHe*

My first post, here's a TubeScreamer TS-808 With the most common mods, art is made ​​in Etching

:icon_biggrin:

Nikolay

Here is my last A/B switcher:

Also, month ago I was ready with my powerbox supply unit:

I use custom made power transformer with 5 independent secondary coils. From each coil voltage is rectified and filtered. Each coil drive 2 outputs. Last 2 outputs are for 12 and 18 volts. I get 18 volt from voltage doubler.

darron

Great job as always Nikolay. The presentation if perfect.

I've always wanted to make something like very similar but the laws are really strict here and it would cost thousands if I wanted to sell it :(

So even if I built something for myself it would be unlabelled ... (:
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

roseblood11

Quote from: Nikolay on November 06, 2011, 05:38:24 PM

I use custom made power transformer with 5 independent secondary coils. From each coil voltage is rectified and filtered. Each coil drive 2 outputs. Last 2 outputs are for 12 and 18 volts. I get 18 volt from voltage doubler.

Great! Who builds those transformers? Some people at german musikding.de forum are thinking about a group order of custom transformers with independent secondaries, so this looks really interesting...

PereatMundus

Quote from: Kev77 on November 04, 2011, 07:31:02 AM
more -

That's beutiful!

Got a link to who did that?
Is he open for orders :)

Quote from: ghostsauce on November 05, 2011, 07:56:41 AM
Yep, dr boogey!  But I'm a Christian, and I listen to Christian rock and metal. I googled it just now to figure out what you meant and found out War zone was a slayer song. Just coincidence. In fact Slayer just makes me want to pray for all the people who listen to them.. "God hates us all" - wow, nothing could be further from the truth.
:icon_lol:  ::)
Quote from: artifus on November 05, 2011, 12:29:26 PM
this is the internet, remember? this is a forum on the internet about diy stompboxes. politics and religion can get messy. let's stick to electronics and music, eh?
Dammit your right, must not debate insanity  :icon_mrgreen: White-Metal raaawwks.. or well, I ... ::) no debate, no debate.. must not.  :icon_mrgreen:
Guitars: Westone Prestige 150 - Aria Pro II CS-400BnG
Amps: 5150 - SloClone
Fx: 20+ DIY (100+)
Play: Kraut/Death/Industrial/Noise
Pereat Mundus Et Furia Tempo-Leena Krohn/Schopenhauer

John Lyons

Western Diamondback top "Fuzzomondo"

Curly Mahogany "Lucky Number"

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Kev77

thas some wow right thur - so controled and refined.,., makes me want to fetch my slippers and pipe

Güero

Curing the infection one bullet at a time.

deadastronaut

@guero; thats a nice looking wah....very classy... :icon_cool:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Güero

Quote from: deadastronaut on November 07, 2011, 11:08:48 PM
@guero; thats a nice looking wah....very classy... :icon_cool:

:icon_wink: :icon_wink: :icon_wink: :icon_wink:

That was a '89 Dunlop Classic with the square blue pot inside and the obsolete dc power jack ( female type )
I changed the rubber tread bulk for a good and nice new one original Dunlop.
The circutry is the same, "Q" or Sweep, range ( 7 positions ) boost, TBP and the light border.
Curing the infection one bullet at a time.

ShortScaleMike

Quote from: ca cat on November 04, 2011, 11:23:48 AM
Mike, what kind of finish do you use on your enclousres?

I sand and prime and paint my enclosures with Automotive Paints. Then I use clear self adhesive labels for decals and clearcoat.

Latest builds:

tasos

Mike it's incredible how many pedals you make!And how nicely you make them! ;D
But where do you buy your supplies?They must cost a fortune! :icon_razz:

ShortScaleMike

Quote from: tasos on November 08, 2011, 01:19:15 PM
Mike it's incredible how many pedals you make!And how nicely you make them! ;D
But where do you buy your supplies?They must cost a fortune! :icon_razz:

Aww thanks.

I use a bunch of different suppliers, and I buy in bulk these days. I always buy in as large a quantity as I can risk taking on board which gets a decent discount, so that's pots in 50s, Cases in 20s etc.

I try to keep stuff in the UK as much as possible using Rapid and Farnell, with BitsBox and Doctor Tweek for some small orders but I also use Tayda, Musikding, Banzai and occasionally Futurlec.

Embarrassingly I actually have a spreadsheet which helps me remember where things are the best value.