News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seven64

not at cool at most of this stuff, but i am proud of it because i got it to fit!  :icon_evil:

its a simple jfet buffer.  i am building 3 other prototypes with different variations for a local guy who has a pedal board business in hopes to become the supplier of his buffer over a known pedal company.  he is currently endorsed by this pedal company, but they are not giving him any sort of price break, so he really doesn't stand to profit from his current arrangement.  this one is supposedly the circuit that said company is using.

the idea is he will mount them inside the board which is why i chose the flanged enclosures.  this is the only layout i think i can get to fit in this size, but i bought 3 different sizes of enclosures so we can figure out exactly what works best.  once i get my 4 done we are meeting at a local music shop to put mine to the test against the name brand one.  im kinda nervous.....

the enclosure is 1.5"x2"

free electron

Thank guys! :)
Actually the hardware part of this... thing was the easiest part. Coding all the stuff i want it to have is another story.

Small steps, but always forward!

Galego

But why so many knobs? The advantage of using programmable IC's is that you can come up with clever ways of doing a lot of stuff with only a few controls. At least that's usually my approach...

kwijibo

Quote from: free electron on November 14, 2011, 01:04:24 PM

Are you etching these boards yourself? The quality looks really good.

free electron

Quote from: Galego on November 15, 2011, 08:08:26 AM
But why so many knobs? The advantage of using programmable IC's is that you can come up with clever ways of doing a lot of stuff with only a few controls. At least that's usually my approach...
For me it is always to find a good balance between the ease of use, instant access to different parameters and the "cleverness" and complexity of the control surface. Sure, i could probably do it with less knobs (some of them already have more functions) but it would make the operation not really comfortable. Less time spent on digging through the controls = more time to make the music. That's my point of view.
Quote from: kwijibo on November 15, 2011, 08:35:13 AM
Are you etching these boards yourself? The quality looks really good.
Yes, dual layer PCB, standard toner transfer using modified laminator.

deadastronaut

SPITFIRE prototype done!...(used an old box i etched a while back!.. :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted:

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Earthscum

Quote from: deadastronaut on November 15, 2011, 07:50:35 PM
SPITFIRE prototype done!...(used an old box i etched a while back!.. :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted:

Video Reply to that!!!

:icon_twisted:
Give a man Fuzz, and he'll jam for a day... teach a man how to make a Fuzz and he'll never jam again!

http://www.facebook.com/Earthscum

deadastronaut

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Pigyboy

No. 83 Fuzz in an etched YY

And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

arawn

That's just awesome!
"Consistency is the Hobgoblin of Small Minds!"

Gus Smalley clean boost, Whisker biscuit, Professor Tweed, Ruby w/bassman Mods, Dan Armstrong Orange Squeezer, Zvex SHO, ROG Mayqueen, Fetzer Valve, ROG UNO, LPB1, Blue Magic

I like Grunge

Quote from: Pigyboy on November 16, 2011, 08:06:00 AM

Whoa! Damn it looks like the chrom parts on old American Cars... just cool!

Govmnt_Lacky

Sweet build!  :o

Was the omission of an indicator LED an intended part of the build? Were you going for the retro look?
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Pigyboy

Retro ;)
Thanks for the kind words all.
                                                            - FANG

scuzzphut

kwijibo   I have my fingers crossed for you  :icon_biggrin: Whatever that is going to be, it WILL be awesome.

Also - from a few pages back

stumper1  - Talk to me about the finish on this one  :icon_eek:

Unlikekurt

tweed trapezoid

and the obligatory wiring shot that everyone always seems to want . . .

and yes it is in fact housed in a perfectly fit blue velvet drawstring bag

darron

HA! Best idea for 50x pages! Hope you don't mind if I steal that one day....

edit: wait. what's with the external DC socket nut? were you 1mm away from a short circuit inside the pedal without it?
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

Pigyboy

Thanks Darron - Steal Away! 

The first time I used an outside nut on the power jack was to give myself more room but then I started to like the industrial look of it and found I could order the extra nuts from Steve at Smallbear so I do it on all of them now.

Cheers!
                                                            - FANG

Valoosj

Quote from: John Lyons on November 07, 2011, 08:15:09 PM

Wow! Prettiest pcb I've ever seen. Any tips/hints on how you did this?  :)
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

John Lyons

Thanks! It's just hammertone spray paint with two different colors, one over the other.
Just experiment.
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/