Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greeny23

Quote from: Pigyboy on November 22, 2011, 04:30:59 AM
Quote from: greeny23 on November 21, 2011, 06:08:32 PM
Quote from: tasos on November 21, 2011, 03:10:45 PM
Hmmm greeny23 are these black jacks from tayda?

Tell us more about their quality! ;)

yes they are.

they are really impressive for the price. have some locking issues sometimes, but not enough to care.

I'd beg to differ - I have seen those last about 2 years with not much usage then fall apart.  I suggest if you are looking to cut corners in your builds that budget jacks are the worst place to start.  I would use them for myself maybe but I would never sell a box with those in it - I couldn't sleep at night  :icon_eek:
[/quote

really? i've not had any problems from Tayda. i'll wait and see the results of this myself before i change anything though, i hear a lot of people complain about things like that from a single bad experience. 3 :icon_wink:

Pigyboy

^^^
Yeah - Give them a go.  Like I said I'd use them for a build I'd keep for myself because I know what I am dealing with but when you compare them next to Switchcrafts or Neutriks they are thin and flimsy. You can crank down on these and they don't pull the barrel thru - I can feel the point on the black ones that the thing is going to pop to pieces in my hands if I snug them up. 
Just saying I would not sell something that used those.  :icon_wink:
And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

deadastronaut

mosfet boost :  my latest build. :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

bean

Stunning, although I do prefer my boosters with a little more lens flare.

deadastronaut

yeah the sun was in my eyes, i was at macchu picchu at the time... :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

jefe

The Tone God

Quote from: Galego on November 22, 2011, 04:46:04 AM
What digipots did you use? I've only tried the microchip mcp4xxxx ones, but they only handle 0-5v...

I use an assortment depending on the needs. I have used MCP4x in some spots. AD has some nice ones. One of the probs with digipots from a DIYer perspective is there are not many good ones for our needs that are DIP form. To get to the better ones you have to be able to go SMD.

Andrew

p_wats

Here's a MiniKlon MKC1 on a board from guitarpcb.com. It's pretty awesome (especially with the bass boost toggle and ultra gain stomp):

frequencycentral

http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

DavenPaget

Quote from: p_wats on November 22, 2011, 03:05:19 PM
Here's a MiniKlon MKC1 on a board from guitarpcb.com. It's pretty awesome (especially with the bass boost toggle and ultra gain stomp):

Is it just my screen or does it seem that your switches are EXTREMELY small ?  :icon_neutral:
Maybe tiltshift ...
Hiatus

nacho

Hola! I'm Nacho, from Zaragoza (spain). This is my first post but i read the forum since one year ago (or so).
My creatures:

DOD 250 grey version, kit from musikding. Bruce is laser printed and ironed.

Wolly Mammoth on vero. I had to paint it 2 times (laquer peeled off the paint). It is Quetzalcoatl.

Madbean's Faultline. A present for my brother's birthday last month. I had to have the enclosure 4 hours (!) in the Ferric Chloride for the etching. But i am very happy with how it turned out.

DeviEver Torn's Peaker kit in 1590 A. I finished it yesterday

jefe

Hola Nacho! Welcome, great looking builds!

StereoKills

Quote from: nacho on November 23, 2011, 07:02:08 AM

Wrapped in tape, just like Devi's pedals! :)

Nice job on all!
"Sometimes it takes a thousand notes to make one sound"

p_wats

Quote from: DavenPaget on November 22, 2011, 04:20:03 PM

Is it just my screen or does it seem that your switches are EXTREMELY small ?  :icon_neutral:
Maybe tiltshift ...

The stomps? They're normal size. The toggle is a mini one though...

And damn Frequency Central for posting those phasers right after me. Ha. Nothing can compete with that craftsmanship!

DavenPaget

Quote from: p_wats on November 23, 2011, 10:43:52 AM
Quote from: DavenPaget on November 22, 2011, 04:20:03 PM

Is it just my screen or does it seem that your switches are EXTREMELY small ?  :icon_neutral:
Maybe tiltshift ...

The stomps? They're normal size. The toggle is a mini one though...

And damn Frequency Central for posting those phasers right after me. Ha. Nothing can compete with that craftsmanship!
I seem to like your design , a little less , but both are great .
So it looks like there is accidentally tilt shift photography going on  :P
Hiatus

Pettol

My first builds:

Fuzzface clone.

A ross compressor.

TS808 clone.

A feedback looper.

All labels were done with home made rub-ons.

Perrow

Quote from: Pettol on November 23, 2011, 04:57:27 PM
All labels were done with home made rub-ons.

Tell us more.
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

glops

Clari not not not

Shambler!  Anchovie's Noise Ensemble circuit with a channel switch for normal mode/wet mode and a toggle for a wicked vibrato in
conjunction with the wet mode

Pettol

QuoteAll labels were done with home made rub-ons.

Tell us more.

Sure!

Preparations: obviously the box is sprayed with desired color and then I put a clear coat on (makes it easier to correct mistakes).

The rub-ons:
1.   Use a laserjet to print the reversed labels on a waxy paper. I use decal paper support sheets. The toner does not adhere very well (which is why this works) so don't touch the printout.
2.   Spray the printout lightly with clear coat. I use Montana Gold for this because it dries slowly, which gives me a decent time window for the subsequent transfer. Do not use Montana for the actual clear coat of the box as it has distinctive yellow tone!
3.   When the paint is sticky but not wet, apply the label on the box and rub it lightly with your nail. Remove the paper slowly from one end and if some parts were not transferred correctly, fold the paper back and rub some more.

Finishing: you want to protect your labels with a clear coat. Since the rub-ons will give a bit of structure apply one or two mist coats and let dry before the final clear coat.

I have found some versions of this using super77 (from 3M) and hairspray (!). I believe using clear coats is a bit better (and cheaper). I also recommend spraying the labels, not the box. It makes the transfer easier. And if you don't find the right time (in terms of "stickiness") the first time you can just throw the label away.

~arph

@glops  I LOVE that clari not not not!!!