News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaceSensor

Built my Electric Mistress today. Took about 6 hours
Fired up first time - this is the MN3007, running at 9v.

For the enclosure, my printer is seriously screwing up my regular inkjet decals, so I tried a toner transfer as a screenprint homage. It looks really cool I think! Its not a perfect transfer, so it has that beat up 70s EH vibe and I am pretty happy with it!

Happy holiday building, team  :D

Galego

Quote from: roseblood11 on December 23, 2011, 03:01:46 PM
They look great, but I would surely destroy the knob at the bottom edge.

Gutshots please!!
And can you tell us more about the "Wooden Horse"? Schematic, maybe...?

Schematics, no, I can't, but here's a gut shot of the pedal he's sending to gearmanndude for him to review.

Quote from: Skruffyhound on December 23, 2011, 03:11:37 PM
I don't think we'll be that lucky, but a brief explanation maybe. I suspect there will be some code involved  :D

Hahaha no, no code here, the client wanted the brand to have a vintage feeling, and although I think I could still squeeze in some PIC chips for tremolos and stuff and still sound analog, he'd be pissed if he found out.

I can explain it, yes.

Buffer (can be true-bypassed with the small switch at the top) -> Overdrive -> Sort of a fetzer valve but the bias is set with a knob (the one at the bottom).

There are videos of it here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ToysforyourTone

deadastronaut

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Güero

Quote from: Galego on December 23, 2011, 01:54:15 PM
I've developed a few circuits for a client and am now making these pedals:

REALLY BEATIFUL João!!! Congrats!!!!
Curing the infection one bullet at a time.

Nikolay

Not finished yet. It's time for software now

This is my new 12 channel programmable looper.
3 banks each with 12 presets - total 36 independent presets + free mode
All true bypass relay switching - 12 relays for all loops + 1 relay for mute.

This is a custom one, but I can modify for different musicians
Here are few better pictures from the making process:
http://nikifena.muzikant.org/12ch%20looper/

In the future: MIDI and independent footcontroller and rack with all relays controlled wireless...

GodSaveMetal

Quote from: Nikolay on December 24, 2011, 12:51:18 PM
Not finished yet. It's time for software now

This is my new 12 channel programmable looper.
3 banks each with 12 presets - total 36 independent presets + free mode
All true bypass relay switching - 12 relays for all loops + 1 relay for mute.

This is a custom one, but I can modify for different musicians
Here are few better pictures from the making process:
http://nikifena.muzikant.org/12ch%20looper/

In the future: MIDI and independent footcontroller and rack with all relays controlled wireless...

GODNESS!!!! It's out of this world!!! you will post the layout or scheme for that!! it's amazing!!!!!!!

meffcio

Quote from: GodSaveMetal on December 24, 2011, 12:58:57 PM
you will post the layout or scheme for that!!
I wouldn't bet on that ;)

Galego

Quote from: Güero on December 24, 2011, 09:32:44 AM
REALLY BEATIFUL João!!! Congrats!!!!

Thanks :) I can't really take credit for the looks of the pedals other than not screwing them up while drilling the enclosures  :icon_lol:
The layout and the whole look of the pedal was chosen by the client. I can take credit for all that's inside, hope it looks good too  ;D

Nikolay

The pcb's are double sided. It's almost impossible to do it at home.
Also there is nothing "specific" here: microcontroller, relay driver, relays, and of course a lot of leds and buttons + audio buffer based over OPA2134
The most important part here is the firmware of the microcontrollers. Sorry but I can't post this firmware, and without firmware the schematics and pcb's are useless.

Niki

roseblood11

Wow, the looper is really amazing!
Could you build a midi version of this one, just the loops without the footswitches in a 19" case? I think I would buy one...
My plan was to get one of these: http://woboge.com/midi_looper8.html
and to use my Pod XTlive (or HD500) as the controller. That means that the looper should have 128 Presets that are controllable with midi prog change messages.
(The HD500 has more possibilities, like cc etc, but the XTlive hasn't...)
But 12 loops would be much better than 8, and it would be great to buy it from a forumite...

Nikolay

Here is a sketch how I think my idea of wireless control:
There will be 2 units: One footcontroller with rechargable battery. This controller can store all presets and will have just one supply plug to charge the internal battery.
Another unit will be 2 or 3U rack with all relay controls which will receive signals from footcontroller. These signals will be only for relay control. Not audio signals. Also I think that is a good idea to put some power supply unit for pedals inside the rack unit. In this case all pedals can be powered direct from the rack unit

Here is sketch:

DavenPaget

Well , you could allow the pedals to be inside the rack too .  :icon_mrgreen:
Hiatus

Nikolay

^ This is the exact idea :)
Also, there will be no cables on the stage. Just one for the guitar (if you think that wireless for guitar make the signal bad). Everything will be inside the rack.

Galego

You could just do a midi controlled rack switcher. It's just one cable controlling everything. But if you're comfortable with wireless, that's cool. I wonder what you have to take into account to make sure there are no interferences. You should probably have a frequency selector, or a unique identifier in the data exchanged between the pedal board and the rack, because if two guitarists in the same band use your switcher they can't be interfering with each other.

Nikolay

Of course unique ID. This is better.

G. Hoffman

Speaking as someone who has used a LOT of wireless on stage in the past (Microphones, both analog and digital), the idea of having no cable backup for that wireless switcher makes me want to crawl into a corner, wrap myself into the fetal position, and quiver!  And if you are going to have a MIDI cable for backup (or even better, an Ethercon wire - more robust signal, able to cover longer runs, and easier to replace last minute, since you can use any Cat 5 wire, and that is available ANYWHERE), why not use it all the time, and skip the wireless?  The rack doesn't move during the performance, nor does the footswitch.  A bit of gaffer tape, and your good.

Gabriel

Galego

RJ45 plugs are a bit frail for this application, i think. Midi plugs are much sturdier and they have been used for these sort of application for a long time. The only downside of this is that there would be no point in making a pedal board. I doubt he'd be able to compete price-wise with a behringer midi pedalboard.

DavenPaget

Quote from: Galego on December 26, 2011, 07:50:41 AM
RJ45 plugs are a bit frail for this application, i think. Midi plugs are much sturdier and they have been used for these sort of application for a long time. The only downside of this is that there would be no point in making a pedal board. I doubt he'd be able to compete price-wise with a behringer midi pedalboard.
Don't be too sure to say RJ45 is frail . There are mil-spec connectors available .
Hiatus

snarblinge

These will become more and more standard on stages everywhere, especially as the digital desks make it into pubs

b.

snarblinge.tumblr.com

currynoodles

Many thanks guys for all the posts on this thread. It's threads like these that got me into the hobby.

My 4th build, a commissioned SHO with Volume Knob. Also my first build with a decal. Finished it on Christmas eve to give it to the customer on Christmas day, big red ribbon included.  ;)