News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikolay

^Thanks!

Your multi effect looks so massive and heavy!
BTW, for effect like this you don't need so thicker sheet metal. Typical 1mm sheet is enough.

Niki

Thomeeque

Quote from: sugonidamaso on June 10, 2012, 09:11:27 AM
Great Job T! Always an admirer of your work!

Thanks S :)

May I ask how did you do the wiring? Please? Thank you!

OK, no time now but I'll post some diagram later.

Quote from: Nikolay on June 10, 2012, 09:12:20 AM
BTW, for effect like this you don't need so thicker sheet metal. Typical 1mm sheet is enough.

Thanks, yep, it's 2.5mm steel and I know it's overkill (total weight 1.2kg :icon_rolleyes:), but I don't own sheet bender and the guy I usually go to did not have time for me so I have just bought piece of the thinnest U profile with propper dimensions local store sells. At least I did not have to bother with any strength considerations :D
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

nordicskiah

Quote from: cloudscapes on June 10, 2012, 07:23:09 AM
Quote from: nordicskiah on June 09, 2012, 02:55:42 PM
P.S. Decided to not label volume and gain after trying out my fancy handwriting on paper ^_^

Just noticed the nice knobs, too.  :icon_biggrin: Boss middle? Did you get the problem where the epoxy oozes down the side slit?

Ha, yeah. It kept dripping down and I had no idea where it was coming from. I just kept pushing the knobs on a piece of cardboard with a scrap piece of wire from a resistor or something. As long as I moved it every 20 minutes for the first couple hours it wasn't going to stick. Eventually I took a floor tile, wrapped it in tinfoil and put the knobs on top of it and in the oven. They un-stuck from it pretty well.

Thanks again for all your posts Cloudscapes!

sugonidamaso

Great Job T! Always an admirer of your work!

Thanks S :)

OK, no time now but I'll post some diagram later.

Thank you T. ;D
" The greatest inspiration is often born out of desperation--so be DESPERATE! "

deadastronaut

ok not finished...but... ::)

2 etches for small clone chorus,  the  one on the left is for a old friend who collects war militaria stuff, he'll love this....its his 50th birthday present. :icon_cool:

it will have blue on/off led and a standard 3mm blue pulse led in the centre of the iron cross...  :icon_cool:

the one on the right is the 'baphomet'  for a friend who is an angel witch fan.  old school.....

same blue on/off led...and standard blue in the lap of the baphomet...(baphead )

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Jdansti

Quote from: Thomeeque on June 10, 2012, 09:02:51 AM
Impressive as always, Niki! :)

After long time I did something stompy again, relatively quick and dirty custom multi-fx for my new bandmate with stuff he currently needs (and cannot afford to buy any soon) ..so even my own EM3207 has got finally boxed :D

Little more photos here..

It will get powder-coated later yet, and some better sticker, but we need to use it already now.

Cheers, T.

Very well done!  Where did you get the enclosure?
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

Globe Town Free Arts Lab

Rangemaster + Green Russian Big Muff

Gristleizer

EchoBase

motvej

Echo base
title is smth like "F*KING GROOVY!"

Thomeeque

I have updated the original post.

Quote from: Jdansti on June 10, 2012, 12:42:46 PM
Very well done!  Where did you get the enclosure?

Thanks! I have built it :) Top is 320mm of the steel "open U" profile 70x30x2.5, bottom is 1mm steel sheet with bended sides.

T.
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

darron

Quote from: motvej on June 11, 2012, 07:40:09 AM
Echo base

winner!
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

Ofek Deitch

How did you make those cool labels??

midwayfair

Quote from: motvej on June 11, 2012, 07:40:09 AM
Echo base

ochen xorosho! :)
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

artifus

@ofek - search the forum for slade's etching tutorials

motvej

gulnare

Weekend work:

Harmonic Percolator

Gutz

Weekend stupidity:

Clari(not) w/fuzz lift and feedback knob. I just stuck a 1M pot between the delay out and the in of the PT2399, much chance this will fry the IC?
It seems to work pretty well, nice extended delay tails at lower settings and at max it oscillates then craps out. Turning it down again seems to reset.

Gory

I also had some luck making fader knobs with Fimo, but that pedalboard is buried under guitar cases and it's too hard right now.

Jdansti

Quote from: Thomeeque on June 11, 2012, 07:43:34 AM

I have updated the original post.

Quote from: Jdansti on June 10, 2012, 12:42:46 PM
Very well done!  Where did you get the enclosure?

Thanks! I have built it :) Top is 320mm of the steel "open U" profile 70x30x2.5, bottom is 1mm steel sheet with bended sides.

T.

Thanks for the information on the enclosure! That is a great idea as you can make it any length. 

Thanks also for posting the wiring schematic.  I notice that the resistors and capacitors on the vcc vary for the different effects.  I am curious as to how you decided on the values for each effect. 
  • SUPPORTER

Al Heeley

Last delay pedal build off Tonepad's Rebote 2.5 pcb

bean

Love this thing.

Slade

Quote from: bean on June 11, 2012, 05:23:10 PM
Love this thing.
+1
My personal favourite :icon_biggrin:

That's a really nice plate. The box color fits perfectly.

Jdansti

Quote from: bean on June 11, 2012, 05:23:10 PM
Love this thing.

Very nice!  You should photograph that on on a grill or maybe sitting on a large bun!
  • SUPPORTER