News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slacker

Nice, but you tease us at the end with them all on, we need to hear it  :icon_evil:

bean

Here's my Mutron iii with some mods. A few false starts on this one but I got it together in the end. Sounds creamy! I spelled the name wrong, though. It's supposed to be "Nautilus". Don't care---etch came out well  :)

John Lyons

Nice Brian!

I got board/bored.

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

THOMMO

Clown Face

Thommo  :)
May The Twang Be With You

midwayfair

Quote from: bluebunny on June 19, 2012, 04:50:04 PM
Here's another of my modest efforts:

oooh tubey! What is the circuit? I love Calvin & Hobbes.

My latest boxings:

Amp switch for my Imperial, part of my continuing quest to never use a larger enclosure when a small one will do:

And a working and boxed Madbean Low Rider (Pearl Octaver) -- finally. I built this once before, and then the board died (voltage supply issues) when I boxed it. Troubleshooted it for weeks, actually learning how ICs work in the meantime, and in the end built a new one from scratch.

My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

bluebunny

Quote from: midwayfair on June 21, 2012, 08:57:53 AM
Quote from: bluebunny on June 19, 2012, 04:50:04 PM
Here's another of my modest efforts:

oooh tubey! What is the circuit? I love Calvin & Hobbes.

Here's the thread for Rick's "Promiscuous Girlfriend".  And yeah, C&H are brilliant!
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

tyzjames

Here's my Tone Bender:D

I used to apply the waterslide decal, and then spray lacquer over the whole pedal. Today I sprayed lacquer over the decal before applying, the result looks so much better! I've been seeing some great Hammerite finishes over here! Been experimenting with Hammerite paint for some time but can never ever get a nice finish:/ Do you guys use the aluminium primer before painting?

nordicskiah

And a working and boxed Madbean Low Rider (Pearl Octaver) -- finally. I built this once before, and then the board died (voltage supply issues) when I boxed it. Troubleshooted it for weeks, actually learning how ICs work in the meantime, and in the end built a new one from scratch.

Nice! This is my next project after my current vacation. I'm kind of scared with all the talk of debugging that surrounds this pedal. I feel like I see a lot more discussion around this over at Mr. Brian's forums than any other pedal. Did you end up just starting from scratch again? How does it sound? Looks great!

LaceSensor

Quote from: nordicskiah on June 21, 2012, 11:03:05 AM

Nice! This is my next project after my current vacation. I'm kind of scared with all the talk of debugging that surrounds this pedal. I feel like I see a lot more discussion around this over at Mr. Brian's forums than any other pedal. Did you end up just starting from scratch again? How does it sound? Looks great!

The Lowrider is fine, its just a dense PCB with a high part count so I assume it was user error.
For what its worth, I built 2 in parrallel and both fired up first time and sound spot on.

Ofek Deitch

This is gonna be the first build I actually finished.. ;D

It's gonna be a vintage Hendrix style Fuzz Face, with three knobs - Volume, Fuzz and Pre-Gain.

First I sanded the enclosures:

Then, I painted them with a white base color:

Then sprayed them black

And finally swirl-painted RockBox Style! 8)

I'll post guts and finals soon.  ;)

Ofek :)

hobo_hephew

Octave Fuzz by Hobo Nephew, on Flickr

midwayfair

Quote from: LaceSensor on June 21, 2012, 11:58:05 AM
Quote from: nordicskiah on June 21, 2012, 11:03:05 AM

The Lowrider is fine, its just a dense PCB with a high part count so I assume it was user error.
For what its worth, I built 2 in parrallel and both fired up first time and sound spot on.

LaceSensor's right -- it's simply the density of the board, and I'm not familiar with ICs outside of basic op-amps, so I should specify that my first one worked perfectly at first during testing, and then I did something to it before it got into the box. I just don't know WHAT I did. :)

Just take your time if you're nervous and check off the parts one by one.
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

MovingInSloMo

Quote from: hobo_hephew on June 21, 2012, 03:16:28 PM

Octave Fuzz by Hobo Nephew, on Flickr

Hilarious. Finally they engineered a way to make sex better.

kato

Yikes. I do not think I would put my dong in that.
If school won't teach you how to fight for what's needed
They're teaching you to go through life and get cheated.

nordicskiah

Quote from: kato on June 21, 2012, 08:31:38 PM
Yikes. I do not think I would put my dong in that.

One word: teeth

frequencycentral

Electric Druid's new VCDO a.k.a. "Waverider":

http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

hobo_hephew

First pedal with PCB instead of perf, quite happy with the result!

Wooly Fuzz by Hobo Nephew, on Flickr

motvej

sovtek green muff style, well done!!

poppyman

Hey hobo_hephew!

this old school EH/army-ish box looks really neat! Could I ask where you found that great looking enclosure?

:)

rousejeremy

hobo_hephew that looks awesome!

Here's a ROG Thor. Tried bouncing a dremel with a metal polishing attachment all over for a brushed aluminum texture.

Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com