Impressive as always Slade!!  :o

GUTS... GUTS... GUTS!!
There you go:

And one with its lights on:

Cheers!

Wow-Beautiful!

Just let us know if your head starts spinning when you use it.  :icon_twisted:
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

Mac Walker

SHO booster.....

3/4 of a whisker biscuit (minus output buffer)...

Güero

@ Slade, GREAT WORK MAN!!!!
Muy bonito tu trabajo!!!

Mods and restoration

Curing the infection one bullet at a time.

jolly1423

Mac, I assume that's a tuna can? That looks pretty sweet for what it is. Nice paint job.

poppyman

Mac!
this tuna box looks fantastic. I always wanted to try to put an Fx into a can but I was always worried about the sturdiness of the box. Does it handle the stomping properly?
You obviously found a great way to replace the lid/bottom plate: are these home made?

Anyways, congratulations!  :)

Jdansti

Quote from: poppyman on July 10, 2012, 07:40:47 AM
Mac!
this tuna box looks fantastic. I always wanted to try to put an Fx into a can but I was always worried about the sturdiness of the box. Does it handle the stomping properly?
You obviously found a great way to replace the lid/bottom plate: are these home made?

I dont know if this is what Mac is doing, but there are can openers that unseal the lid instead of cutting it. You end up with a lid that fits nicely back on the can and no sharp edges.  We have this one from Pampered Chef:

http://www.pamperedchef.com/our_products/catalog/product.jsp?productId=31046&categoryCode=KW
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

bluebunny

Here's my take on anchovie's One Chip Chorus, which I eventually boxed after 3+ months:

• SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

midwayfair

Quote from: bluebunny on July 10, 2012, 02:22:32 PM
Here's my take on anchovie's One Chip Chorus, which I eventually boxed after 3+ months:

Business! Lols. [EDit: Oh, it says "Lushness." Oh well.]

Here's what I boxed yesterday:

Harmonic Percolator (from Madbean's schematic) with diode selector switch: 1N695s in the "Even" position and OA126 (a Germanium with really high Fv) in the "Odd" side. Everything from OD to creamy fuzzed out bliss to box of angry bees. Super touch sensitive with the gain at halfway, and very aggressive and punchy in the "Odd" position. One of my favorite fuzzes.

Centaur built on perf. OA126s in the diodes (I like these, can you tell?). The Fv is 6.5 on them, which is really high for a Germanium diode. Sounds worlds better than the last Centaur I built. I used Madbean's Sunking schematic.

Cosmopolitan, a Screwdriver clone. I went as simple as possible on the graphic on this one. I love Skreddy's stuff and I definitely think he's more than just an excellent circuit engineer and tinkerer but that he's also one of the good guys. I really wish I could afford to buy the real thing.
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

Mac Walker

Quote from: poppyman on July 10, 2012, 07:40:47 AM
Mac!

Thanks, the bottom cover is a piece of 1/16" aluminum left over from other projects (don't get high on your own supply!!!)
As far as the sturdiness goes, yeah, it leaves a lot to be desired, although I don't think it would ever crack, as this metal is fairly ductile...

HOTTUBES

Quote from: Slade on July 09, 2012, 09:42:40 AM

Wow ...that is a killer pedal !!
Nice work ...

Is that decal on top ?

poppyman

@ HOTTUBES: I might be wrong but I'm sure it's a (beautiful) "reverse etched" finish. One of the coolest I ever seen. Slade is a master at it.

@ Jdansti: thanks for the link and advice  :)

@ Mac: thanks for sharing, it's time for me to give it a go. I think I'm going to add little "poles" on the side of the stomp switch to see if it makes the tinbox more solid.

midwayfair

Had these basically finished for a little while now, just got around to the paint jobs.

Madbean Smoothie (Phase 45) with mix pot added.

Pew pew pew pew pew!

Clipper Ship prototype

This is one of my "designs" by which I mean "hacks." It's cascaded boosts with a JFET "charge pump" on the second circuit to provide lots of headroom and clean boost, and it has AMZ's improved Stupidly Wonderful Tone Control. The schematic and layout along with a more thorough (read "long winded") explanation are in this post:
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=98091.msg858495#msg858495
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

Leston Braun

This is something I whipped up this week to get this thread closer to page 1000.

Atari Punk Console, Dragonfly's layout with added BMP tone to the output and a killswitch.

ghostsauce

Tore into the Dr Boogey this week... it was my first build and it's been kinda hit & miss with my class 5 lately, so I'm gonna tweak it to be more versatile.

http://ghostsauce.net/random/DBMods1.JPG
http://ghostsauce.net/random/DBMods2.JPG

So I cut out the pcb and stripped out most of the wiring.. gonna re-wire the whole thing nice and clean. Added 3 switches as well..
Changed C11 & C12 to the stock values (gaussmarkov) instead of the 1uf & .5uF respectively.
I put the 10nf cap across lugs 1&3 on a switch so I could take them out if I want (the anti-harsh cap). I did that because of the other 3 Dr Boogey's I made, I loved them without it for some reason.
Did the 'put C1 on a switch' mod, for Raw/Vintage/Modern tones.
And I think I'm going to use the 3rd switch to swap a cap for a bass boost. C3 apparently makes a big difference on how much lows get through so I'll experiment with that first I believe.
And to top it off I socketed a few of the other caps so I can figure out what I want in there. C11, 12, 2, and a few others..

This thing was great before, but it's going to be a beast when it's done!

ghostsauce

Quote from: Geoff Leonard on July 11, 2012, 10:24:11 AM
This is something I whipped up this week to get this thread closer to page 1000.

Atari Punk Console, Dragonfly's layout with added BMP tone to the output and a killswitch.

Hahaha, dude that thing looks so funky. Definitely fits the pedal!

Frances Rhodes

Quote from: Geoff Leonard on July 11, 2012, 10:24:11 AM

hahahaha holy shoot, strat output jack, that is genious!!! makes me wanna buy bigger boxes just so i can try it too!!
"If it's too loud, you're not too old, it's Alancka Effectors."

https://www.facebook.com/alancka.effectors?sk=info

iq01221

not a stomp, but a practice amp. 0,3W with 6BL8:

a/b box for a friend (bi-color led):

g.

FuzzFace // PNP positive ground

Kitarist

Another one i made :D

Kitarist

And this is an "unmodded" pic