News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pyr0

Here's my take on a Rat, I'm also making one for a mate, but it will be a polished box with the same rat design etched into it.

I'm still just building it, can't wait to see it with the led lighting.  :D

kaycee

Quote from: midwayfair on July 10, 2012, 02:52:26 PM

Centaur built on perf. OA126s in the diodes (I like these, can you tell?). The Fv is 6.5 on them, which is really high for a Germanium diode. Sounds worlds better than the last Centaur I built. I used Madbean's Sunking schematic.

'My Little Klony' - thats hilarious :icon_lol:

kupfer_m

My newest : Valvecaster with 7pin miniature tubes. Can be used with both 6C4 (=1/2 12AU7) and 6AB4 (=1/2 12AT7).
Runs on a slightly higher voltage of 20V. Heater voltage is 12 with heaters is series.

davent

^That is super nice, love the colour and matt finish you've acheived and cool jack "bezel". What type/brand of toggle switch did you use there?

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

Nikolay

Quote from: kupfer_m on July 13, 2012, 04:39:55 PM
My newest : Valvecaster with 7pin miniature tubes. Can be used with both 6C4 (=1/2 12AU7) and 6AB4 (=1/2 12AT7).
Runs on a slightly higher voltage of 20V. Heater voltage is 12 with heaters is series.

BEAUTYYYYYYY! Amazing colors man!
Respect !!!

Nikolay

And this is my final project. I finish this looper 2 days ago.
It's a 12 channel custom programmable stompbox footcontroller with a lot of options and presets

Niki

cloudscapes

Holy Mother of Jacks!  :o

looks like a super clean build! nice one! guts?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

Nikolay

Thanks. I forget to make a picture inside the looper. Next time ;)

Magnus

Hello together,
it took a long time but now I have finished another pedal, so here is my "FUZZ FACE Vintage Germanium",
I tried everything to get the real look and "vintage-mojo-vibe", such as the wire-colors, the solder-lug on the pcb,
the right jacks and so on, here are the details:

- Enclosure: Type B
- etched Pertinax-PCB (screws screwed into glue-sockets)
- matched PNP-Germaniumtransistors Type NKT275 from DSI
- 1N34A-Germanium-Diode
- matched Carbon-Film-Resistors
- Vishay BC (Electrolytic-) Input-Capacitor, matched to 2,5uF
- NOS Siemens (Polystyrene-) Output-Capacitor, matched to 10nF
- Philips BC 123, 22uF / 16V (Elektrolytic-) Ground-Capacitor, matched to 20uF
- Bias-Trimpot for Q2
- quality Miyama-Toggleswitch
(de/activates Transistor-Stabilisation with 1N34A)
- positive ground
- low current-led

...yes, the DSI's are not real vintage-mojo but they sound good,
I will try AC128's too when I have the second fat-sized one for Q2...

Greetings
Magnus
AMZ Booster, Dist. +, DOD 250,
Dr. Boogey, Fuzz Face's, JCM800-Emu, LPB1,
May Booster, Obsidian, Orange T/B-Booster,
Pentaboost, Prof. Tweed, Rangemaster's,
SansAmp GT2, Superfly (Amp), Guv'nor,
Tone Bender MKI/MKII/MKIII, TS 808

NazzTazz

LoveP€dal Purple Plex| 8OO Clone... (Re-named JCM800, yep I know, not my best idea).

A little boo-boo on artwork (left leg of M)

Funny, I wanted a pure cyan for JCM, and printer did it greenish. I'm colorblind tho, but I think it's more green than cyan.

Still those boring bubbles between design and enclosure... I tried: putting a bit of water on the box before applying, making pinholes to let bubbles escape... I'm definitely bad at applying stickers.

Guts: This is a one-shot build, so I didn't plan the layout. Board could be smaller, components more evenly-spaced... Still makes the job, tho.

I wish I could get 1$ for each guy who thinks "Hey dude, your offboard wiring sucks".

edd29

musiclikscreams

An old fuzz face clone I did years ago. I swapped out the trannies and a dead pot and wrapped it up in notebook paper last night

Gotta admit I stole the labeled knobs idea from here haha. I forgot who it was that just recently posted one. Props/cred goes to him

Leston Braun

Quote from: musiclikscreams on July 17, 2012, 03:23:28 PM

An old fuzz face clone I did years ago. I swapped out the trannies and a dead pot and wrapped it up in notebook paper last night

Gotta admit I stole the labeled knobs idea from here haha. I forgot who it was that just recently posted one. Props/cred goes to him

Nice! Did you glue the paper on or is it just held by nuts on pots and jacks?

musiclikscreams

Quote from: Geoff Leonard on July 17, 2012, 04:56:56 PM
Nice! Did you glue the paper on or is it just held by nuts on pots and jacks?
Looked all over the house and couldn't find glue lol. So I just taped it inside the enclosure. On my next build I'm goin to glue it and give it a few layers of clear coat

Jurassic

Quote from: Magnus on July 15, 2012, 07:08:55 AM

Greetings
Magnus

Wow! Nice work! :) I really like this one!

Thomeeque

Already presented multi-FX for my bandmate, now powder-coated and with slightly better but still temporary sticker (and shot in outer space this time :)):

T.
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

deadastronaut

^ very cool.....you spelt colour wrong   ;D ;)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

darron

Quote from: deadastronaut on July 18, 2012, 07:22:29 AM
^ very cool.....you spelt colour wrong   ;D ;)

that's only for us English speaking people... they have a variant on the language called American i believe... :D
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

Thomeeque

One way or another the *proper* clone must clone even spelling errors to achieve original mojo :icon_mrgreen:
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

jimmybjj

My latest effort, all smd resistors on back of pcb