News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmybjj

Govmnt_Lacky

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

jimmybjj

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on July 22, 2012, 06:59:34 PM
Is this a plastic enclosure?  :icon_eek:

No, It is a standard 125b that is powdercoated. Finishing technique is something i am working/experimenting with. What is your impression of it?

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: jimmybjj on July 22, 2012, 07:04:06 PM
No, It is a standard 125b that is powdercoated. Finishing technique is something i am working/experimenting with. What is your impression of it?

The straight sides of the enclosure threw me off. I like what you did with the finish. Is that a bare metal strip across the top or is it paint?
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Pyr0

Megadeth themed Krank Distortus Maximus  :icon_twisted:

midwayfair

Quote from: jimmybjj on July 22, 2012, 06:52:51 PM

Now that's just sexy. Really digging your new semi-gloss powdercoating.
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

John Lyons

That looks cool Jimmy. I have done a crude version of the black with silver edge but mine was a sand through....  

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Pyr0

John, where do you get those amazing PCB's ?

John Lyons

I make them myself, thanks.

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Jdansti

Quote from: jimmybjj on July 22, 2012, 06:07:11 PM
Quote from: Jdansti on July 22, 2012, 01:56:23 PM
Cool knobs! Are those 9mm or .380 casings epoxied onto the pot shafts?

They are 40cal. I used hot glue. I deeply scored the shaft of the pot to give the glue something to hold to. I didn't want to use epoxy in case i ever needed to remove the pot. It seems to be on there really good, only time will tell.

Thanks!  Great idea!  I guess if you ever have to remove them, you could use a heat gun to remelt the glue.
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

jimmybjj

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on July 22, 2012, 07:18:51 PM
The straight sides of the enclosure threw me off. I like what you did with the finish. Is that a bare metal strip across the top or is it paint?

Thanks, The strip is bare metal.

Quote from: John Lyons on July 22, 2012, 08:16:30 PM
That looks cool Jimmy. I have done a crude version of the black with silver edge but mine was a sand through.... 

Thanks John, your builds are awesome as usual. Your the reason i put as much effort into my builds as i do.

Quote from: midwayfair on July 22, 2012, 08:12:20 PM
Now that's just sexy. Really digging your new semi-gloss powdercoating.

midwayfair

Black is in this year, right?

All the controls are redacted, but I bet everyone can figure them out!

True bypass ---- on Rej's (GrindCustom's) recent group buy PCB. Easy to work with. I used a pair of intentionally mismatched OA1160s in this.
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

darron

this is the heaviest 'inspiration' that i've ever done... but it's just the one so hopefully the good people out there aren't offended. assembled by shaun klinger. the artwork is powder coat fine black.

Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

markeebee

^ Very cool Darron.  I tried to do a similar homage to a CE-1 once, but it didn't turn out half as neat as that.

A message from Bee Baa, my cat:

spruce moose

This is something I made late last year. Only just found the pictures.

It's a Russian muff (mutant) clone with added mix and noise gate + plus goes sub octave when the eyes are in blue mode.. with standard functions the eyes are red  
I operate a weird sound factory in the loft space of a 70's disco bar

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lightning-Bear/112076745550058

http://soundcloud.com/lightning-bear

Kev77

That looks great brospeh, are they available yet?

KMG

5W FET PA with transformer output.

Micro FET PA (250mW) with speaker simulator & mixer for "night" playing & line recording.

Thomeeque

Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

garcho

@KMG

Bravo, inspiring build! Feel free to start a build thread...   ;)
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

Jdansti

Quote from: garcho on July 24, 2012, 12:14:26 PM
@KMG

Bravo, inspiring build! Feel free to start a build thread...   ;)

I agree!  Found it on his website here:
http://milas.spb.ru/~kmg/fetpa_en.html

• SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...