News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DUY1337GUITAR

IT'S BEEN YEARS SINCE I POSTED PICTURES!

Fuzz Factory clone I built for a coworker

I was surprised to get some heavy tones from this; this thing is much fun to tweak with.

Also I posted these years before, I believe, but I wanted to bring them up again.  Two SHO clones:

And a Dr. Boogey enclosure:

If I was to paint enclosures, would anyone be willing to buy?  College is taking up all of my money and I need to find a way to make a little cash, just so I can continue making pedals haha.  Let me know if it's something worth trying. 
Check out my guitar build at http://www.youtube.com/user/DUY1337GUITAR

I might not always be right, but I'm never wrong....

aion

Madbean Ego Driver board.

~arph

Vallhagen

Maybe i should contribute to this thread at least ONCE before the infamous 1000 competition...

Here is my latest build; the MFOS SUB-Commander. Excuse the poor picture quality.

Cheers!

garcho

Wow, bravo, someday I hope to make that thing.
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

cloudscapes

That's crazy! Love it!

I've been meaning to create a project in one of those massive slanted boxes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

ludashoeless

how do you post pics?

ludashoeless

thanks

bsiab2

really nails the marshall sound

darron

Quote from: Vallhagen on August 03, 2012, 08:47:48 AM

just beautiful. don't see the thread wrapping much anymore.
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

cloudscapes

What's the thread wrapping wrapped with? Looks too thick to be string. Ground wire? And yes it is beautiful!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

Vallhagen

Quote from: cloudscapes on August 03, 2012, 09:15:22 PM
What's the thread wrapping wrapped with? Looks too thick to be string. Ground wire? And yes it is beautiful!

I dont know the english word for it, but its nothing fancy. "Hemp yarn"? I attach a few, hopefully better close-up pics.

And Thanx guys:) ... it really took me some time to finnish this mad machine.

Cheers

elenore19

That's fantastic work!
I'd love to see a closeup of that board. Hot damn, that things a beauty.

darron

Quote from: Vallhagen on August 04, 2012, 03:25:04 AM
I dont know the english word for it, but its nothing fancy. "Hemp yarn"? I attach a few, hopefully better close-up pics.

not sure where to get that... but if we had the required ingredients could we make some? (:
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

Vallhagen

Quote from: elenore19 on August 04, 2012, 03:26:46 AM
That's fantastic work!
I'd love to see a closeup of that board. Hot damn, that things a beauty.

Ok, i hear ya:)... hope this will do. To the left is the regulated +/- 12VDC board. I feed the whole thing with a VAC wallwart.

Quote from: darron on August 04, 2012, 03:47:24 AM
Quote from: Vallhagen on August 04, 2012, 03:25:04 AM

not sure where to get that... but if we had the required ingredients could we make some? (:

Hehe... as i think about it, maybe its just cotton? Linen thread? Last time i used the technique was in the early 90-s, back in my cable-guy days... It suited this project though, i think:)

Ronan

Hemp yarn is correct, its an old ball of string, made of hemp.

bhill

When I worked for the phone company several decades ago we used waxed rayon twine to make our wire looms in that fashion.

davent

At least in this part of the world people use hemp string to braid a myriad of bracelets, anklets, what-ever incorporating beads and stuff. Hemp is a great, tough fibre should be able to find it in a crafty type store.

In place of waxed rayon could you use something like waxed dental floss?

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

tuckster

Quote from: davent on August 04, 2012, 09:23:49 AM
Isn't this much more expensive?
  • SUPPORTER

davent

Quote from: tuckster on August 04, 2012, 12:04:55 PM
Quote from: davent on August 04, 2012, 09:23:49 AM
Isn't this much more expensive?

No idea as i wouldn't know where to even begin a search for waxed rayon, my dentist gives me dental floss and toothbrushes so i always have floss around,  i get free dental floss for the mere cost of a dental checkup.

You're right, rayon's got to be cheaper.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg