SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ludashoeless

Quote from: Vallhagen on August 04, 2012, 03:25:04 AM
Quote from: cloudscapes on August 03, 2012, 09:15:22 PM
What's the thread wrapping wrapped with? Looks too thick to be string. Ground wire? And yes it is beautiful!

I dont know the english word for it, but its nothing fancy. "Hemp yarn"? I attach a few, hopefully better close-up pics.

And Thanx guys:) ... it really took me some time to finnish this mad machine.

Cheers

thats sweet

John Lyons

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Govmnt_Lacky

@John,

It never ceases to amaze me the endless amount of backdrops you have for your pictures  ::) Kind of dangerous in a way as whenever I see you have poted a new pic, my eyes are immediately drawn away from the pedal and on to the scenery!  :D

Stunning work as always!!  :icon_cool:
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

edd29

my new built echobase and decimator

midwayfair

^ Edd, those are absolutely spectacular.

Tonight's boxing:

Madbean Quadrovibe (optical vibrato/tremolo). Haberdasher etched the board for me.
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

Jurassic

Here's my latest! I never liked the original footswitch on the EHX Freeze-pedal, so I did a little modification.
More info and pics: http://www.jurimusic.com/modding-the-electro-harmonix-freeze/
- Juri

metalero30

Bass driver. vic rattlehead design

Govmnt_Lacky

@metalero

Love the graphic on your build! Impressive  :o
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America

RandomGlitch

"Giant Cyborg Fuzz"

The "fuzz" part is a single transistor (2N2222) fuzz, based on Hemmo's Bazz Fuss design, with some refinements to capacitor values to that it is bassy but a bit tighter in sound.

An additional tone stage optimized for the bass guitar.  "Gate" controls the bias level so you can go from a smooth sustain to very gated.  Great when you "dig in". 

There's an additional gain stage that gives a massive volume boost. The tone goes from quite synthy, even 8-bit like, to aggressive, a wall of sound. Fantastic in my three-piece band, sounds almost like another guitar playing with the bass.

The graphic is based on a Melbourne pedestrian crossing graphic, which always reminded me of a robot rather than a person. The name is from a lyric in "They Might Be Giants" song.

I did the graphics on a color laser printer, onto ordinary paper.  Cut it out and attached it with spray mount contact adhesive, then gave it about 10 coats of clear spray lacquer.  After a while the paper stops soaking up the lacquer and starts to go shiny.  I think it looks pretty good. I did the graphic after drilling so my alignments are not perfect - the TONE and GIANT CYBORG could do with being a couple of millimeters higher up. Anyway, it's just an experiment, next time I'll plan it a bit better and get it all spot on.

Hope you like it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Mustachio

I always mean to post pics here and never get around to it.

Here's a Dynacomp with jangle box mod I made on vero. Used a metal can style original RCA ca3080 from the mid 70s. Gotta say I love this comp just sounds great! Built this about 6+ months ago

And here's the guts (ugly messy insides)

Here's a Tone bender MK2 with on-board charge pump Just finished this not long ago. Used 2 russian ufo's and an AC128K This is one of my favorite fuzzes. Its just so mean and sustains forever.

And guts.

Not sure about putting any graphics on the tonebender I sorta like the polished aluminum look :D
"Hhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg"

teej212

keep the aluminum look! thats perfect.  you've convinced me i need a tonebender!

Pyr0

Just finished a Cornish G2 using Madbean's Darkside pcb layout. I played around with a lot of different diodes before settling on BAT43's and OA90's. The diodes really do make a big difference to this pedal. Sounds nice.

Lurco

over 1500 views within one day! what a thread!

~arph

So.. anyone else eager to see what is going to be on page 1000  ;D

ludashoeless

Quote from: ~arph on August 07, 2012, 08:44:20 AM
So.. anyone else eager to see what is going to be on page 1000  ;D

:icon_mrgreen:

StefSamy

Hi

My Treblebooster Gé from MD

An external power supply for EMG pickups :D

skullservant

Clarinot with gain control and fuzz blast footswitch that dimes the gain knob.:

The gain knob is a 100k pot, with most of the gain being contained in the last 5% of the taper. Whats neat about it is how clean it stays up until that last 5%. The only thing that is ADDED by keeping it under that threshold is the amount of warble and crinkle available to be tapped. I LOVE running fuzz into it while its set up clean. It sounds like an answering machine.

LaceSensor

Lovetone Doppelganger clone

Andr3as

GE Fuzz face, pretty close to the original.. Seems like  I need to replace the 8,2k res with a trim, oh well...
FREAKIN GOLD KNOBS.  :icon_biggrin:

Govmnt_Lacky