HT8950 Pitch Modulator Robot

Tremolo Optical

Pitch Pirate

KMG

Quote from: puretube on August 08, 2012, 09:10:46 PM

modulated Fuzz...

(soundclips elsewhere on da web...)

:icon_lol:

My equipment for matching tube & fet stages.

norim_13

Arseniy @ The octaver is octave up, octave down, or both?

Keppy

The headliners of the Zombie Apocalypse:

"Electrons go where I tell them to go." - wavley

LaceSensor

Haddock

Gentlemen, my 1000! competition entry. :icon_evil:

The end of the world distortion and here ist the recipe: first okko dominator clone, second a isp decimator clone, last but not least: mix it and fix it :D.

The pots are all iluminated, the isp pot has a led bar from 1 to 10. The resistors are all white painted and the pcb has a decal.

Good luck everyone ;D

Greetings from switzerland
Urs

Bigger pics are here ;)
http://forum.musikding.de/cpg/thumbnails.php?album=618

Jdansti

Quote from: Haddock on August 11, 2012, 11:00:25 AM
Gentlemen, my 1000! competition entry. :icon_evil:

The end of the world distortion and here ist the recipe: first okko dominator clone, second a isp decimator clone, last but not least: mix it and fix it :D.

Yet another great entry!
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

kwijibo

Quote from: LaceSensor on August 11, 2012, 08:31:29 AM

I see Montana Hardcore in the background, have you used this on pedals? Did you use a primer or just paint straight onto metal? Cheers.

Beo

My 1000 Competition Entry

LOST - Echo Station
Created by The Delay Initiative

Psychological Experiment, or the Ultimate Human Failsafe?

Your responsibility: Push The Button, every 108 seconds, and keep the electromagnetic pile contained!!!

If you're not familiar with the TV show LOST, here's a primer for my inspiration:

Here's my demo:

Here's the Pics:

Details:

Two Display Modes, after startup display (with scrolling):

1.       Push The Button Mode, reset a 108 second CountDown by punching the execute button before time runs out! (You're dead message if you fail to do so). Enabled via internal pin jumper.

2.       Normal Mode, with Delay Tempo and Scale displayed in Milliseconds (max around 1200ms, min around 70ms). Updated once per second. Tempo from Pot or Tap StompSwitch. (Tempo and Scale flashing LEDs always available)

Functions:
1.       Echobase Tap Tempo Delay, Rotary Scale control, Tails, Repeat Tone Control (Smoke Monster) and CRITICAL switch (runaway oscillations).
2.       Execute Button has two modes:
         a.       When effect is on and CRIT mode is enabled, holding Execute causes CRITICAL repeat runaway, which fades away when released.
                   (Also resets Containment CountDown)
         b.      When effect is off, Execute punches in the delay as long as held. Goes CRITICAL if CRIT mode is enabled.
                  (Also resets Containment CountDown)

Random Meltdown Messages (Scrolling):
BOOM!!! U R DEAD
IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT
HE'S DEAD JIM
THERE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN EARTH SHATTERING KABOOM
ITS MADE FROM PEOPLE
NUKE IT FROM ORBIT
CONTAINMENT BREACH
ITS COMING FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE
YOU WILL BE ASSIMULATED
MCGRUBBER!!!
YOU MANIACS! YOU BLEW IT UP! AH, DAMN YOU! GOD DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!
ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE

This was my first time working with microcontrollers. Fortunately I knew C programming from college. All I can say is that AVR Dragon DebugWire is the bomb!!!

Travis

Here's some big photos:

midwayfair

Not a contest entry, just my latest build. A 1590A build of CultureJam/Effdub's Shoot the Moon, which was based on the Tremulus Lune.

Glow in the dark knobs, and the moons on the side glow too. The "crackle" texturing came out much better here than my initial attempt -- I found that just putting down some ascetone in appropriate areas before spraying on the clear coat created some cleaner wrinkles.

It could have been a contest entry if I were willing to really stretch. One of my favorite lines in a song is the first half of the second verse of this song:

What a disappointing apocalypse
Thought rich folks would escape on their rocket ships
Instead like the rest of us with hands on their hips
They're wondering what this is about

This thread is showing that it probably won't be a disappointing apocalypse.
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

LaceSensor

Quote from: kwijibo on August 11, 2012, 11:47:38 AM
Quote from: LaceSensor on August 11, 2012, 08:31:29 AM

I see Montana Hardcore in the background, have you used this on pedals? Did you use a primer or just paint straight onto metal? Cheers.
its tinted, I dont like it, and it doesnt dry well. not recommended.

pakrat

Ok, here's my entry... sort of.....It's a Ustomp Ampeg scrambler paired up with a Tonepad MXR Distortion plus.
I chose the ampeg scrambler because it sounds like doom. The distortion plus idea came from a thread where Mark Hammer recommended putting these two together... thanks Mark!
On the distortion plus side, you have the choice of germanium diodes (1N34A), or 5mm red leds for clipping. The red led is top center of the myan calendar and lights when in use.
On the scrambler side, you can use either BC169B, or 2N3904 trannys.
Unfourtunately, this pedal is not currently working. I planned this out as soon as I entered, but renovations at the house left me no time to build it. I was up until 5am last night trying to finish, but ran out of time to debug. Good luck to everyone, all of the entries look amazing!

Mustachio

man midway you really can fit a lot in those boxes! nice stuff I like the paintjobs too. Was a lil shocked at how much you got in there since its based on a tremulous lune.

Here's my recently built tremulous lune. Was gonna wait to post it but I got a bunch more pics of recent builds to post.

Yeah the owls eyes flash to the speed of the trem O,o
"Hhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg"

artifus

cute! i like it! awesome contest entries - really enjoying it.

Perrow

This is my entry to the competition.

I did a little thinking and got to the conclusion that the end of the world must be the same as the edge of the world.

Of course the viking theme lead to the Norse mythology and Rangarök. The in and out are therefore designated "Fimbulwinter" and "Ragnarök" (Fimbulwinter being the time that precedes Ragnarök). The Blood, Sweat, Toil and Tears are of course another reference to a time when I'm sure many thought the (or at least their) world would end.

Mandatory gut shot.

The led and pots are board mounted "reverse side".

My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

mth5044

Quote from: Keppy on August 11, 2012, 08:26:45 AM

Nice! What are those little standoffs your using for the pots?

Keppy

Are you referring to the solder lugs on the rotary switch? There aren't any pots in that photo. I used long-pin board-mounted pots where I could. When I couldn't get the value I needed, I used standard 16mm pots with solder lugs and mounted them to the PCB with wires in place of the pins.
"Electrons go where I tell them to go." - wavley

midwayfair

Quote from: Mustachio on August 11, 2012, 04:54:59 PM
man midway you really can fit a lot in those boxes! nice stuff I like the paintjobs too. Was a lil shocked at how much you got in there since its based on a tremulous lune.

Here's my recently built tremulous lune. Was gonna wait to post it but I got a bunch more pics of recent builds to post.

Yeah the owls eyes flash to the speed of the trem O,o

This is so cute! Very nice build.

Thanks for the kind words, too. DIY Layout Creator is great for determining whether something's going to be small enough, and deciding on an innie or outie DC jack can wait until after the board has gone in for a dry fit.

Perrow ... so is this a muff?
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

Perrow

Quote from: midwayfair on August 11, 2012, 11:48:15 PM
Perrow ... so is this a muff?

Sure is. That's what I wanna play with when it ends  :icon_mrgreen:
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)