News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pyr0

A friend bought the Transparent OverDrive Deluxe pcb from guitarpcb.com with the intention of making it himself before he realised he would need tools, parts, etc. So he asked me to make it for him. He wanted it to go beside his original Timmy on his pedal board so wanted it to look similar, he suggested the name Toddy  :D

darron

thanks guys. yep, it was a FSH. cool for Shaun to bring it around and listen too indeed!

the univibe has two layers, the text and the patter which is only just scratched in and kind of looks like a clear plastic layer... very trippy sort of light/shadow patten trick.
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

RandomGlitch

Here's my Fuzz Factory clone.  In a bigger enclosure, because I want more room for those knobs!

Used Ivmark's turret layout and added a 'bass' switch (adds in a higher value cap), using 80's Russian "top hat" transistors purchased from chomesphere.

Hope you like it!

Güero

True bypass + led

Big Muff - Russian Green  Tall Font Specs

Curing the infection one bullet at a time.

AnalogPackrat

After several months on my protoboard setup I finally finished my ToneBender Mk II project today.  I tried all kinds of things before settling on this particular circuit.  It's an NPN version based on the Fuzz Central MindBender but with Silicon for Q1 and Q2 and Germanium for Q3.  I eliminated the input treble cut cap (the 10nF to ground) which makes it sound better with guitar volume rolled back (and you can use your guitar tone to kill treble at the input).  I also added a bias control on Q3.  I tried one on Q2 but I don't care for gated or velcro fuzz tones.  Bias on Q3 gives a range of tones from full bore to crunchy asymmetry with prominent octave.  The bright switch puts a cap across the 1k feeding into the Q3 collector resistor.  The switch selects 10nF (bright), 32nF (slightly less bright), and 78nF (even less bright) so the pedal will work with lots of different amps.

I tried a huge range of transistors and ended up with a 2N2369 (Hfe = 46) for Q1, an old 2N5856 (Hfe = 94) for Q2, and a 2N1306 (Hfe = 133, 58uA leakage) for Q3.  My second favorite setup was a 2N4124 (Hfe = 135) in Q3.  The 1306 is a bit mushier and less edgy which I liked better.  I tried a low Hfe Germanium in Q1, but the hiss was too much for me.  I want to try a Ge in Q2, but all of the ones I have are either way over 100 Hfe or lower than 50.

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with the range of sounds I can get out of it as it stands.  My wiring is not so neat, but it works for me.

Galego

Quote from: Güero on September 02, 2012, 03:44:52 PM

True bypass + led

bypass? You put a switch on that? Meh, if you can switch it off, it's no longer a Kirk Hammet wah...

;D

Güero

Quote from: Galego on September 03, 2012, 05:46:48 PM
Quote from: Güero on September 02, 2012, 03:44:52 PM

True bypass + led

bypass? You put a switch on that? Meh, if you can switch it off, it's no longer a Kirk Hammet wah...

;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Curing the infection one bullet at a time.

garcho

Kirk's over-use of the wah is by far the smallest of Metallica's musical crimes. Early stuff rules, though.
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

Pyr0

Triple Wreck, with pre-boost on vero.

Wiring was a bitch, and not the neatest, but it works fine, just a slight bit of noise at high gain setting with single coils

ApAcHe*

TS and Reverb, the best of Stratocaster's tone

wavley

Quote from: garcho on September 04, 2012, 03:42:16 PM
Kirk's over-use of the wah is by far the smallest of Metallica's musical crimes. Early stuff rules, though.

I remember reading an interview back when the black album came out and if I remember correctly, Bob Rock kept hiding his wah pedal so he wouldn't use it so much and he just kept buying more!
New and exciting innovations in current technology!

Bone is in the fingers.

EccoHollow Art & Sound

eccohollow.bandcamp.com

kato

LOL on the "Bone Tender;" I bit right into it.   :D

If school won't teach you how to fight for what's needed
They're teaching you to go through life and get cheated.

paulyy

@Güero= I think thats the best looking wah Jim Dulop makes. Nice work as always.

midwayfair

Madbean's new Kingslayer project. With artwork depicting one of the most famous King (and queen and duke ... and inventor ...) slayers of all time. The enclosure is blue starlight from Pedal Parts Plus. There's a basket drawn on the "out" side of the pedal, too. I think we all know that's that's there for. don'tslipintheblood.

Built fairly close to Brian's stock values except for reverting to the original tone cap value (3n9 instead of Brian's 5n6). Had some fun with the diodes since I have so many different types ... Top to bottom, OA126 (.542) & D9J (.271) [asym], and 1N34A (.37) & OA1160 (.37) [sym]. Soft clippers are 2N7000s & a BAT41 on one side. I <3 asymmetric clipping.
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

chi_boy

Quote from: Pyr0 on September 05, 2012, 08:42:47 AM
Triple Wreck, with pre-boost on vero.

I really like that look.  Nice and clean.  That's a 1590, right?
"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people." — Admiral Hyman G. Rickover - 1900-1986

The Leftover PCB Page

danielzink

BYOC Soaring Skillet (Ibanez FP-777 Flying Pan clone)

Dan

Pyr0

Quote from: chi_boy on September 06, 2012, 10:21:04 PM

I really like that look.  Nice and clean.  That's a 1590, right?
Thanks. Yes it's a 1590NS

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: danielzink on September 07, 2012, 07:18:01 AM
BYOC Soaring Skillet (Ibanez FP-777 Flying Pan clone)

Dan

What....... NO GUTS??
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

danielzink

visualdistortion

Madbean Faultline (Catalinbread SFT) made for my bass player.