News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Lyons

You should be able to get any size.
Just a matter of finding it with the thickness/color you want.
The pieces I have are only about 10 inches long.
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

pakrat

Here's my first attempt at waterslide decals. This took a lot of trial and error for me, but I learned a lot....
Tube screamer with opamp switching and the more common mods.... mid hump, sym/asym, and diode switching. The opamp switching was kind of a big job for the result.... I can't hear a difference. The led clipping is a big difference however...

And the rats nest gut shot:

semicolonoscopy

My first boxed up circuit in quite a while. Taylor's echo base pcb. Took me forever to get everything in place and working, so the guts are not so pretty, but it all works! Awesome pedal.

garcho

^ nice job! looks pro
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

rockhorst

Good looking box Pakrat! How did you do the opamp switching? Does it work properly?

Edit: When I swapped the 4558 for an OPA in one of my TS builds, I found the change to be pretty dramatic actually. At first I liked it, then I swapped it back. I found the OPA to be a bit dark and undefined. On the other hand, I've never really cared for the difference between sym/asym, but slightly favor symmetrical clipping.
Nucleon FX - PCBs at the core of tone

haveyouseenhim

Quote from: rockhorst on September 25, 2012, 04:59:14 PM
Good looking box Pakrat! How did you do the opamp switching? Does it work properly?

He probably stacked them an has the pins for power bent out going to a switch
  • SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

pakrat

@rockhorst haveyouseenhim is correct, it is opamp stacking. I read about it at beavisaudio: http://www.beavisaudio.com/projects/ScreamerLab/ (awesome site!). I can't hear any difference between the 2, but I just finished that pedal in a rush to use it at a gig, haven't had the time to really mess with it. I wonder if stacking the opamps changes the sound of them? All in all, it sounds better to my ears than my commercial tube screamers, and the led clipping sounds amazing for thrash  :icon_evil:

haveyouseenhim

I got bored and boxed up my fet matching circuit. Doesn't look good but it works. :D

• SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

bean

I friggin love this!

Govmnt_Lacky

@brian

Yeah... That font looks eerily familiar  :P
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

pakrat

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on September 25, 2012, 10:09:48 PM
@brian

Yeah... That font looks eerily familiar  :P

Hmmmm..... I guess it does.....  :-[

rockhorst

No need for the sad face...that font has been used and abused a lot...basically the new comic sans :icon_mrgreen:
Nucleon FX - PCBs at the core of tone

midwayfair

Quote from: rockhorst on September 26, 2012, 02:20:44 AM
No need for the sad face...that font has been used and abused a lot...basically the new comic sans :icon_mrgreen:

It's SUPERHERO SANS! Mild mannered font by day ...
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

bean

Quote from: midwayfair on September 26, 2012, 08:54:53 AM

It's similar to badaboom, but a bit slicker, IMO. Plus, the gradient and color scheme just makes the whole thing "pop". Really dig it.

pakrat

Perrow

Where can I get it?
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: pakrat on September 25, 2012, 12:24:29 PM

Looks good enough for a competition entry! Except, now we have seen it so maybe the NEXT one....

Hmmmmmmmm.......  ::)
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

midwayfair

Quote from: Perrow on September 26, 2012, 10:27:20 AM

Where can I get it?

Oh crap, someone thought I was serious. I was making stuff up, sorry that wasn't clear. :D
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

Pyr0

Quote from: motvej on September 23, 2012, 11:57:56 AM
Quote from: Perrow on September 21, 2012, 02:33:18 AM
Quote from: motvej on September 20, 2012, 05:29:17 PM
Thanks guys!!! :icon_redface:
In spite of good exterior design, guts are REALLY, REALLY TERRIBLE!)))

Pictures or it didn't happen  :icon_evil:

;D

NOOoooo!!! it will be a huge shame!!!

Instead, I'll show you my first work with a small enclosure: Colorsound one knob fuzz

I really like this etch, well done. Is that the Led Zeppelin font you used ?
I really must start etching again, only had one or two good ones and multiple failures  :(