News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slacker

Quote from: slacker on January 17, 2013, 12:39:56 PM
Doesn't exist in reality yet but I just finished making this :)

John Lyons

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

pickdropper

John, that looks great (as always).

What's going on with the background?  I really dig it.

pickdropper

This is a 4-1 in recently did.  Lunar Module + Phase 90 + Reverb + MultiPlex delay.  The verb and delay order can be switched via the FWD/REV control up top.

John Lyons

Wow! That's fantastic. I Like the shaped control plates and the larger washers
for this build. The two textures along with the lasered text and black/silver theme
really looks sharp. Clean machine inside given 4 boards... Great work.

What's going on with the background?  I really dig it.
Just a wide aperture and some christmas lights.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bokeh

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Nikolay

pickdropper, this effect is great! I like it, man!
Respect

davent

John, as always your pedals put a big smile on my face, hats off!
Pickdropper, you've set the bar incredibly high, do you have a background in design? Great job!
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

pickdropper

Quote from: davent on February 09, 2013, 02:04:05 PM
John, as always your pedals put a big smile on my face, hats off!
Pickdropper, you've set the bar incredibly high, do you have a background in design? Great job!

Actually, I'm far from en expert at design.  I've just found that by hacking my way through these things that I can come up with things that I like visually.

I will say that building pedals has greatly increased my ability to do things in Illustrator and to some degree Photoshop.  I think in another life I might have been able to do graphic design.  Until recently, I wouldn't have guessed that since I can't draw by hand to save my life.

garcho

QuoteI Like the shaped control plates and the larger washers
for this build. The two textures along with the lasered text and black/silver theme
really looks sharp.

+1

I love how the plates fit together, like continental plates or something. bravo.

@John, the texture on that plate is beautiful!
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

garcho

and SLACKER...

...Paypal? Store? I don't even know what the hell it is, but I want one!
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

Ice-9

Quote from: slacker on February 09, 2013, 06:05:39 AM
Quote from: slacker on January 17, 2013, 12:39:56 PM
Doesn't exist in reality yet but I just finished making this :)

Very nice Ian, to me that looks like an FV-1 pcb you have gone and made. MMMmmmmm Lurvly
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

slacker

Spot on Mick, been working at it on and off for a year or so, I'll be posting about it soon, just got to finish the docs.
@garcho keep your money in your pocket for now ;)

Ice-9

Quote from: slacker on February 09, 2013, 05:50:45 PM
Spot on Mick, been working at it on and off for a year or so, I'll be posting about it soon, just got to finish the docs.
@garcho keep your money in your pocket for now ;)

Looking forward to seeing it Ian, I'm also still working on my FV-1, thats how I instantly recognized the layout. It's amazing how much time goes by and how side tracked I get but I always end up going back to that DSP when I remember about it. Have you got any good plans for the Eeprom ?
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

timd

Pickdropper - great build. What does the "warble" momentary switch do? I'm assuming it simulates tape warble. What 2 points does it connect to?

pickdropper

Quote from: timd on February 09, 2013, 09:22:30 PM
Pickdropper - great build. What does the "warble" momentary switch do? I'm assuming it simulates tape warble. What 2 points does it connect to?

Hey Tim,

It is indeed designed to simulate tape warble.  It slowly speeds up the delay time while you hold the momentary switch and then it slowly returns to the normal speed as the cap discharges.

As to where it is connected in the circuit, you would have to shoot Josh an email at 1776 effects.  I just checked the build docs and there is no schematic in it.  Maybe it's on the website.

timd

Thanks. I was guessing that the switch had something to do with pin 6 of the 2399 chip. I was thinking about taking a 2399 circuit and adding this switch plus an additional cap or resistor tied into it for some fun.

midwayfair

Quote from: pickdropper on February 09, 2013, 10:25:54 PM

Hey Tim,

It is indeed designed to simulate tape warble.  It slowly speeds up the delay time while you hold the momentary switch and then it slowly returns to the normal speed as the cap discharges.

As to where it is connected in the circuit, you would have to shoot Josh an email at 1776 effects.  I just checked the build docs and there is no schematic in it.  Maybe it's on the website.

It connects the power to the H11F1's LED (with a bit of a complicated capacitor network to slow down the charge/discharge), with the photodiode side of the H11F1 across the time pot on the second tape head. The schematic is on page 11, by the way. :) http://1776effects.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Multiplex-Build-Doc-1.7.pdf
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

pickdropper

Quote from: midwayfair on February 10, 2013, 12:17:20 AM

Hey Tim,

It connects the power to the H11F1's LED (with a bit of a complicated capacitor network to slow down the charge/discharge), with the photodiode side of the H11F1 across the time pot on the second tape head. The schematic is on page 11, by the way. :) http://1776effects.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Multiplex-Build-Doc-1.7.pdf

Yeah, apparently it is.  How did I miss that?

timd

Quote from: midwayfair on February 10, 2013, 12:17:20 AM

Hey Tim,

Thanks Jon. Congrats on being featured on the 1776 site!

Skruffyhound

Pickdropper,
What to say, that design made me say "wow" out loud. Brilliant