SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gcme93

Quote from: John Lyons on March 11, 2013, 05:26:09 PM
Justin Beiber?

I appreciate the incorrect spelling on this. Here's a man who really doesnt give a **** about the boy
Piss poor playing is why i make pedals.

John Lyons

^ correct you are.  ;)

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

haveyouseenhim

I did this tonight and couldnt wait to show it off. It's a GGG D-verb and a jordan vico vibe.    Tone Tested Designs did this combo pedal and it sounds great so I had to make one.

• SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

deadastronaut

love it...cool picture man.. 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

pickdropper

Yeah, dig that picture.  Looks great.

pickdropper

This is a Ross Comp build.  Had a hard time getting good photos with this one.  I may take better ones later.  Or not.

jrod

Very nice looking build, pickdropper!

Govmnt_Lacky

@pickdropper

Couple questions...

Do you have all of your boards/designs sent to PCB houses? If so, what is the total cost to you?

Where do you get those fancy round trimmer pots?  ;D They look like Bourns but, what model are they?
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Jdansti

Quote from: haveyouseenhim on March 12, 2013, 06:14:44 AM
I did this tonight and couldnt wait to show it off. It's a GGG D-verb and a jordan vico vibe.    Tone Tested Designs did this combo pedal and it sounds great so I had to make one.

Cowabunga, dude!!!   :D
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

Jdansti

Quote from: pickdropper on March 12, 2013, 09:50:07 AM
This is a Ross Comp build.  Had a hard time getting good photos with this one.  I may take better ones later.  Or not.

Beautiful guts!  Shame you have to put a cover on it! ;)
  • SUPPORTER

Jdansti

Quote from: John Lyons on March 11, 2013, 11:05:40 PM
^ correct you are.  ;)

Beautiful finish and plate, John!  Still setting the bar for the most professional builds ever done in DIY land! :)
  • SUPPORTER

haveyouseenhim

Thanks guys. :)   it was a PITA getting a 1590BB sized waterslide to go on with no screwups. I love how the colors turned out. I would give the name of the artist that does these style paintings but google images isn't working for me. Just search 'surf art' and there's some really nice work by the same guy.
  • SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

pickdropper

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on March 12, 2013, 10:09:16 AM
@pickdropper

Couple questions...

Do you have all of your boards/designs sent to PCB houses? If so, what is the total cost to you?

Where do you get those fancy round trimmer pots?  ;D They look like Bourns but, what model are they?

I do send my boards out to fab houses.  Where it is sent depends on how many I need, how fast I need it and how much I want to pay.  You can get amazingly fast turns in the US, but it is pricey.

For a few boards, OshPark is often your best bet.  For $5 a sq. inch, you get three copies of your board.  They are even ENIG finish, which is usually an upcharge.

For a few more boards, there are places like Seeed Studio (who I haven't used) and places like iTead (which I have used) that are amazingly cheap as long as you can wait a month to get your boards.  I got these boards from them.  They were about $35 with shipping for ten boards.

I've used US fab houses as well, but the ones I've used have always been a couple hundred dollars or more.  They can be a bit more competitive at higher quantities and they often can hold tighter tolerances than the inexpensive Chinese fabs.

The round trim pot was a parts bin find. It's a Bourns, so I bet your could find it on Mouser.

Govmnt_Lacky

Thanks for the info!

Quote from: pickdropper on March 12, 2013, 11:35:32 AM
The round trim pot was a parts bin find. It's a Bourns, so I bet your could find it on Mouser.

Could you tell us what the style number is? Should be on the top of the trimmer. For example, a common one is Bourns 3386.
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

pickdropper

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on March 12, 2013, 12:00:34 PM

Thanks for the info!

Quote from: pickdropper on March 12, 2013, 11:35:32 AM

Could you tell us what the style number is? Should be on the top of the trimmer. For example, a common one is Bourns 3386.

It's a 3339H.  It's a 4 turn, so a bit pricey.  Digikey has them for about $5.50 a piece.

bluebunny

Quote from: haveyouseenhim on March 12, 2013, 06:14:44 AM

Lovely looking pedal, Mike.

Quote from: pickdropper on March 12, 2013, 09:50:07 AM

Nothing wrong with the photos.  Might have something to do with the A-1 subject matter!
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Tone Tested Designs

^ Looking nice Mike!!

electrosonic

BMP clone w/ Green Russian values (my bandmate has an original I like, so I cloned one for myself - haven't A/B'd it yet)

Two PCBs, the top one is a relay bypass board and the lower one is the Big Muff.

No battery 'cause I don't use em.

Andrew.
  • SUPPORTER

Mustachio

That turned out great Mike! Vibrant colors , I love how waterslide looks over a good white backing! Your pedals have been looking top notch lately!

"Pic"dropper man all your builds look commercial , almost too clean! Always great designs .

John love the builds man your stuff is inspiring I love the amount of work and detail you put into things.

Electro Beautiful etch ! Very clean inside and out! I like the momentary switching you got going on there! I made a board for that Just haven't populated it yet and figured out what I'm gonna use it for. Brain storming a few ideas on the switching mech. Great stuff how does that switch  you have feel engaging it ? pretty smooth right ?
"Hhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg"

electrosonic

It is a latching switch (Carling made in Mexico), the relay switching circuit is mictester's first version on the other forum.

Andrew.
  • SUPPORTER