News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pakrat

Wow, so many great builds in here! This is my latest build.... JOK3RX's Black Forest Uberschall. I know this pedal has nothing to do with the exorcist, but I used Regan anyway because she scares me, much like this pedal!

Guts:

haveyouseenhim

Very nice. Mine got sidelined a long time ago :-[

Is that etched? It's hard to tell. If so, kudos to you.
  • SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

pakrat

Yes sir, it is reverse etched to make it look like she's popping out at you. You should go back to the BF thread Mike, a lot has happened in there  :icon_twisted:

THOMMO

Here's another with a little help from the Mrs. This one was going to be a DAFF with Ge transistors(the 'milk cans' from an eairlier post), but they didn't perform to my liking. So I put in a couple of PNP Si.(BC558B's) ones that I've had for ages. Sounds great  :D There is a low hum that is audible when I stop playing but I don't think it bothers me that much to try and get rid of it. T-tone is my 'company' name. T-tone Stompboxes....lol

Guts. Battery snap in transit.

Cheers, Jason.
May The Twang Be With You

John Lyons

Wem Pep box variant.

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

davent

Looks great John!

@THOMMO, i've found with some pedals that they'll be quiet with battery power but switch to a power supply and they become a bit noisy. For these (and do it for all builds now) i add a 100Ω resistor between the power jack and circuit with a 100µF cap => ground on the circuit end of the resistor, kills the noise.

And looking good, toner transfers work great, you'll never have to mess with delicate, expensive decal film again.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

micromegas

Quote from: John Lyons on March 29, 2013, 11:09:15 AM
Wem Pep box variant.

Hi John, Adán here from Spain.

I think I read before that you use stencils and sprays for your labels and I wonder what kind of stencil lets you achieve such precision... could you give me any clue?
Software Developer @ bela.io

John Lyons

I use water slide decals fixed with spray Lacquer.
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

petey twofinger

this is so embarrassing ...

originally i used walmart craft paint over primer , applied with a brush , blue sides , then white top . at that point i diluted a few various bright colors , then splattered it a bit just on the white top . it turned out looking like a package of gum , very fruity .  perhaps a bit too festive , even for my daughter . the pedal IS for her ,  a proco rat with a rutz pot . then i found a lil nebulizer air pump at  salvation army , half price (two bucks) so i picked up an 8 dollar air brush , sanded the mess off the top and faded the blue with my nebu-brush . when i took the photo i held the mouse up and the led lit it up red a bit ,woo hoo , talk about effects !

one thing that i am havin badaluck with , the paint always seems to crack around the screw holes , on the bottom . i know i should remember to not tighten it so much but ... i am curious what i could do differently besides not make pedals .

im learning , we'll thats what i keep telling myself

EATyourGuitar

Quote from: petey twofinger on March 29, 2013, 06:14:23 PM
this is so embarrassing ...
TL,DR but I think it looks great!
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF

immortalmind

Hi its my PT-80 Delay, Morpheus G2D Distortion, Easy Reverb, Zombie Chorus and and my reverb still without the body :)  ;) sorry fo my english  :icon_mrgreen:

Jdansti

^ Nice work!  Please tell us about your reverb! :)
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

THOMMO

Quote from: davent on March 29, 2013, 12:09:58 PM
add a 100Ω resistor between the power jack and circuit with a 100µF cap => ground on the circuit end of the resistor, kills the noise.

And looking good, toner transfers work great, you'll never have to mess with delicate, expensive decal film again.
Is that in series between the 9v+ and circuit ground? I'll give it go and see/hear what happens. Thanks for the tip davent

Cheers! Now I don't even have to ask! She comes to me with ideas and I just say 'go for it'!

immortalmind

Quote from: Jdansti on March 30, 2013, 02:08:29 AM
its mod reverb whith delay 1,2 (maybe more, I'm not measured) sec time, done at 8! pt2399 modules and 3 opamp.. now I want to attach the adjustment of the frequency reverb, so no hurry to pack in the housing

davent

Quote from: THOMMO on March 30, 2013, 04:25:18 AM
add a 100Ω resistor between the power jack and circuit with a 100µF cap => ground on the circuit end of the resistor, kills the noise.

Is that in series between the 9v+ and circuit ground? I'll give it go and see/hear what happens. Thanks for the tip davent

Cheers! Now I don't even have to ask! She comes to me with ideas and I just say 'go for it'!

I'll try this to help clarify, i like pictures, words can be troubled tangle. (Battery or power supply.)

dave

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

EATyourGuitar

good stuff. looks like a real low pass filter, not just a cap on the power. if you plot phase you will see that the phase is mostly linear with 10uf or larger and 100Ohm or lower. just more interesting facts that have no use I guess. in synth modules I use 20 Ohm and 100n mostly but sometimes I use 47 Ohm 100uf. if I really really want to go overkill with power filter I use 47 Ohm in series and 10uf + 10n side by side shunt.

Jdansti

Quote from: immortalmind on March 30, 2013, 06:49:58 AM
its mod reverb whith delay 1,2 (maybe more, I'm not measured) sec time, done at 8! pt2399 modules and 3 opamp.. now I want to attach the adjustment of the frequency reverb, so no hurry to pack in the housing

Wow!  Maybe you can treat us with a demo video one day. :)
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

immortalmind

Quote from: Jdansti on March 30, 2013, 05:29:27 PM
Quote from: immortalmind on March 30, 2013, 06:49:58 AM

Wow!  Maybe you can treat us with a demo video one day. :)
Maybe. But still to do a lot of things. I cant understand  where to paste a frequency regulator of the effect. Now think about this. I hope you understand my English

THOMMO

Quote from: davent on March 30, 2013, 01:40:32 PM
Quote from: THOMMO on March 30, 2013, 04:25:18 AM

I'll try this to help clarify, i like pictures, words can be troubled tangle. (Battery or power supply.)

dave

Ahh...awesome! That makes more sense, seeing as I tried the way I read it and it didn't seem to do anything...lol.
Assuming I would just flip this for a positive ground?
Cheers Jason.

EATyourGuitar

Quote from: THOMMO on March 30, 2013, 07:09:53 PM
Ahh...awesome! That makes more sense, seeing as I tried the way I read it and it didn't seem to do anything...lol.
Assuming I would just flip this for a positive ground?
Cheers Jason.

yes, always put a polarized cap with the negative stripe to the negative side of your supply. thats the rule always.