News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Quote from: ch1naski on April 18, 2013, 12:17:43 PM
Nice lips, jimi. That lipstick looks good  on you.;)

Seriously, nice job on that honey dripper
thanks, can you see the honey dripping from her lips? ;D

danielzink

Doppleganger

Finally complete.

Worked first time out - no issues.

Moved a switch around, eliminated the rotary switches. Paint turned out way worse than normal....working with these huge boxes is ridiculous :)

It a 5 foot paint job (looks great from 5 feet away).

Working with the plastic jacks...had to solder the ground wire to a toothed washer and sandwich it under a pot....not elegant...but it worked.

Dan

TG Flatline

Quote from: danielzink on April 18, 2013, 06:41:16 PM
It a 5 foot paint job (looks great from 5 feet away).

Love this build! I disagree with your assessment, looks wicked fella! :)

ch1naski

Quote from: jimilee on April 18, 2013, 03:17:05 PM
Quote from: ch1naski on April 18, 2013, 12:17:43 PM
Nice lips, jimi. That lipstick looks good  on you.;)

Seriously, nice job on that honey dripper
thanks, can you see the honey dripping from her lips? ;D
yea.....it's kind of  "Rocky Horror-ish". 8)
Mockingbird wish me luck.

Focalized

Got the pedal from Mammoth in cream. Same basic enclosure I got from Small Bear some years back. Pain to put together. One screw for the pedal treadle post twisted and broke off. Soft screws and self tapping. Bad. But it was down all the way when it broke and it stays put. And you can see that's about how far I could get the pedal pin in even with a press. Anymore and I'm sure I'd ruin the finish. But it's in enough and works.

Looked at the wah pcb from Fuzz Central and matched it to perfboard. Painted the board black. Looks nice with the red caps. It's a Whipple inductor.

Need some gunk for the treadle. Battery snap maybe. And maybe adjust the pot a bit more treble. I'm really happy with it. Thought about a buffer output.

bluebunny

Even though the sun is out (a rarity for the UK this year, it seems), and I should really be outside enjoying some rays, I stayed in and finished this one off today:

It's Ed Guidry's BSIAB2, using JD's board.  Having sold my Dr Boogie, I feel this one has taken its place as a go-to crunch box.  Liking it a lot; very versatile.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

haveyouseenhim

Here's a tonepad rat I just finished. Wrapped in leather :-*

• SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

Jdansti

Love the "rich Corinthian leather"!  How the heck did you manage to get the leather to fit like a glove without any creases in the corners?

Those gut shots look like you've been taking lessons from Mr. Lyons. Very nice! :)

BTW, is a female in your household gonna find a big hole in the side of her purse?   ;D
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

bluebunny

Nice one Mike.  How d'ya get your pets to sit so still for the photo shoot??   ;D

@John: re. purse - don't give me ideas!   ;)
  • SUPPORTER

midwayfair

Mike, that's extremely cool.

Did you consider labeling it with your soldering iron? You can burn designs into leather -- it looks like a wood carving. Maybe practice on a scrap first.
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

Jdansti

^ ;D

I've got cutout pieces of leather from worn-out shoes and purses (stuff that was too forgone to donate to charity) as well as a few pants legs from old jeans.  I've used the jeans to make 'book holder-openers'-basically an eight-inch length of chain in a denim tube that guy can lay across an open book lying on a table to keep the pages from moving.

Beautiful artwork on the BSIAB2. Stupid question- what method did you use for the transfer?  It looks too smooth!
  • SUPPORTER

haveyouseenhim

Haha thanks guys. I took special care wiring because I'm entering it in the madbean monthly contest. I'll make a tutorial on how to get the baby seal skin to stick without creases. I had to use the blood of the worlds most endangered animals as glue  ;D

@ Marc.  My cat had no blood left :icon_twisted:    

I have been on the lookout for cool purse materials at thrift shops.
  • SUPPORTER

haveyouseenhim

Quote from: midwayfair on April 21, 2013, 10:15:29 AM
Mike, that's extremely cool.

Did you consider labeling it with your soldering iron? You can burn designs into leather -- it looks like a wood carving. Maybe practice on a scrap first.

Yea I'm waiting for hobby lobby to open to get some leather stamps.

@ JD I used duro brand all purpose adhesive.
  • SUPPORTER

bluebunny

Quote from: Jdansti on April 21, 2013, 10:26:03 AM
Beautiful artwork on the BSIAB2. Stupid question- what method did you use for the transfer?  It looks too smooth!

Too smooth?  You must be looking at someone else's...   :icon_wink:

No, just regular laser waterslide.  Quite by chance, it goes pretty much to the edge of the enclosure (I usually make it a couple of millimetres small, by design).  Then two acrylic lacquer coats.  Maybe "close to the edge" is the asnwer?  I always did like Yes...   :D
  • SUPPORTER

petey twofinger

very nice mike . i did a rat with your pcb in a 1590b last night and it barely fit . i had to remove one of the pot covers ...
im learning , we'll thats what i keep telling myself

ch1naski

Another etched enclosure that didn't quite come out right... But they're aren't really any second chances with the method, I reckon.
Tried using the "brush/sponge-on " method, with partial success. Next time I'll get it, learning from my mistakes and experience .

Six band eq.

Mockingbird wish me luck.

markeebee

....an eight-inch length of chain in a denim tube......

Jdansti

Quote from: markeebee on April 22, 2013, 12:02:30 PM

....an eight-inch length of chain in a denim tube......

Luv me some scrubs!   ;D

I guess you could say it's a multi-purpose device.  :icon_eek:

BTW, I underestimated the length. It's more like a proud 12-inches. ;)
  • SUPPORTER

deadastronaut

here's a picture of 2 smoked fish and a salad. (note : not actual size)

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Hexjibber

Quote from: ch1naski on April 21, 2013, 02:07:24 PM

The etches are coming along well! Glad to see you've stuck at it, that one looks like it could do with being a bit deeper, would you agree? I've found recently that constantly agitating the etchant has really helped with getting a clean etch, I still use the pipette method but sort of move the solution around on top of the box. Worked a treat last time and I managed to get a much deeper etch before the mask started getting eaten away at. I'd definitely recommend giving NaOH a go if you're experimenting.